• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATA Arms ALR Review

AbuSnyper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2024
ATL
I bought the ATA ALR with a 20" barrel in 6.5CM, it's definitely a lesser known rifle but I got it with the intended use of just dabbling in long range shooting as I had 0 experience prior and saw a good deal with it online. Figured since there aren't many written reviews on it, I'd post some info here if any future buyer wanted someone else's experience with it

IMG_7607.png

Trigger: It has an adjustable trigger from 1.5 to 3.75 lbs, and the trigger break is CRISP. No creep at all.

Bolt: buttery smooth one-piece three-lugged fluted bolt with 60-degree throw

Barrel: Your standard CHF (I believe) barrel. From what I've seen it's a bit thinner than a Bergara B-14 HMR (0.78" for ALR, 0.85" for Bergara HMR in 6.5CM at the muzzle end). It's got a nice muzzle brake that I'm assuming helps a ton with recoil, as the felt recoil is very minimal compared to other 6.5cm rifles I've shot.

The chassis it comes with has a fully adjustable stock, with 3 picatinny rails (scope side, forend, and rear)

Precision: their website claims a "5 shot sub-MOA guarantee with "Premium Factory Ammunition"". ). I haven't gotten too deep into which factory ammo it likes best, but it seems to hold up to what it claims every now and then with just factory ammo

The gold standard 10 shot groups faired pretty well for what it is in my opinion, these are some of the better groups I've gotten with it

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-05 17:12:12.983599.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-09 12:19:21.441452.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-13 16:27:25.647175.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-09 12:48:37.486376.jpeg

I took a long range course with it as well, was able to hit out to the max distance that we shot out to (1335 yards) a couple times.

Overall, I'm glad with the purchase. this will be my hunting rifle moving forward as I train with my PRS/NRL22 rifle to develop more marksmanship and wind calling skills for competitions without training on $2 a round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harman117