• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arken Light Weight Hunting version

I like it, but 4-16 is kind of a killer for me. If this was a 6-24x50 or 5-25x50, I’d pre-order 2 for my new hunting scopes today.

• Haha
Reactions: db2000
The weight looks OK for hunting as well at 23.7oz (both 3-16 and 6-24 versions).

Not sure what Japanese glass means. There are MANY grades of glass from Japan.

30mm tube and 50mm objective shaves weight. I’d rather carry 6 more ounces and not compromise those two personally.

Reactions: Fig and z71rat
It's 12 ounces lighter the the SH model.
4oz shy of a pound… That’s a huge difference on a scope. I’ll probably be ordering 1 or 2 of the 6-24 versions tonight to try. The ED glass in my EP5 is solid, and very impressive for the price, and definitely good enough for hunting out to 500-750. I’d imagine this will be an excellent hunting scope with the shaved weight. 👍🏼

Reactions: z71rat
4oz shy of a pound… That’s a huge difference on a scope. I’ll probably be ordering 1 or 2 of the 6-24 versions tonight to try. The ED glass in my EP5 is solid, and very impressive for the price, and definitely good enough for hunting out to 500-750. I’d imagine this will be an excellent hunting scope with the shaved weight. 👍🏼
Kinda wish this would have been announced a few weeks earlier. I just bought a Zeiss Conquest 4-16x50 that I put on my Savage Ultralite Camo. This lighter EP4 would have been an interesting option to at least consider.

Last edited:
Looking forward to reviews. I want to replace the Primary Arms GLX 4-16 on my M&P 10, initially thinking Vortex LHT but that's overkill for what I use it for.

The price makes me skeptical, not saying that a high price is the marker of good vs bad but there is a point where something is being given up and it usually is not profit margins.
I pulled the trigger on the EP5 when I got a coupon that brought it down to just over $400. I'm extremely satisfied with it; my buddy has the SH4 Gen 2(4-16 IIRC) and it blows that out of the water. If I had to guess, I think they're sacrificing QC. I've read lots of reviews where people had lemons but I'm guessing they figured it's cheaper to just replace the lemons. Even my buddy's SH4, when illuminated it kind of looks shifted(though he doesn't use illumination). I should note, I haven't even checked to see how the illuminated reticle looks on the EP5...I don't think I even put batteries in there(assuming it's not already in there). Parallax adjustment sucked(slow), but compared to the GLX it's not that bad. Other similar optics I own are Athlons(Cronus BTR and Midas TAC). The EP5 is cheaper and much better than the Primary Arms GLX, but I'd put both my Athlons above the EP5...but I also paid more for those.

They also may have found ways to cut overhead. I don't see as much advertisement except from YouTubers and I think their company is fairly small.

Last edited:
I was able to look through an EP5 the other day at a match. It may just be my eyes, but I thought it looked horrible. CA and purple hue, image was very blurry, and this was after I set it up for my eyesight. I hope that they get better and improve, would like to see a lightweight one so I can recommend to friends. Everything seems great for the money.

I was able to look through an EP5 the other day at a match. It may just be my eyes, but I thought it looked horrible. CA and purple hue, image was very blurry, and this was after I set it up for my eyesight. I hope that they get better and improve, would like to see a lightweight one so I can recommend to friends. Everything seems great for the money.
I have an EP5 and the glass is really good until you get close to the max magnification. Great glass up to 22x or so, especially for the money.

I think this is why I mentioned poor QC...my EP5 looked pretty good but the fringing you describe is what I saw on the SH4. If there was someone local and willing, I wouldn't mind sending it to them to compare different batches of EP5s

I pulled the trigger on the EP5 when I got a coupon that brought it down to just over $400. I'm extremely satisfied with it; my buddy has the SH4 Gen 2(4-16 IIRC) and it blows that out of the water. If I had to guess, I think they're sacrificing QC. I've read lots of reviews where people had lemons but I'm guessing they figured it's cheaper to just replace the lemons. Even my buddy's SH4, when illuminated it kind of looks shifted(though he doesn't use illumination). I should note, I haven't even checked to see how the illuminated reticle looks on the EP5...I don't think I even put batteries in there(assuming it's not already in there). Parallax adjustment sucked(slow), but compared to the GLX it's not that bad. Other similar optics I own are Athlons(Cronus BTR and Midas TAC). The EP5 is cheaper and much better than the Primary Arms GLX, but I'd put both my Athlons above the EP5...but I also paid more for those.

