• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Armasight Lives Despite Flir. The Contractor 320 3-12X

Well it sure aint made out of plastic. Pretty beefy at 1.7 lbs. Will be interesting to see what FPA it has in it.

Reactions: EchoFiveIndia
Yeah, I don't really like all those dials sticking up. Will snag on stuff. I like the flat top panel with recessed buttons like the Flir Thermosights have.

Dont know about the dope part. Doubt it. More likely just regular control features via a different layout.

Reactions: stefan73
I'm curious to see some reviews. They have to know how stiff the competition is now days so I'm thinking it will bring something to the table. It's listed 320 at 60hz which is odd numbers for an iray core. Boson maybe?

I'm curious to see some reviews. They have to know how stiff the competition is now days so I'm thinking it will bring something to the table. It's listed 320 at 60hz which is odd numbers for an iray core. Boson maybe?
Most Boson's have been 320 x 256 or 640 x 512. But you never know. We can always hope.

Lifted from the gunsamerica write up:

“While the current version of the Contractor has a 320×240 resolution, a 640×480 version will be available in Q3 of this year. And thanks to the onboard proprietary Armacor processor, the images are nice and clean due, in part, to the pixel guessing software. All of which is made here in the USA.

The Contractor also has a USB-C out, making it easy to remove footage from the unit, which can capture both video and stills. The 320 version of the Contractor is available now for around $4,000. The 640 version will cost around $5,000 when it’s released later this year.”

@EchoFiveIndia Good catch on the article. I had not seen that.

The rear ocular appears to be exactly the same as what Flir put on the Thermosight line. It will be interesting to see whose FPA they are putting in the units.

Reactions: EchoFiveIndia
First post here and reviving a year old thread, joined specifically to ask about the new Armasight. Has anyone found any more information on their cores? They market it as a proprietary ArmaCORE.

Most Boson's have been 320 x 256 or 640 x 512. But you never know. We can always hope.
I called last week and asked about this.

Not boson.

They are making their own cores. I was told made in USA. I didn’t go in to specific nuanced level questioning about what that might actually mean.

I was told they would be making these cores available for other manufacturers in the future.

And I just got a follow up regarding the 640 sidekick helmet mount. Currently it has a sensitivity of less than 24. And they expect it to improve with future firmware revisions.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
And I just got a follow up regarding the 640 sidekick helmet mount. Currently it has a sensitivity of less than 24. And they expect it to improve with future firmware revisions.
I wonder how the 640/320 Sidekick's compare to NOX35...

Currently it has a sensitivity of less than 24. And they expect it to improve with future firmware revisions.
Now that would be the shit for sure. :)

The Phoenix might be fixing to arise. One can at least hope at this stage.

I found the below statement/specs on a couple January 2023 product releases.

1678376744517.png

Reactions: WhereNow&How