• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATACR 1-8 Factory Diopter Setting?

HAMBURGERATTACK

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2019
I got a new ATACR 1-8 this past week and messing with it I have disturbed the factory 20/20 diopter setting before I really knew what I was doing. Is there a way to roughly get this back to factory setting so I can refine it from there? Right now my power zoom ring edge is .6cm from the edge of the edge of the Diopter locking ring.

What the above posters have said. All eyes are different, and there is a noticeable difference in settings between shooters. If the optic is on your rifle, set it up for you. Diopter settings are highly personalized in order to get the correct performance out of the optic as it relates to your own vision.

Who cares what the factory had it set at. Set the diopter to your eye. It's one of the stickied threads.

SO I followed the sticky and got the 8x reticle where it looks very sharp. But on 1x the reticle still seems to blur slightly when I first bring it up to my eye. Think I still have some adjusting to do or is this just norms?

concur w/ all above. It's like asking what the factory zoom setting was. Who cares, you're supposed to change it.

SO I followed the sticky and got the 8x reticle where it looks very sharp. But on 1x the reticle still seems to blur slightly when I first bring it up to my eye. Think I still have some adjusting to do or is this just norms?
Some optics will do that...I'm unsure if the 1-8 ATACR is one of them. Someone will chime in.

Reactions: HAMBURGERATTACK
Some optics will do that...I'm unsure if the 1-8 ATACR is one of them. Someone will chime in.

I really only notice the 1x reticle getting slightly blurry indoors - outdoors in full light i dont seem to notice it. Could just be me.

Most of those are first focal plane and at 1x the reticle should be small/thin enough that you almost don't see it so you focus on the illuminated dot. Is it Second focal plane?