They also may have found ways to cut overhead. I don't see as much advertisement except from YouTubers and I think their company is fairly small.
Get a parallax wheel from MKM on here. It makes it so easy! And a mag ring throw as well but I think they include that now. Battery would have come in the plastic bag the scope box was in. Easy to toss out if you’re not really paying attention. Common CR123 anyway

My concern is mainly with tracking durability
They offer a precision tracking guarantee. All 4 of my Arkens (3x SH4 Gen2, and 1 EP5) track true. I own German SCHOTT glass scopes as well, so I know alpha glass. And for the money, the Arkens have impressed me in the budget scope (sub-$1,000 MSRP) category.

I ended up just pulling the trigger on a 6-24x50 EPL4 MIL VHR a few minutes ago. I figured with the combo pack and free shipping it was under $450... I've wasted a lot more than that before on junk that was supposed to be good, that I basically had to give away, because nobody wanted it either. 😂 Plus, they offer a precision tracking guarantee, they have good customer service, a satisfaction guarantee, and since you buy directly from Arken (no middlemen), they will send you a return label and issue a full refund if you're not satisfied. The way I look at it, is that it's kind of hard to lose in that situation. 🤷🏼 If it's great, then you got a good scope at a great price. If not...You get your money back.

Last edited:
Sounds like my very first EP5 that I sent back to Arken after 1 trip to the range. They replaced it with a new one that they hand-examined before shipping it out to me, and the replacement one is excellent. Sounds like he needs to contact Arken and getting it swapped-out. 👍🏼

Their CS was great, too. No questions asked, other than what was wrong. They even sent the reply email and return shipping label at almost 10pm at night. I was impressed by that, as well.

Overall, I have no complaints about Arken. I try to be honest and open about my experiences, but folks still love to scream "SHILL!" at the top of their lungs. I have no affiliation with any company...Weapons or optics. The only company i'm even remotely affiliated with is Otter Creek Labs suppressors, only because I got to know Andrew through IG, and we became friends. That's how I got on his pre-production testing team with all those big name folks like Tim at Alabama Arsenal, and Jay at PEW Science. But I still have to pay for all my suppressors, so it's not like I get anything for free...I just get them a few months earlier than everyone else for T&R and making my YT & IG videos, and maybe get to try some cool 1-off custom stuff for testing purposes on occasion.

Reactions: Ronws
I think this is why I mentioned poor QC...my EP5 looked pretty good but the fringing you describe is what I saw on the SH4. If there was someone local and willing, I wouldn't mind sending it to them to compare different batches of EP5s
My first EP5 was from the preorder run...It was a lemon straight out of the box. It was so bad, that above 14x, I couldn't even shoot groups at 100 yards. They promptly replaced it with no questions asked, and the replacement one they sent has been phenomenal since day 1. Absolutely zero complaints. So, yeah, I'm sure QC is probably lacking some, but their CS is good, so if it is junk, request an RA, tell them the glass is blurry around the edges and it has horrible CA, and they'll replace it.

They offer a precision tracking guarantee. All 4 of my Arkens (3x SH4 Gen2, and 1 EP5) track true. I own German SCHOTT glass scopes as well, so I know alpha glass. And for the money, the Arkens have impressed me in the budget scope (sub-$1,000 MSRP) category.

I ended up just pulling the trigger on a 6-24x50 EPL4 MIL VHR a few minutes ago. I figured with the combo pack and free shipping it was under $450... I've wasted a lot more than that before on junk that was supposed to be good, that I basically had to give away, because nobody wanted it either. 😂 Plus, they offer a precision tracking guarantee, they have good customer service, a satisfaction guarantee, and since you buy directly from Arken (no middlemen), they will send you a return label and issue a full refund if you're not satisfied. The way I look at it, is that it's kind of hard to lose in that situation. 🤷🏼 If it's great, then you got a good scope at a great price. If not...You get your money back.
Have you received it yet?

