• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Armasight Spark CORE Night Vision Monocular

Re: Armasight Spark CORE Night Vision Monocular

They are relatively new as far as I can see and can't find anyone with one. I went through the dreaded cycle of gen 1 is enough then no I need gen 2, but if I am going to pay for gen 2 I should just get gen 3.

I looked at the spark then decided I wanted something with over light protection and looked at the sirius but then spending what I was going to spend on that I just decided on a gen 3 6015.

The spark sounds good but its just too high of a price for a gen 1 when you can find decent gen 2 for double the price. Part of me wonders if it sounds too good to be true. I still have not found anyone that has wanted to be a guinea pig and try any lower end armasight optics.

Re: Armasight Spark CORE Night Vision Monocular

My guess it is a commercial gen 1 unit in a nice housing. I would not spend my money on it and think it is over priced by about double what it is work. A commerercial gen 1 unit is a very poor performer and you will not be happy with it. Do not confuse it with a mil-spec gen 1 unit which usually has 3 gen 1 tubes stacked on top of each other, amplifiying the light from the one in front. The commercial gen 1 has a single tube it in that isn't very good to begin with. There is a reason it retails for $450 while a gen 3 PVS-14 is $3500. The commercial gen 1 I had was barely more effective than my bare eyes when acclimated to the darkness. An IR illuminator is not only needed, but it doesn't do alot for it.

If you want to explore a cheap NV, take a look at the GenX digital monocular which is $150 or so. It performs about the same and is worth the money you pay.

You really need to look at a gen 2 unit to get a usable unit. A gen 1 will allow you to see shapes. A gen 2 unit will allow you see what the shape is. A gen 3 unit will allow you to ID not only what the shape is, but the fine details on it. On a full moon night, a gen 2 unit will perform closely to a gen 3 unit. But when there is no moon or you are in the woods, gen 3 really shines.