• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

As a gun owner is it better to live in WA or OR?

Portland & Seattle area .( my guess, living in OR.) .. probably OR. slightly better getting CC permit and LE sigh-offs for waiting in-line on batf items .
But, Portland is doing is best to compete and be equal to California's Sodom by the Bay, and Seattle .
Washington is lower on your property tax's.over OR. for sure . but No sales tax in OR.

Reactions: 1J04
Portland & Seattle area .( my guess, living in OR.) .. probably OR. slightly better getting CC permit and LE sigh-offs for waiting in-line on batf items .
But, Portland is doing is best to compete and be equal to California's Sodom by the Bay, and Seattle .
Washington is lower on your property tax's.over OR. for sure . but No sales tax in OR.

Do you guys have a local prc and matches?

Living on the boarder and having a license in both states and dealing with the insane people in Portland I would recommend Washington myself. The state police in Oregon are "in my opinion" quite aggressive about guns in your vehicle even if they are legal and you are completely above board. Upon informing them that I had legal firearms arms in my truck and presenting them with my licenses I had a Glock pointed at my head. They have gone through my truck twice without cause, I just let them and was polite knowing that I was correct in what I was doing. Guilty until proven innocent.

not sure if the laws are any better or worst compared to each other but the level of anti gun is pretty high around Portland or Seattle. The central and eastern parts of both states are good to go.

i live in Washington and won't move to Oregon at all. Most of the people that I know that lived in Oregon ending up relocation to Washington but like I said we live on the boarder. State income tax in Oregon verses none in Washington.

I'm biased without a doubt. I'll take Washington over Oregon but you're gonna find in either's bigger cities lunatics I can't tolerate. I'm in a completely different world, believe me. Small, and I mean small town USA. I left city life and all the BS long long ago and never looked back. Went basically back to my roots of small town life. I am not schooled in all the ins n outs of which State may be better regarding 2A friendly. It's just not my deal. We pretty much do whatever the hell we want as long as a coroner isn't involved and it's all good. Every swinging dick around here has at least 20 or more weapons and we hear them damn near every day, and it's fine with EVERYBODY. If you're gonna be in Portland I'd say look into the Camas area, Vancouver isn't my cup of tea.

If I said what's really on my mind it wouldn't be career enhancing, so I'll leave it at "I wish I had more in depth info for ya regarding your move". I'm not all caught up in the shit, and don't wanna be. I think you'll be fine on either side of the river, just don't hang a gun rack in your truck like back in the day. City punks aren't smart enough to know you get rewarded with "another" mandatory felony for swiping a firearm. In the "populated" areas I wouldn't advertise I'm a gunaholic in either State.

I live in Portland metro and plan on retiring to E Washington.

If you have to work in Portland then I would live in Oregon. Crossing the 2 bridges I-5 or I-205 to commute during business hours is retarded. The traffic is horrible, and getting worse with all the people moving here. Check the stats for people moving here. You will pay about 10% income tax living in Oregon or if you live in WA and commute into OR you will pay tax everyday you work in Oregon (days worked in OR/365*.1).

I would not live in Portland proper or anywhere in Multnomah county. If you work downtown look to Clackamas county or Washington county. If you have kids research the schools.

Many precision rifle matches in the two states mostly in the eastern part of state. Many shooters in Portland metro. Check out http://nwprl.com/

As far as guns go, this is the west. People own guns.

Oregon
Shall issue CC
SBRs and Suppressors

Washington
CC
Suppressors recently allowed and not sure if they allow SBRs (they were working on it)

If you have to work in Portland then I would live in Oregon. Crossing the 2 bridges I-5 or I-205 to commute during business hours is retarded. The traffic is horrible, and getting worse with all the people moving here. Check the stats for people moving here. You will pay about 10% income tax living in Oregon or if you live in WA and commute into OR you will pay tax everyday you work in Oregon (days worked in OR/365*.1).

I would not live in Portland proper or anywhere in Multnomah county. If you work downtown look to Clackamas county or Washington county. If you have kids research the schools.

Many precision rifle matches in the two states mostly in the eastern part of state. Many shooters in Portland metro. Check out [video]http://nwprl.com/[/video]

Oregon
Shall issue CC
SBRs and Suppressors

Washington
CC
Suppressors recently allowed and not sure if they allow SBRs (they were working on it)
SBRs are allowed. They clarified that a couple years back.

If you will be working in Ptld. commutes are horrible. I-5 corridor is extremely liberal. If you have significant income carefully look into tax advantages in WA. State gun laws are relatively comparable. I'm not sure about class III. Ptld area has relatively few ranges and there are waiting lists. Shooting is an approved use on state forest land.

Outside of the corridor, particularly to the east, sentiments are more conservative. So far a little dry but now the good stuff. If hunt and or fish the NW is fucking Nirvana. The first Steelhead you catch will create a life long addiction. The first 6x6 bull elk you see will turn your knees to jelly and when you see him he's as likely to be on the side of the road as in deep timber ( OK minor exaggeration, 5x5 by the side of the road). Welcome.

Living on the boarder and having a license in both states and dealing with the insane people in Portland I would recommend Washington myself. The state police in Oregon are "in my opinion" quite aggressive about guns in your vehicle even if they are legal and you are completely above board. Upon informing them that I had legal firearms arms in my truck and presenting them with my licenses I had a Glock pointed at my head. They have gone through my truck twice without cause, I just let them and was polite knowing that I was correct in what I was doing. Guilty until proven innocent.

not sure if the laws are any better or worst compared to each other but the level of anti gun is pretty high around Portland or Seattle. The central and eastern parts of both states are good to go.

i live in Washington and won't move to Oregon at all. Most of the people that I know that lived in Oregon ending up relocation to Washington but like I said we live on the boarder. State income tax in Oregon verses none in Washington.

No police officer is searching my vehicle without a warrant, or probable cause of illegal activity. Doesn't matter the state I'm in, or if I'm a resident or not.

Reactions: abizdafuzz

Many precision rifle matches in the two states mostly in the eastern part of state. Many shooters in Portland metro. Check out http://nwprl.com/

Oregon
Shall issue CC
SBRs and Suppressors

Washington
CC

I thought you were going to move to Klamath Falls and get some land so we can shoot squirrels everyday?

Thanks guys we are just a typical militiary family with conservative values looking for good schools away from the city. Will be working in Portland

Well hit me up when you get settled and I'll have you out to shoot at my range once all the targets reappear, have plenty of steel out to 1050. East of pdx about 50 minutes across from hood river.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
As stated above the commute would be horrible. My father used to live in Oregon City and is now moved to Medford, but I can tell you for sure that the vibe in Oregon and in Washington is starting to go strongly to the left so don't be surprised if you're cherished firearms and accessories end up on the banned list for Oregon and Washington..