• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armageddon Gear Game Changer Full Size Ava. Pint Sized

mmiloshoff

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Does anyone have experience using both of these as a rear bag? The pint size seems to be marketed towards a rear bag, where the full size seems to be marketed for barricades. I would primarily just be using it as a rear bag, shooting off an Atlas CAL.

biggest difference between the two is the fill

the regular has a poly/bead fill
the pin-sized has a sand fill

both work well as a front/rear bag

Reactions: mmiloshoff
The pint size is a lot smaller footprint and works better as a rear bag in my opinion. I usually carry only one bag and carry the OG and it works well for both front and rear but at times for me it needs manipulated to get low enough for rear support especially on uphill shots. You can’t go wrong with either bag they are awesome.

I use the Pint Size (sticky, heavy fill version) and it works great from barricades. It works as a rear bag, as well, but lately I find myself using my Python of Fat Bag more as a rear bag.

I have a heavy fill pint side waxed canvas as well as the std stickey GC and the pint size canvas heavy fill is in my opinion the best rear bag mad currently. I have lots of bags and for a rear bag all the other set on the shelf.

I've had both. I ended up selling the pint size. Both work fine, but I like to carry only one bag and the og wax canvas is more stable to me in multiple places and is just as good as a rear bag.

There were a couple stages at the NRL finale that you could not fit a full size gamechanger in the barricade holes. Just food for thought. I plan on getting a pint sized GC or an MFC.

For most barricade work I use a custom bag that is a cross between an udder bag and a gamechanger. It's the best bag I have ever used, but didn't fit in those small holes.

Last edited:
I have a pint-sized waxed canvas heavy fill and an OG size sticky. I use the pint-sized for almost everything, I find it more stable on barricades than the OG because of the heavy fill and it's a great size for a rear bag. It's pretty rare I even lug the OG sticky around anymore, usually just my pint-size and fat bag. I'm probably gonna get a pint-sized sticky for next year as there was one stage at the NRL finale that woulda been a bitch to shoot if someone in our squad hadn't had a sticky...

I have both, prefer the larger OG waxed canvas. The pint size is stable, but a bit too small for my tastes. I like the added length that the OG offers when laid sideways on odd obstacles (rocks, terrain etc) and I like the added range of adjustability it offers as a rear bag (really low to really tall as needed).

What’s everyone’s preferred way to use the GC as a rear bag? How do you position it etc?

What’s everyone’s preferred way to use the GC as a rear bag? How do you position it etc?

Bag on its side, the V groove facing toward the target. Rifle stock resting on one "leg" of the GC, with the unused half being on my non-trigger finger side (essentially wrapped inside my support side arm as it squeezes the rear bag). Initial elevation control by squeezing the bag, if larger movements are needed I move material left/right inside the bag. If I need a very low butt stock position I let all the fill move from the side supporting the rifle stock over to the unused half. If I need more elevation I push the fill material back under the butt stock.

If that's not enough elevation, I rotate the bag on end lengthwise for max height. Control elevation by squeezing or by allowing the base of the bag on the ground to creep towards the target (ie 45 degree angle to be tall but not all the way tall).

Some stages where you prestage the rifle and have to run to position I'll place the bag upright with the flat side upward and adjust bipod height to get it correct. Some guys like the low position with the bag upside down/sideways and the butt stock in the groove.

I've also borrowed a game changer from squad mates to be able to use double stacked game changers as a rear bag on tall positions, seems more stable than a pump pillow.

Reactions: deersniper
Have you figured out from the responses it's purely personal preference. I find the full size much better as a rear bag and the pint size much more stable in 90 percent of cases as a barricade bag. I'll be trying a Shmedium for both for the next 6 months

I have the pint size as a do-all bag. I don’t compete, I use it for work, and the full size seemed like a burden to carry in my pack. I went with the poly beads in the waxed canvas.
Sure, the big one would be great in some circumstances, but I felt that the pint size was the best compromise since I’m only going to carry one bag.
i ALMOST went with the schmedium but it was too damn heavy and didn’t offer the poly beads as an option as far as I could tell

i found the pint sized to be pretty flexible, although i have not had it long (the sticky).
the strap on one side allows me to put in on its "front" side and use it more like a typical squeeze bag with more height if needed.
tbh, i don't shoot prs so i have not tried it on different types of barriers for a front rest.