• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Arms 22 rings

treypd

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2011
NE ARKANSAS
please move this if it doesen't belong. I am purchasing a trijicon accupoint 3x9 1 inch tube. I have a guy wanting to sell me some slightly used arms 22 qd rings for $60 (good deal I think) but they are for 30mm tubes. which brings me to the question should I buy the inserts that go with the arms mounts or do you have a better recomendation for some 1 inch rings.

Re: Arms 22 rings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treypd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please move this if it doesen't belong. I am purchasing a trijicon accupoint 3x9 1 inch tube. I have a guy wanting to sell me some slightly used arms 22 qd rings for $60 (good deal I think) but they are for 30mm tubes. which brings me to the question should I buy the inserts that go with the arms mounts or do you have a better recomendation for some 1 inch rings. </div></div>
ARMS Mounts and Rings are dogshit. Do you really <span style="font-style: italic">need</span> QD rings? If so, I think you're better off with Leupold QRWs'. If the QD feature isn't important I would go with Leupold PRWs'.

BTW, this should be in the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Sniper's Hide Rimfire Section"</span></span>. Instead of relying on a Moderator to move the post, you can also highligh and copy your post, delete it, then post it in the appropriate section.

Keith

The leupolds arent actually that good either, apparently. PITA to install and scratch the finish.

Ended up buying the Warne Maxima QD rings, which unlike the other two I didn't hear a lot of crap about.

I also agree with Aries, only get the QD if you really need that feature. I do, sadly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treypd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please move this if it doesen't belong. I am purchasing a trijicon accupoint 3x9 1 inch tube. I have a guy wanting to sell me some slightly used arms 22 qd rings for $60 (good deal I think) but they are for 30mm tubes. which brings me to the question should I buy the inserts that go with the arms mounts or do you have a better recomendation for some 1 inch rings. </div></div>
ARMS Mounts and Rings are dogshit. Do you really <span style="font-style: italic">need</span> QD rings? If so, I think you're better off with Leupold QRWs'. If the QD feature isn't important I would go with Leupold PRWs'.

BTW, this should be in the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Sniper's Hide Rimfire Section"</span></span>. Instead of relying on a Moderator to move the post, you can also highligh and copy your post, delete it, then post it in the
appropriate section.

Keith</div></div>

Are A.R.M.S. really that bad? I have a pair i guess i got just for build sake for my SPR and i haven't noticed anything that stands out as a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treypd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please move this if it doesen't belong. I am purchasing a trijicon accupoint 3x9 1 inch tube. I have a guy wanting to sell me some slightly used arms 22 qd rings for $60 (good deal I think) but they are for 30mm tubes. which brings me to the question should I buy the inserts that go with the arms mounts or do you have a better recomendation for some 1 inch rings. </div></div>

BTW, this should be in the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Sniper's Hide Rimfire Section"</span></span>. Instead of relying on a Moderator to move the post, you can also highligh and copy your post, delete it, then post it in the
appropriate section.

Keith</div></div>

Are A.R.M.S. really that bad? I have a pair i guess i got just for build sake for my SPR and i haven't noticed anything that stands out as a problem. </div></div>
As I stated in my reply to <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">treypd</span></span> (the OP), <span style="font-style: italic">"ARMS Mounts and Rings are dogshit."</span> I say this because when ARMS mounts and rings are compared side-by-side against Larue, ADM, or other quality manufacturers' products the difference in construction, finish, and OAL QC is readily apparent. In my experience ARMS Mounts are rather flimsy. What other manufacturer's mounts and/or rings did you compare side-by-side to ARMS before you made your purchase? If you haven't had other manufacturer's equipment in-hand than you have no basis for comparison, do you?

Also, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">treypd</span></span> was offered what he thinks is a good deal on some 30mm ARMS #22 QD Rings, but his scope has a 1" tube so he'll need 30mm-to-1" reducers/spacers. If <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">treypd</span></span> buys ARMS reducers/spacers at $35.00 (before shipping) his investment goes to at least $95.00. The ARMS #22 QD Rings are $119.00 new. So <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">treypd</span></span>'s supposed "good deal" is less of a good deal than he thinks on so-so quality rings. I think it would be unfortunate if <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">treypd</span></span> bought some rings because he perceives them as a good deal that really isn't.

Keith

Think for all the goOd info. It's going on a m1a in a vltor stock so I kinda need the quick release in case SHTF.

Btw not sure why it would go in rimfire section

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treypd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think for all the goOd info. It's going on a m1a in a vltor stock so I kinda need the quick release in case SHTF.</div></div>
Fair enough, you do want the QD feature then. Personally, I would buy either Leupold QRW or Warne Tactical QD rings. What good are rings - QD or not, that are known to have QC issues? Especially for a SHTF gun?

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">**Case-in-point, and a perfect example of what I'm talking about**</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treypd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Btw not sure why it would go in rimfire section </div></div>
Finally. The answer is because Sniper's Hide doesn't have an <span style="font-style: italic">"Airsoft"</span> Section.
wink.gif

Keith