• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arken EP-5/Savage 110 Tactical ring height

Holden Hiscok

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2024
Wisconsin northwoods
I'm planning on putting a budget build together using this combo, since it's a 56mm objective which (Arken) ring height should I go with.
Thanks in advance, I just want to avoid having to make a return because there isn't enough space or way too much.

What kind of stock is on the gun? Id imagine medium would be good place to start, does it have a picatinny rail?

Stock is what it comes with from the factory. Factory aluminum 20moa picatinny unless it's no good and I should get something else, was planning on degreasing and torqueing rail and action screws with vibratite...

I'd start with medium, if you were to upgrade the stock to something with an adjustable cheek piece getting the scope as low as possible wouldn't matter as much. If your sticking with the factory stock I would imagine getting it as low as possible would probably make the gun more comfortable. You should be fine with factory rail, I would do the things you mentioned.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/ring-height-info-how-to-measure-correctly.20706/

that might help you out.