• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Army Special Forces Hell Week

Re: Army Special Forces Hell Week

You ever watched Two Weeks In Hell all the way through? It was pretty damn good. I've seen it about 3 times start-to-finish. I tried to make my mom sit down and watch it with me but she threw a fit when the Instructors made the guys put their own vomit in their pockets. (I didn't mind, although I'm not sure WHY they do it, lol.)

Anyway, if you like this check out Navy SEALs: BUDS Class 234, a mini-series also on Discovery. And if you go on Youtube and look up "BenningTV" they have a 9 part documentary on Ranger School, also a pretty intense watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Instructors made the guys put their own vomit in their pockets. (I didn't mind, although I'm not sure WHY they do it, lol.)</div></div>

I always wondered why they do that too. Takes some one "special" or determined to do that.

Besides the obvious discipline of it, one of the major things is that unless cover is blown you carry EVERYTHING out or bury it...

You can learn a lot from vomit, gross as it is....

Probably discipline only though...

Yeah watch the Discovery/History channel portion - that'll definitely make you think twice about SF..

"Not for everyone candidate, not for everyone"... You got to give it to folks who choose to do this to themselves.

I was in a reserve special forces company (no I'm not flash qualified, the company was disbanned before I could get a school date).

About 1975 or so we were working with a Seal Team and during the stand down they showed a movie of their training. After the movie was over, the Chief ask us what we thought. Wise ass me, says "its a good thing they got rid of the draft, cause you guys haven't been in the service yet"..............I didnt think I was gonna get out of there alive. Those dudes are touchy.