Just want to get a thought on the mil per rev. It is 8 mil per rev. I would order one already if it is 10 mil per rev. One used one that is not 10 mil per rev? Thanks.

Just want to get a thought on the mil per rev. It is 8 mil per rev. I would order one already if it is 10 mil per rev. One used one that is not 10 mil per rev? Thanks.

Oh Lordy that was hard to read. I hope you've been drinking. 😁

If you are a casual shooter like me, (No comps) then the 8 Mils per revolution aren't an issue.
If it's a hunting scope, (which it is) then the likelyhood of dialing over 8 Mils is pretty slim.

I have three of the Arken scopes and I just don't have any complaints other than the parallax numbers being way off.
Waaaaay off.
A long way off.

Oh Lordy that was hard to read. I hope you've been drinking. 😁

If you are a casual shooter like me, (No comps) then the 8 Mils per revolution aren't an issue.
If it's a hunting scope, (which it is) then the likelyhood of dialing over 8 Mils is pretty slim.

I have three of the Arken scopes and I just don't have any complaints other than the parallax numbers being way off.
Waaaaay off.
A long way off.
Aer they fully sniper approaved? What about zombie incursions at 2,200 yards did you ever thank of that/????? Didn't think so. I'm waiting for 20m per rev. 8 per rev is asking for traouble stay in you lane amaeur! this is going on my 'fighting rifle'. :geek:

Reactions: camotoe
Aer they fully sniper approaved? What about zombie incursions at 2,200 yards did you ever thank of that/????? Didn't think so. I'm waiting for 20m per rev. 8 per rev is asking for traouble stay in you lane amaeur! this is going on my 'fighting rifle'. :geek:

You know what's really sad?
I could read that without any trouble, and, it was in the correct voice...

You know what's really sad?
I could read that without any trouble, and, it was in the correct voice...
You have enough practice with my siri text fails. I'd reckon if I ever send a text out free of spelling errors you guys will call EMS....'he's having a stroke!'.

Put in a few minutes looking down the street with my rimfire Arkie getting antsy for KYL spinners

Cheap scopes don't usually get individual QC. They usually get batch tested. I.E. Check a couple out of a bunch.

Any deliveries yet? I wonder what the difference is between the ELP5 and EP5 glass. One says ED, while the other ELD?
I'm a bit annoyed on the complete lack of details on the scope especially around the glass coatings. I've given up on my SH4 and will be selling it based on the glass. Just to much CA and lack of sharpness for my eyes. I do like my EP5.

Last edited:
Reactions: drglock
What is the difference between a hunting scope and a...not-hunting? scope? This EPL4 4-16 looks like it would be great on an AR10, but I'm not sure what I would be gaining or losing by getting a hunting scope.

What is the difference between a hunting scope and a...not-hunting? scope? This EPL4 4-16 looks like it would be great on an AR10, but I'm not sure what I would be gaining or losing by getting a hunting scope.
The hunting part is all marketing lingo. It's the lighter weight and probably less elevation.

Waaaaay off.
A long way off.
SH4 is off, 2 EP5s i have are spot on for 100yds and 300yds.
and, yes, i saw reviews stating off parallax as well. also reviews stating excessive chroma and lack of edge clarity. mine are sharp edge to edge.
but i would admit, at 20x it is perceivably sharper than at 25x. still, a good glass.

on topic - i ordered epl4 6-24x on 11/11, on 11/25 asked them - the answer was - they expect deliveries in 1-2 weeks and then will start filling orders. so, if that was true, may be they will start shipping them out this friday.

i would not hold my breath for those epl4 to be on par with ep5 optically, though.

Reactions: FuhQ
It’s all about weight and size. Also some companies cap the turrets on hunting scopes. Also usually the reticle is simpler because you aren’t shooting at extended ranges. With this, I think it’s just size and weight.

Reactions: FuhQ
Like was stated previously…. Typically the differences are lighter weight (30mm tube vs. 34mm & 50mm obj. vs 56mm, & shorter length to shave weight), a capped windage turret, and a simpler reticle.

All of which the EPL4 has, compared to its big brother the EP5. The EPL4 6-24x50 is just under 24oz., while the EP5 is a tank at just shy of 40oz.

