• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Armed Robbery with a Black Powder Pistol

Ronws

first class brisket smoker
Minuteman
  • Oct 18, 2021
    Texas

This is in my area. In fact, I have been several times to the Black Beard Armory and Range in Sherman, Texas. So, that guy is a true expert. He looked at the video of a bank robber and surmised the guy is carrying a black powder pistol. So, yeah, the robber will probably get away in unless he gets involved in a shoot-out. That reload is time-consuming.

In Texas and Oklahoma, a black powder weapon is not considered a firearm. My friend, John, who hunted all of his life in Oklahoma used a black powder muzzleloader rifle and smelt his own .50 cal lead balls. The reason was precisely because the rifle was not considered a "firearm."

So, mayby this robber thinks punishment will not be as swift. But it can be. It doesn't matter if you aim a toy pistol, it is a threat and it counts.

Gotta find a reason to start controlling BP now as well. More and more will show up and “force” big brothers hand to control them as well

Reactions: Ronws
    Gotta find a reason to start controlling BP now as well. More and more will show up and “force” big brothers hand to control them as well
    Sad thing is that could happen. In London, England (as opposed to London, Texas,) Mayor Khan "banned" steak knives after a number of people were injured and killed in several stabbing incidents.

Sad thing is that could happen. In London, England (as opposed to London, Texas,) Mayor Khan "banned" steak knives after a number of people were injured and killed in several stabbing incidents.

mg3j3gg7zrq01.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me. The .gov is all about controlling the shit out of unlikely events. Did you see where they're proposing that the eastern coast will have a 10knot speed limit for boats over 35ft long for up to 100 miles from the shore? Why you ask, to protect a whale, where there have only been 4 reported instances of boats striking the whale. I already was buckling up for a wave of dumb shit when the potato in chief took office, but holy shit, they've far exceeded my expectations of dumb shit, and we still have a couple years left of this worthless dumb fuck of a administration.

Branden

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    I'm really into blackpowder firearms right now. Got my muzzleloader that i've been shooting a lot lately, cap and ball revolver that seems like a viable tool for robbing banks with now, and a side by side coach gun with exposed hammers. Even the shotgun i'm loading with blackpowder shotshells and hunting with 'em.

Branden

Based

Channeling his inner Jesse James to hit back at the small hats.

The lost cause of the Confederacy lives on in bank robbers across the nation.

To a CCW armed person or security guard in the bank, that is still a threat, loaded or not, so if an armed person had been there, he would have been deaded and the shooter fully justified in taking him down.

Black powder pistols turn up a lot during arrests of thieving rings and addicts who burglarize homes and steal firearms. Every haul of a major gun and car stealing ring always turns up a few black powder guns as well, like that gang member in Nevada in the other thread. Gang members pick out the guns they want and keep them, and everything else gets sold on the street or to other chapters of the gang elsewhere. Drug addicts look to sell anything to get money for their next fix, and when they come upon a black powder revolver while doing a burglary or a snatch and run from an unattended vehicle/garage etc., which the vast majority of them have no clue how to operate so have no interest in carrying it for protection, will sell them very quickly, to other addicts and shady people they encounter. A few of these rocket scientists, when desperate enough, will use them to rob people, even if they are empty or loaded improperly, with entirely wrong ammo and unshootable.

Granted, a black powder pistol or rifle will make you just as dead as any regular firearm. And this bank robber may wake up dead one day from pulling that stunt one too many times.