• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Asian carp videos

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Minuteman
  • May 8, 2009
    SW TN
    I dont know how many of yall have to deal with these pieces of shit, but we do. The preferred way to "harvest" them around here is with a shotgun and dove loads....not that I condone that because its been deemed "illegal" by the game and fish....but I digress.

Enjoy.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hN2gMP3Q2Z4&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hN2gMP3Q2Z4&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yhfd9dIkXEk&feature=email"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yhfd9dIkXEk&feature=email" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Asian carp videos

Funny as hell, but how long before one of them lands in the ER with puncture wounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny as hell, but how long before one of them lands in the ER with puncture wounds. </div></div>

Yeah I laughed my ass off, but I was thinking the same thing. There's no way in hell I would attempt any of that ignorance, not even in my younger days fueled by alcohol.

I was laughing the entire time. Better than most movies on netflix!

Some body should follow right behind these guys with an air boat without the prop guard.....you might actually make a dent in the population.

thinking that would be a good replacement for skeet shooting

section off a part of the lake, send one boat at a time.

would help get nutriants back into the water too!!
    Just bring a rain coat and a face shield

do they make lead free bb's for shot guns?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubXerO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do they make lead free bb's for shot guns? </div></div>
    Yes, lots of them. If it's an invasive species, I see no reason not to blast the living shit out of them with some HIGH POWER steel shot.

You couldn't kill em fast enough.

I'm sure the laws haven't caught up with the problem yet, I'm trying to picture that conversation with the game warden...
    "Well officer, I'm using steel shot, and there's nothing in the hunting or fishing booklets about NOT being able to shoot carp..."
    haha what would he ticket you for?

Sidenote...if there is anyone who actually does know the laws about it, please share!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sidenote...if there is anyone who actually does know the laws about it, please share! </div></div>

OP said it was recently deemed illegal, but besides that, not sure.

I know in SD, about 10 years ago with lots of flooding of farmland, land owners were given permission to ride through their own corn fields shooting carp with the shotgun. Extenuating circumstances...but it was fun to see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    OP said it was recently deemed illegal, but besides that, not sure.
    </div></div>
    Dove loads, yes, because it's lead shot. But if you used steel like required for ducks and geese...?

Not all dove loads are lead and some places actually require non-toxic shot.

Tons of them here. Shot two boxes of shells one afternoon. Alot of fun.

dundee.jpg

My 4 year old daughter and I just watched these vids and we both laughed our butts off. She asked why they weren't shooting them. She makes me so proud.

Those are great vids. A friend of mine runs bank poles by chandlerville on the illinios. The have gotten into the habit of taking helmets just in case.