• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armalite Bolt carrier starting to split.

1Bolt

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2007
Ca. Bay area
Anyone experienced an Armalite AR10 bolt carrier starting to split in the firing pin hole?
This is a older model, no forward assist groves. Not sure of the total round count.
I found a NOS replacement but not sure if others had this problem.

Re: Armalite Bolt carrier starting to split.

Pics for shits and giggles and definitely contact Armalite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought they were indestructible. </div></div>

Nearly but not quite: Source
AR15KB.JPG

I sure hope that the company will take care of the problem

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cheddarB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure hope that the company will take care of the problem </div></div>
Well on the one I posted (totally different situation from the one under discussion by the way, just posted that to show what can happen to bolt carriers) the OP had this to say:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Hill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both Armalite and HSM have stepped up to the plate and have taken care of the matter to our satisfaction.</div></div>

good deal, good to hear about a company that takes care of their customers..

On mine its inside, in the firing pin hole where the bolt contacts the bolt carrier behind the gas rings.

I have never personally witnessed a BC splitting, but I have seen several reports with pics of the problem which normally can be directly tied to an ammunition f-up versus a material failure of the BC itself.

Armalite has a BIG reputation to uphold and they will NOT let QC issues (or other problems) cause customer dissatisfaction. They should take care of you provided that it is not something that is a direct result of operator error or stupidity (no offense intended to you...there are just some folks out there that should stick to spears and rocks and leave the firearms to others who know what the hell they are doing).
wink.gif

The HSM ammo KB is a good example of Armalite stepping up to the plate. They looked after a customer who got screwed by a factory-produced ammo KB resulting is a catastrophic failure of the Armalite BC.

I have always been very happy with their products, and customer service.

Call them I had a good experience with them on a CS issue they replaced it no problem.