• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury International TACT3 tripods, pics added

huntler

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
It's been a long time coming, but APO finally is letting dealers sell their beloved TACT3 tripods as well as other "must have goodies" like the SABER stocks. Not all items are for sale and I'm not sure of the lead time either. The tripods are what I think most people here will want, so we can start there. I should have them listed on the website by the end of the week. For now it is a special order item until we have some in inventory. The two most popular tripods are the TACT3 GP and GPx, the only difference being the GPx has the leveling gimbal. Until these are on the modarmory website you can order through here via PM or Email.

600‐41V‐0005‐00 GP Standard $617.63
600‐41V‐0004‐00 GPx Standard with optional Terrain Leveling Gimbal $810.86

Unfortunately there is no possibility of a group buy, this is not my decision but rather the rules of the game. I will cover the cost of insured shipping. Mind you: that is NOT a discount but rather a general promotion from MODArmory.
smile.gif

Items are listed on the site now and are in stock at Ashbury so it should be less than 2 weeks to your door.

Hunter

Re: Ashbury International TACT3 tripods

If you order a TACT3 from Hunter, you might think about getting a spare detachable mounting plate for another $55 with it (in case you lose one or have two optics that you want to use on the Ashbury).

Here's an image of the gimballed TACT3 tripod, it's at the lowest height. A single knob loosens and tightens the gimball (the knob is hidden behind the column in the picture).

Ashbury-ZeissSpotter60004.jpg

HOLY SHIT for a tripod.......... Its bad ass but really $600. I would love one but too rich for my pocket.

how much for the saber? very interested in it, please pm me some info.

Ron, thanks for posting a picture. The spotter 60 looks great!!

UKDave28, I hear ya, and I won't try to make it sound cheap but keep this in mind, when buying gear that is used by the Military we must pay (at minimum) what they pay. There is much more that goes into the pricing of these kinds of items than just the cost of manufacturing. I think the pricing while high in dollar amount is actually reasonable for what you are getting compared to the other products available for this application. Now that’s not to say there aren’t far less expensive tripods that will work just fine.

I have seen and monkeyed around with, but not used the Ashbury tripods. They are NOT for the faint of wallet, but they are damn nice tripods for anyone who is doing serious ovservation work or work in which a LOT more is at stake than being able to spot bullet holes at 100yds on the range!!!

If I had more funds or was deploying with a tripod...I'd get the Ashbury with the leveling Gimbal without a second though and wouldn't look back!!!

Think it is also non-magnetic so it will not interfere with the compass in the Vectronix Vector or Leica Geovid range finders.

A must for those that need to drop precision munitions
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ron, thanks for posting a picture. The spotter 60 looks great!!

UKDave28, I hear ya, and I won't try to make it sound cheap but keep this in mind, when buying gear that is used by the Military we must pay (at minimum) what they pay. There is much more that goes into the pricing of these kinds of items than just the cost of manufacturing. I think the pricing while high in dollar amount is actually reasonable for what you are getting compared to the other products available for this application. Now that’s not to say there aren’t far less expensive tripods that will work just fine.
</div></div>

I hear yeah.... But i guess I am just at a different place, Don't get me wrong... You get what you pay for and i wish I could pay for one.

These are all pics of the standard GP model. should also point out that the models tha are Amagnetic are the SEL,QEL,S,Q the GP and GPx are not considered Amagnetic.

Price on the TIM is $250

ash13.jpg

ash12.jpg

ash11.jpg

ash10.jpg

ash9.jpg

ash8-1.jpg