• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arrow rest for recurve fishing bow.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2014
Colorado
Has anyone here ever used a whisker biscuit rest on a fishing bow? I hate the roller rest on mine. It destroys fletching. I don't like the the way arrows shoot with out fletching. Especially when I just want to go out back and shoot my recurve with regular arrows.

Long time hunter and shooter of recurves and trads here... Whiskers are known for disrupting fletching and might even damage them too. Known a few times guys had to do minor repairs on their fletchings after shooting several times through whiskers. Honestly depends on the type of fletching you are using. Feathers, both natural and imitation plastic, have more nooks and crannies that can get caught on any type of rest when being shot. The smooth, single piece "batwing" types tend to hold up to heavy use and battering more, as long as nothing sharp cuts them...

Have you thought about investing in a .50 caliber airgun that shoots air bolts? Imagine the accuracy of a crossbow with a velocity of 500+ FPS. My buddies down in swampville LA down in the South who spear hunt frogs have all switched to them.

I've not had any issues with a whisker biscuit damaging fetching (plastic vanes through compound). I would be a little worried if it would work well with a heavy fishing arrow. My recurve is just used for target shooting in the yard. I use my old indoor arrows off the shelf with moleskin. 2512, 145gr tip, 5" feathers. 1980's bow with 1990's arrows FTW.

I didn't think about the arrow being too heavy for the rest to support it. My compound has a fall away rest, but I have never fished with it. I did that stupid thing where I buy it and then ask, so I will find out. I wish i had my bow with me today because the crappie were tight lipped this morning. I saw some big carp that could have at least brought some excitement, and maybe made some dog food, or fertilizer.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot