- What is the platform for the scope? Tikka CTR 24”
- What cartridge are you shooting? 6.5 CM
- What is your intended use for the scope? Mainly wanting to spend time with teenage son plinking paper and steel
- What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Range and occasional deer hunt but most deer are under 350 yds
- What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? This is a new gun set up, previously 243 up to 800 meters
- Are there any specific specifications you would like? FFP, MIL, windage reticle tree - previous scope was a Nikon BDC and it was limiting
- What is the price range you can afford? Looking at $400-500
I would like to get your first person experience with these two optics. Please don’t reference a YT promoter. I just bought a Tikka CTR 24” 6.5CM. I plan to use it for paper and steel plinking for fun. I may use it for Texas Whitetail hunting, but it will be from a blind not stalking, so weight will not be an issue and max distance likely 350 yards during hunt. Really just wanting an excuse to spend time with my teenager. I see some features on EP5 that are closer to Strike Eagle, but SE is more expensive than Venom and EP5 (illuminated retical). Looking for $400 - $500 range. How big of a deal is the illuminated retical for once a year hunting? Read some parallax issues for EP5 - how big of a deal in real world for you mainly under 500 meters? What is your personal experience with these two scopes - Venom and EP5?