• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARMALITE AR-10 SUPER SASS?

lov2hnt

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2010
Arvada, Colorado
Hi there, great website by the way.
What is everyones experience with this firearm? Is it worth the 2500.00 you can get them for? I'm about to pull the trigger on one and just need to get some more experienced advice on them.
Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Bill

Re: ARMALITE AR-10 SUPER SASS?

Use the search engine. You will find dozens of threads you will get your answers from faster than you will receive them here. This question has been asked many times and has been answered, and debated thuroughly. Yes, its a quality piece of gear, but make sure it suits your needs before you buy. There are lots of great options out there right now for .308 AR variants.
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en
Use this search instead

+1!

Plenty of good info on the Super SASS floating around. Do yourself a favor and use the search engine linked to in my sig line and NOT the one on the tab at the top of the page (the forum software's search engine stinks).

Good luck!

As nly205 said, there are MANY variants to choose from on the AR platform such as POF, LMT, Noveske, LWRC, DPMS, Knights Armament, only to name the few that come to mind.

Do a forum search for "Armalite SASS" and you'll find a ton of comments that will answer any question you may have.

You can find lots of good stuff on that SASS on the forums. I actually have worked with the gas pistons and DI systems for quite a while, but my gas pistons never shot the tight groups that the DI guns have at long ranges.

For that reason, I purchased a AR-10T and installed the PRS stock, Harris bipod, and accessories. I have over $2K (without mount/optics) in it, but it shoots sub MOA easily and is a blast to shoot. Cleaning the gun is not an issue, as I do it after each range session, and it seems like it's quicker to clean than my gas piston guns anyway. Good luck with the SASS.

From what I have read, no actual experience other than drooling over at the shop, these are the best equipped for money spent. Has better performance than some of the more expensive competitors, and uses the well proven M14 style mag. But then again, when you start spending that kind of money on any firearm, they will do as claimed or will be fixed for free until it does as claimed. From handling alone, the Armalite SASS feels better than DPMS SASS. Just personal preference probably, but Im no expert.

I just got rid off my SASS and I miss it, but it was just sitting. I think you need to decide if you want a semi-auto rifle in 7.62/308 before you pick which one to get.

I had found better accuracy out of bolt actions, so I went that route, but the semi-auto feature sure is fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Extreme454</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think you need to decide if you want a semi-auto rifle in 7.62/308 before you pick which one to get.

I had found better accuracy out of bolt actions, so I went that route, but the semi-auto feature sure is fun.
</div></div>

This.

I also found myself wasting alot of ammo with a semi. It is just personal preference though. Just sit down and really think if you want a semi or a bolt gun first. This will save you alot of hastle later.

Well I recieved the Gun on Chrismas eve and love it!!! It reminds me alot of owning a Harley..... Its not the gun thats expensive but all the toys your gonna put on it. I still have to shoot it and do the barrel break in but I think I will be happy with a simi auto gun for hunting. I have a 22-250 that I hunt coyotes with and I will hunt deer and antilope with this. and If it dosent work out It will go up for sale.

Congrats on the new rifle! I have no doubt that you'll love hunting with it and also on the range.

They are worth it. I have an Armalite AR-10 SASS that is upgraded with a custom Noveske barrel. The gun shoots great and is more accurate than my skill.

Don't buy a rifle because of the name or the tacticool features, buy it because you want a good reliable platform that has the features you want. I bought mine because I wanted a very accurate semi-auto rifle. I use to own a H&K MSG-90, and they are very accurate but I switched the my current AR-10 and I am very happy.

Good luck with your choice.