• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ashbury rifle

rsilvers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2005
asw338lm_20-weo.jpg

Saw this:

ASHBURY ASW338LM SNIPER RIFLE
Engineered around the versatile .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge, Ashbury’s ASW338LM is based on the combination of a Surgeon XL bolt action receiver and the SABER-FORSST modular stock chassis system. This sniper system enables shots on enemy targets and lightly armored threats out to 1,500 yards. The ASW stock can be folded and extended, while incorporating an adjustable cheek piece and folding monopod. The composite forend includes a monolithic top rail, a thermal heat management system and side rails that are co-bore aligned. Bullets are sent out of a Rock Creek 416 5R Pinnacle barrel with an optional muzzle brake or suppressor system. The manufacturers report sub-MOA accuracy with RUAG target ammunition beyond 1,500 yards.

Re: Ashbury rifle

never is what the owner told me , they are chasing DoD $$

one big pool of money , stated amounts, so they know ahead of time , whats at stake and what they are trying to achieve

and that stock system is probably big bucks , my guess like 3-5,000ish

Go to the Surgeon web site. Preston sells a stock some what like this one, but as rsilvers said Ashbury does not plan on releasing this model to the general public.

OW

AAC will sell the sound suppressor. It is called the Titan-QD. I am the designer of that unit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my guess like 3-5,000ish </div></div>

Try 10+k

Don't take this the wrong way but I have SF's. I do have to admit if I was in the market for a 338 can I would have to buy the Titan. Just love Titanium where applicable. Awesome design!

The Ti was to meet a weight requirement for a specific contract.

The silencer is around $3000. I could be off +- a few hundred.

Pretty pricey; but considering the design parameters and the exotic material involved that should be expected. It's not exactly your run of the mill 7.62 can is it!
grin.gif

The can is all Grade-5 Ti, not the Grade-2 that others use. It is extremely expensive because it is bored from bar and cannot be extruded. But it was made to a performance spec and that is what it took. Most silencers have a $15 tube. This is more like a $400 tube.

I love the QD Titan that we are running on our SRS, it's definitely the best can on the planet right now, but it is outlandishly expensive, you have to pay $3200 for the can plus another $300 for the muzzlebreak it attaches to.

We would like it to be less expensive. It just costs a lot to make due to what it took to have the best performance in order to be selected for the contracts.

I just finished the article for Harris on the system. The Mod 0 stock, which omits the unitized top rail WILL be available for civilian purchase. There are still a couple final tweaks being made to reduce weight, that will be complete before the end of the month. I still have the 27" gun here for further testing.

The stock will be made for the TRG-42, Surgeon XL, Remington 700's and Badger 2008 actions.