• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite AR-10 super SASS gen 2 review

tnw50cal

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2021
Brookpark,OH
With very little on the web about the new Armalite Super SASS gen 2,I thought I'd post a review of the one I got about a month ago off Gunbroker.
Mine was a penny start auction and I won with a $2175.00 bid, after taxes and shipping I had $2423.00 into it. The fit and finish are near perfect, I have no complaints. Mine came with a Trigger Tech trigger-I like it. I mounted Magpul gen 2 m-lok rail covers, a Magpul metal 3 slot rail at the 3 o'clock anbd a 5 slot at the 6o'clock position in the 2nd from end slot of the m-lok rail. I mounted a quick detach sling swivel at the 9 o'clock position of the m-lok rail. I mounted a Leupold Mk 4 8.5 x 25 x 50 scope with Barrett zero gap rings as well as a Atlas quick detach bipod.
I did the barrel break in per Armalite guide lines-shoot 1 round for the first 10 rounds cleaning barrel after each round, then 4 groups of 5 rounds cleaning after each group of 5. I didn't mount the scope until I started the 5 round groups and the day I sighted it in was very windy. The wind kept blowing the target back and forth. My groups sucked.
Today I got out to the range and shot off bags at the 100 yard range. The first picture is my 168 grain reloads(federal case ,42.5 grains 4064, hornady 168 grain OTBT match bullets) the first shot is the 1 to the right, 2nd shot to the left, 3rd into 1st shot.. Second picture is 175 grain Federal gold medal match. The little orange dot in the center of the target is .75 inches. I'd say she a KEEPER. When shot off the table with the bipod the goups opened up to about 2 inches as it was impossible to "load" the bipod and it kinda bounched all over the table top. I tried 1 round with the suppressor and got a end cap strike, same as any other 308 rifle I've fire it with-it's going back to Gemtech.
sass 168.jpg
sass 175.jpg
IMG_0165.JPG

Last edited: