• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ASR Mount Stuck in Omega

YotaEer

Montani Semper Liberi
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh
I’m attempting to swap everything over to the area 419 hellfire system. I have an older omega 300 that I used the ASR system on/in for years. I can’t seem to the asr Mount itself out of the omega.

Reached out to SICO and they recommended a ballistol soak, heat or “substantial force”. All of which I’ve tried and it’s not budging.

Any advice other than sending it into them to work on? I don’t want to damage the Mount or can, obviously

How are you holding the can to try to get it out?

Tried holding the Mount side in a vise and twisting the can portion off.

I haven’t tried holding the suppressor in the vise and twisting the Mount off yet. Concerned I’ll damage the can.

Tried holding the Mount side in a vise and twisting the can portion off.

I haven’t tried holding the suppressor in the vise and twisting the Mount off yet. Concerned I’ll damage the can.

Doubt you're going to get it off by doing that. You need to hold the can in a barrel vise that opens large enough for it and then put a wrench on the mount. You're going to need the vise anyway to torque the hellfire adaptor into the can.

Doubt you're going to get it off by doing that. You need to hold the can in a barrel vise that opens large enough for it and then put a wrench on the mount. You're going to need the vise anyway to torque the hellfire adaptor into the can.

I have a viper vise and soft jaws for my bench vise. I’ll have to try that next.

I didn’t need a vise to torque my hellfire Mount into my Rex can. Just did it hard by hand with some blue loctite and it’s been G2G.

Viper vise doesn't open large enough and soft jaws are going to put pressure on two points on the sides instead of holding it around and you risk fucking up your can. Buy an appropriate vise for doing this.

Also blue loctite isn't going to do shit on a suppressor adaptor, that stuff will be pliable after a few rounds. High temp red will work alright on low volume applications. Other than that you need something with a temperature rating over 1000 degrees.

Reactions: YotaEer
FYI, I sent my can in with a direct thread (from SiCo) that was stuck in the Omega... they shipped it back... still stuck.

Try soaking in CLR for a day or two, then apply heat, then apply medium force.

Viper vise doesn't open large enough and soft jaws are going to put pressure on two points on the sides instead of holding it around and you risk fucking up your can. Buy an appropriate vise for doing this.

Also blue loctite isn't going to do shit on a suppressor adaptor, that stuff will be pliable after a few rounds. High temp red will work alright on low volume applications. Other than that you need something with a temperature rating over 1000 degrees.

Yep the viper vise isn’t close to large enough.

As for the blue loctite, just following area 419 directions.

FYI, I sent my can in with a direct thread (from SiCo) that was stuck in the Omega... they shipped it back... still stuck.

Try soaking in CLR for a day or two, then apply heat, then apply medium force.

I’ll try CLR next.

Also going to try putting spanner wrench in vise instead of the can. Have the spanner on the Mount and use a strap on the can itself.

If you hit a brick wall, take it to your rifle builder and have him chuck it up in the lathe and turn it out. No risk of damage that way.

I soaked a can in kroil oil for a week once, that did the trick

This is my next step.

Tried ballistol soak, CLR soak. Heat etc.

It’s currently in the freezer so we will see if that works tomorrow. If not I’ll try the kroil.

This is my next step.

Tried ballistol soak, CLR soak. Heat etc.

It’s currently in the freezer so we will see if that works tomorrow. If not I’ll try the kroil.
I’ve had this problem with my Omega before. I tried the long soak time of mineral spirits and heat per Silencercos recommendation and it didn’t do anything . I ended up putting the suppressor in a vise with rubber covering on the “teeth” of the vice jaws. Then put the spanned wrench on the mount and started tapping the end of the spanned wrench with a hammer to shock and break the carbon buildup inside. Ended up breaking loose with hardly any force of the hammer.

I’ve had this problem with my Omega before. I tried the long soak time of mineral spirits and heat per Silencercos recommendation and it didn’t do anything . I ended up putting the suppressor in a vise with rubber covering on the “teeth” of the vice jaws. Then put the spanned wrench on the mount and started tapping the end of the spanned wrench with a hammer to shock and break the carbon buildup inside. Ended up breaking loose with hardly any force of the hammer.

I tried this after CLR and heating it up but no luck.

Did you put the suppressor in horizontally or vertically? Seemed to get a better grip for me being in there horizontally with more grip from the rubber jaws.

I tried this after CLR and heating it up but no luck.

Did you put the suppressor in horizontally or vertically? Seemed to get a better grip for me being in there horizontally with more grip from the rubber jaws.
Suppressor was in the vise horizontally and I had the spanned wrench vertically in the 12 o’clock position.

Been there done that… pipe jaws, a spanner wrench, and a dead blow should git’r done. Should go without saying but make sure you’re not clamping the jaws where the mount resides in the tube.

You can try heat if you want but it’s likely just carbon locked in there and needs a little encouragement.

I finally got it off

I let the can sit in CLR for a day, freezer overnight, then applied heat to the can itself, being careful not to warm up the frozen Mount. then smacked spanner wrench on Mount with a hammer until it broke loose.

I finally got it off

I let the can sit in CLR for a day, freezer overnight, then applied heat to the can itself, being careful not to warm up the frozen Mount. then smacked spanner wrench on Mount with a hammer until it broke loose.
Nice work!
Glad you got it off.

I have a couple soft pin blocks that crush and grab the cam body real good in a vice. The the spanner on the mount and a 3lb sledge usually takes care of it.

Try not to go more than 500 without breaking it loose to make maintenance easy. You can take the entire outer sleeve off and just dip the entire core in clr for the easiest clean.

I have a couple soft pin blocks that crush and grab the cam body real good in a vice. The the spanner on the mount and a 3lb sledge usually takes care of it.

Try not to go more than 500 without breaking it loose to make maintenance easy. You can take the entire outer sleeve off and just dip the entire core in clr for the easiest clean.

I’m hoping that switching to the area 419 system and the combo of wrench flats and taper design will make it easier next time around.

I hadn’t touched this ASR Mount since I got the omega a couple years ago. It was my only can at the time, so many thousands of rounds on this Mount without removal.

Reactions: spife7980