SH4 is off, 2 EP5s i have are spot on for 100yds and 300yds.
and, yes, i saw reviews stating off parallax as well. also reviews stating excessive chroma and lack of edge clarity. mine are sharp edge to edge.
but i would admit, at 20x it is perceivably sharper than at 25x. still, a good glass.

on topic - i ordered epl4 6-24x on 11/11, on 11/25 asked them - the answer was - they expect deliveries in 1-2 weeks and then will start filling orders. so, if that was true, may be they will start shipping them out this friday.

i would not hold my breath for those epl4 to be on par with ep5 optically, though.
I’m curious as to why would think the EP5 would be noticeably optically superior, being that they both have the same ED/ELD glass from the same company? The slightly smaller 50mm objective and 30mm tube won’t be hugely detrimental to light transmission with high-quality glass. But we’ll see once mine comes in, and I can compare it side-by-side with my EP5.

I’m curious as to why would think the EP5 would be noticeably optically superior, being that they both have the same ED/ELD glass from the same company? The slightly smaller 50mm objective and 30mm tube won’t be hugely detrimental to light transmission with high-quality glass. But we’ll see once mine comes in, and I can compare it side-by-side with my EP5.
It's not just coatings, but design/glass profile too. I've seen it in other optics where the different sizes do not actually scale. Not to mention, larger lens in general are inherently more sharp; though this does not mean it's true regarding the EPL4 vs EP5. Looks like it was just speculation.

There is no way to know until people put hands on the ELP. My assumption is the glass is different and based on the price, vs the EP5, lower quality.

Thank you all for the replies about what makes it a hunting scope. There is a lot to like about this scope if the glass is decent.

Kinda wish this would have been announced a few weeks earlier. I just bought a Zeiss Conquest 4-16x50 that I put on my Savage Ultralite Camo. This lighter EP4 would have been an interesting option to at least consider.
The Zeiss Conquest V4 will be a better scope hands-down, but for the price of the Arken, I'm interested to give one a try. If it's not a solid unit for hunting, I'll just stick it on my CA Ranger 22 for 100-200 yard .22LR plinking.

I just ordered 2 of the Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24x50 ZMOA-1 scopes for my 2 main hunting rifles. They arrived last week, and this week. VERY impressive glass for the BF sales price of $749 & $799 ($1149 MSRP). Got them both mounted up, and ready to confirm zero this weekend.

They both have sunshades and flip caps now, I was waiting on them to arrive when the first pic was taken.

8081DDF5-8B0A-48F0-AA4E-A8F62638509D.jpeg
2B1FD363-1B62-4363-BA97-4532FC5E7669.jpeg

The Zeiss Conquest V4 will be a better scope hands-down, but for the price of the Arken, I'm interested to give one a try. If it's not a solid unit for hunting, I'll just stick it on my CA Ranger 22 for 100-200 yard .22LR plinking.
Let's hope you don't need Zeiss customer service for warranty like I needed them for my Conquest bino's and V4 scope. Absolutely horrible.

Zeiss used to always have excellent CS… When did it start going downhill?

Late spring of 2020 so they blamed it on the pandemic. My Conquest V4 was missing the zero stop pin and the engraving on the scope body to tell me where my zero is for the windage turret. My conquest bino's outer rubber overmold was started to peel away from the body near the eye piece. Eventually I swapped them out when I drove by a my nearest Cabelas over an hr away and let them deal with it. Zeiss's could not promise me a 3 month or quicker timeframe turnaround. Heck it took them weeks to respond back.

Late spring of 2020 so they blamed it on the pandemic. My Conquest V4 was missing the zero stop pin and the engraving on the scope body to tell me where my zero is for the windage turret. My conquest bino's outer rubber overmold was started to peel away from the body near the eye piece. Eventually I swapped them out when I drove by a my nearest Cabelas over an hr away and let them deal with it. Zeiss's could not promise me a 3 month or quicker timeframe turnaround. Heck it took them weeks to respond back.
That sucks, in the past they’ve always been very quick to respond when I’ve sent an email to them. Well, hopefully they’ll get their shit together, and I won’t need CS. Both of mine seem perfect so far.

Last edited: