• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Armorally.com = great business ethics!

TriggerHappyEddy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2020
Thanks to the help of this forum and its members I am finally underway of building my first SPR style AR-15. I am a proud American and I love my guns. After recently making a purchase with the website armorally.com I am highly impressed with them and deemed it necessary to show my appreciation via this post.

I have great appreciation for well run businesses, especially considering it is a combat veteran-owned business. Trouble started when I ordered my upper and lower receiver, handguard, and BCG. I had asked my local FFL dealer to email their FFL license multiple times because Arm or Ally had not received it after two weeks. My local FFL dealer insisted they did everything right on their end. Each time I emailed Arm or Ally they were professional and polite in trying to get the issue resolved.

Well after contacting the owner of my local FFL dealers business I come to find out the employee working was doing something wrong and thus the reason why the FFL license was not going through to Arm or Ally. When Arm or Ally finally received their FFL license they emailed me and informed me the Nib BCG I ordered was out of stock and offered to upgrade to a DLC BCG, which I happily excepted. I just couldn't believe the professionalism and business ethics that I witnessed, especially considering they did their part right and it was my local FFL dealer who made the mistake. Combat veteran-owned and glorious American business ethics you can bet your butt I will be using ArmorAlly.com for all my future builds!

Ps. Worth noting I am in no way affiliated with ArmorAlly I just appreciate well run American businesses.

Reactions: Qazwsx and Pbgt
Well I hate to say it and I am quiet embarrassed but i counted my chickens before they hatched. I made the above post on the way home from my ffl dealer due in part to the company upgrading my BCG as well as my feeling guilty for a rude email I sent the company. My rude email consisted of me pointing out that there are a ton of unemployed people currently looking for employment due to (COVID-19) if they are short handed simply hire help. Considering they have no customer service phone number or anyway to reach them besides when they deem it necessary to respond to emails.

I checked out my lower as my ffl dealer was bs'ing with me and it appeared to be in perfect condition. When I got home I realized that there was a pit on the one side I didnt inspect as closely. There was a 1/8 inch diameter hole in the finish where you could see the aluminum.

I was quiet pissed and sent a email simply asking how this could have made it through quality control. I got a genetic email back stating that it is my responsibility to FULLY inspect my product before signing off on the ffl transfer. Obviously I looked it over and did not notice it. I am to blame, I know. However, all i wanted was for them to admit that they made a mistake by letting this get to a customer. Instead they insisted on it happening during shipping or by some other means; they had a note saying it was inspected before being sent! Well the thing is the box is in PERFECT condition, not so much as a scratch on it. They have yet to give me an explanation how this could have happened.

I conceded and told them I could possibly just use it on a 'beater' build in the future because this was not worthy for my ~$2,000 SPR build. I even apologized for any rude emails I sent, saying I simply expect quality product/effort for my hard earned money. They then offered to give me a discount on a new lower being it was the only solution. I was open and excited to this idea and asked what kind of discount they could offer. Well the 'discount' turned out being around $7 less than what I had originally paid. Not worth it in the slightest. I am kind of blown away they only offered a discount like that after spending $800 on their company. I know it is in part my fault for not completely inspecting a brand new lower before signing the ffl transfer. They could have at least offered me an acceptable discount considering I was willing to spend more money with their company even after the whole fiasco.

Just curious, how did you pick Arm or Ally to order from?
Did they refuse to allow you to return the gun despite advertising a "30 Day Return" policy?
I did notice there was not a customer service phone number, which is almost always a no go for me.

I was looking at four different websites and within a week three of the four sites were out of stock of the parts I wanted. So i went with Armorally, they sent a discount to my email because they saw I had items in my cart. Was a slick strategy to get customers even though it was only 5 bucks off.

They told me they do not accept returns on lowers, once I signed the transfer I was stating I was satisfied with the conditions of the lower. I am fairly certain this was retaliation for me telling them how to run their business. I dont believe in coincidence and what are the chances that I got sent a lower with a defect after getting in an argument with the owner... I guess what they say is true karma is a b****...

Yes I could cerocote it but that requires me to ship out my brand new gun. I dont know much about cerocote but maybe that will be a future option. Does a cerocote finish fill in gouges or pits? Because this is a pit and I tried using BC aluminum black but the hole is already oxidized and isn't blackening very well, I believe that means the hole has been there for a while...long before it left armorally's company.