• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army ditching 308 win?

Re: Army ditching 308 win?

300,000 rounds pre-positioned in Kuwait for non-SF use (as well as the original 1,000 rounds per SDM-R).

Once 3rd ID went home after their 2005 and 2008 rotations it is available for any other unit to request for issue.

Mark 262 5.56mm LR DODAC AA53.

Is there any difference between the Mod 0 and Mod 1? I could have sworn that the box I had this time said Mod 1 on it but I'm not sure since I junked it as soon as I unloaded it.

Not really. Mod 1 has slight crenellation grooves cut into the jacket -- not really deep enough for a tight cannelure crimp -- and the case mouths are supposed to have a crimp and asphalt tar in the neck to waterproof the bullet/case mouth seal.

Original match "Mod 0" doesn't mess with that jackassery, thought by those who demanded it a requirement because of repeated chambering and clearing the same round over and over again, and the risk for a round setback during full automatic fire.

Mod 1 does not shoot as tight as Mod 0/Match, but it's not so big a difference as you'd notice.

not sure if this has been answered already but has anyone got the new 'recipe' for the militaries new .300 WM round?