• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Armalite AR 10 decisions

ACC

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2011
KS
Looking at purchasing an Armalite in 260 or 308. My range is 500 m but have opportunities to shoot to 1000 occasionally.

Might wait until they make one using Pmags.

What comments does SH have?

Re: Armalite AR 10 decisions

No I haven't. I don't believe they are offering that caliber.

At the risk of showing what an idiot I am...
Since when does an armalite not take PMAGS?? Are you serious?
I just bought an AR-10 and I bought PMAGs for it, just assuming they fit!!
I'm not trying to thread-jack you, I'm just immensely curious now that you said that.

They just recently started making one of their models with Pmags I heard but have not seen one personally. They have been modified m1A mags or Armalite only mags until the above. One of the main reasons I have been on the fence to get one lately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thehjot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At the risk of showing what an idiot I am...
Since when does an armalite not take PMAGS?? Are you serious?
I just bought an AR-10 and I bought PMAGs for it, just assuming they fit!!
I'm not trying to thread-jack you, I'm just immensely curious now that you said that. </div></div>

If your Armalite AR10 is not item# A10CBF AR-10A A4 7.62 CARBINE or item# A10SBF AR10A SuperSASS 7.62 RIFLE then the Pmags won't fit without modifying the mag.

There is nothing wrong with useing the Armalite mags. You can find the 5 mag deal on their website and some times they will show up here for sale. I have bought from both places. Unless you are wanting a roomfull of the price isn't that bad. Be sure to stay with the Gen.II. The ones I use have never given me a problem; they just work. I have a 10 rounder that is used the most when at the range.

Who cares about Pmags? Why is it such a big deal for people to order their mags direct from Armalite? I really dont understand the frustration behind it.

Not trying to question your intentions, but why not just get the AR-10B? Mags are always available, work better than PMags, are tougher, can load longer rounds, etc etc.

When people spend as much as they do on these 308 rifles, why do they feel the need to penny pinch on the magazine?

IMO, the magazine should be the last thing to worry about. Buy your rifle, buy parts for that rifle, yada yada. $15 should not be the deciding factor.

Just my opinion though. Armalite is good stuff, and you cant go wrong with either model.

Have a couple of Armalite AR-10's. They are older models, but they shoot fine, they always go boom, and I've bought quite a few mags from Armalite (since thats all that work for these) and have no issues at all. Just my two cents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: med17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a couple of Armalite AR-10's. They are older models, but they shoot fine, they always go boom, and I've bought quite a few mags from Armalite (since thats all that work for these) and have no issues at all. Just my two cents. </div></div>

+1. Been shooting Armalite AR10's since the late 90's with factory mags with zero issues. Got 2 in 308 and a custom in 260.

I have a basic Armalite flat top in 7.62 NATO with a relatively cheap Bushnell Elite 4??something for a scope. This basic Armalite give me near MOA accuracy, even with Pakistani surplus, and I'm sure it is a better shot than me. I've yet to find ammo that it would not function with, brand or bullet weight. It is such a versatile platform I don't see needing another rifle but if I do it will be an Armalite! I don't think you can go wrong with them!

After finding the right load for my Armilite Super SASS I now hit 10" steel at 1000 yds with no trouble. Thats all I need and am very happy with it.
175gr SMK
GMM brass
44 gr IMR 4895
CCI BR primers
2.830 OAL
2610 av. MV