• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

as for the next ROUND4 semi-auto shootout thread

elfster1234

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2012
    www.youtube.com
    well gang... I think I've had my fill of running these shootout threads for 2years plus and it is time for me to pass on the torch.. I'm talking to moboost right now (he took over the bolt action shootout threads) to see if he is game for taking over the semi-auto version and he has a really cool way of measuring the targets for you! so give it some time and I'll see if moboost will run the semi-auto shootout thread also. I just didn't want to leave some of you that enjoy the shootout threads in the dark.

Bro, thanks for running the last couple years. This has been fun being involved in these.

Sean

My feelings exactly. These challenges have been loads of fun. Since I began shooting them I've gone from zero to shooting Master in F-T/R
    NRA high power matches. That's due in no small part to the demands of shooting consecutive consistent groups required to make the boards
    in elfster's contests. Thanks for setting them up! And thanks to all the participants for great sportsmanship.

Last edited:
    You guys should have coordinated it with me a bit, if you standardize it some I will offer up patches to the top shooters, also I can work out a DVD maybe a shirt here and ere.

But we can do something to support the effort. Let me know.

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
    Bro, thats awesome! Ill let moboost know when he takes over. Ive already talked to him and he is cool about taking over the semi auto section also. He has free control to change things also. Its his show now.

You guys should have coordinated it with me a bit, if you standardize it some I will offer up patches to the top shooters, also I can work out a DVD maybe a shirt here and ere.

But we can do something to support the effort. Let me know.

In as well. Anyone in the MD/PA/WV area interested in getting together for a range day to do it?

here are my rules from facebook if someone wants to start it here... i would 100% do it myself here on the HIDE as i do consider the HIDE my true home if i already wasn't running one on FB and dealing with this cancer BS... if someone wants to take the torch,,,, then here are the rules i'm using with the new bulls-eye bonus feature so you can improve your score while also trying to go for accuracy rather than slinging lead down range for little groups = makes it more fun and easy for all to participate and use non-standardized targets.. I score each target uploaded with on target software.. rules explained below with the new bulls feature (which is actually NOT easy and i've only seen 3 people do it so far) for both tiny groups and going for accuracy at both 100 and 300 yards :)

Just to make this easy for everyone especially for those not familiar with minutes of angle. All scoring will be done in inches per hundred yards (IPHY) rather than minutes of angle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA2PZBD5Tjg

BULLSEYE BONUS EXPLAINED (both semi & bolt): Gaining the bullseye bonus will take .075" off your score @ 100yards & .225" off your score @ 300yards. IF you want to go for the bullseye bonus, then you MUST have a DISTINCTIVE DEAD CENTER spot to your 6 individual x 5shot groups point of aim so I can measure off that bullseye center to the outer most edge of your furthest single bullet hole out of the 30 total bullet holes (I will determine which group out of the 6groups has the furthest bullet hole from center IF they qualify for the bonus). To qualify for this bonus, no single bullet's outer most edge can be further than .75" from center of that group at 100yards (1.5" circle around dead center bulls of that group),,,, and no single bullet's outer most edge can be further than 2.25" from center of that group at 300yards (4.5" circle around dead center bulls of that group).. Might be easy with one single group, but times that by 6 total groups = hard yet obtainable. I might change these requirements if needed, but for now = good.

From this point moving forward (03/19/16),,, I will score the target for you! Just take a super clear, close as possible, looking directly down on the target, NOT at an angle, with a quarter OR ruler in the middle of the target... Include the yardage or meters shot at, and what caliber rifle...

Please keep posted info closely related to the group subject matter. Non 6x5 targets will be deleted.

1.) One target only at 100 / 300yards depending on which class you're going for.

2.) All shot in a row, 6groups at 5shots each, no more no less than 30 bullet holes or your target will not count!

3.) From this point moving forward (03/19/16),,, I will score the target for you! Just take a super clear, close as possible, looking directly down on the target, NOT at an angle, with a quarter OR ruler in the middle of the target... Include the yardage shot at, and what caliber rifle...

4.) take a family member or friend with you! you can both use the same rifle! this closed group is all about having fun with family and friends, while also promoting and spreading knowledge of our 2nd amendment rights! please be respectful of other's posts.

5.) Please be honest on the 100yards OR 300yards!

6.) Target size can be any size paper, but your one single target must have 6 distinguishable groups @ 5shots each... no more, no less than 30 total bullet holes. IF YOU GO FOR THE BULLSEYE BONUS, then you MUST HAVE a distinctive center to your 6 individual bullseyes on your single target!!

7.) Please post pic and info of rifle used! feel free to add more info of ammo used, shooting conditions, blah blah blah..

8.) this is all in good fun, so once again be honest!! Please, don't make me call BS!!

9.) No gun vises allowed! No rests / adjustable rests allowed! No f-class bipods allowed! You can have sand bag rear & front. You can have bipod (Harris / atlas style bipods) & rear sandbag. Rear monopods allowed with a bipod front.

10.) you can take as many cold bore / sighter / fouler shots on another target prior to shooting this challenge, but once you start shooting at your entry target it is game on!! your one single target CAN ONLY HAVE 6groups at 5shots each = 30 total bullet holes! no more, no less!! NO SUCH THING as "sighters" or "fliers" in this game!

11.) you can take as much time as you want between shots, and between groups... but your 1 single paper target can ONLY have 6groups at 5shots each = 30 total bullet holes

12.) MUST USE any type of hard / thick paper that will produce a distinctive bullet hole!! do NOT use very thin paper that tears easy! NO SHOOT-N-SEE targets / stickers allowed. CARDBOARD IS NOT ALLOWED...... Thick white paper works the best! I must be able to see the edges of your bullet holes in order to score your target based on the picture of the 6x5 target you upload. If my software can NOT make out the edge of your bullet hole = doesn't count.... Starting as of 12/27/16!!

13.) semi-autos, bolt-actions, single shots, 50bmg to .22lr... its all good...

Last edited: