• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Atacr 7-35 reticle choices for prs

Z06pilot

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2017
Usa
I am setting up a mpa 6mm for prs and cant decide on a reticle.

I would probably go with the mil xt, but unfortionatly it is not available on the discount list that I qualify for. That leaves me with:

Mil c

H59

Tremor 3

Also i was planning a 20mpa mount on top of a 20moa rail to give me as much elevation as I can get. Is that going to impact the clarity of the scope?

Mil xt is a great reticle, and one of my favorites for PRS. If that is not an option, I would choose H59. I prefer Xmas tree reticle for PRS and the two are very similar.

Unless your local matches are the exception and have lots of targets over 1000 yards, you will be fine with just the 20 MOA rail.

I am setting up a mpa 6mm for prs and cant decide on a reticle.

I would probably go with the mil xt, but unfortionatly it is not available on the discount list that I qualify for. That leaves me with:

Mil c

H59

Tremor 3

Also i was planning a 20mpa mount on top of a 20moa rail to give me as much elevation as I can get. Is that going to impact the clarity of the scope?
Email Nightforce at [email protected]. They should be able to get you set up. I went with MIL-XT reticle using vet/LE/Mil discount but went with the 5-25.

If you can’t do the Mil-Xt then go for the Mil-C. It’s what I have swapped all my Nightforce scopes to for PRS/NRL use. I have tried the H59 and T3 and and kept the T3 the longest at about 6 months but was happy to trade it for a 7-35 with a Mil-C. With the 7-35 just a 20 MOA rail will be enough, I’d pass on adding another 20 MOA. The 7-35 has more elevation adjustment than advertised and in PRS and NRL use you won’t need any more. And on the Mil-C it’s good enough for if you need it in a pinch to hold over but you’ll find you will dial for your targets the majority of the time.

I will contact NF and see if I can get an XT if not, probably the mil c or the h59.

Is there a downside to having the extra elevation? It would let me shoot to 1760ish, and the scope would be centered around 1350 yds which should give the best posible image. Or, would it compromise the image too much at closer distances?

The Mil C reticle is a outstanding choice. Even though the lines are slightly bigger, You will have no problems even shooting the movers

The Mil C lines are 20% thicker than the Mil XT. Has anyone found the line thickness on the Mil C to be an issue on the 7-35?
Nope. Just about perfect. I run mine mostly at 15 to 20 power and the reticle is perfect in that range and even at 35x I find it acceptable.

Reactions: Class3nfa
The Mil C lines are 20% thicker than the Mil XT. Has anyone found the line thickness on the Mil C to be an issue on the 7-35?
I did not know this. That makes me want the Mil-C more. I thought the Mil-XT lines were too fine to be useable at low mag.

I’m on the east coast and don’t actually use a Christmas tree very often. I’d choose the Mil-C.

I was really leaning towards the atacr. Also considered the razor hd 2 what else did you have in mind? Also is the dot the same size in the center of the mil c and the mil xt?

Last edited:
Reactions: ram
main lines at Mil-C are the same as Mil-XT, both 0.033mils in thickness, info from NF.

I have got their reply at December 2019. Before that I have been compared these two scopes and could not find any diference in main lines thickness from my short observation at shop. Mine scope with Mil-C is S/N AA58xxxA range.

I have a NF print of Atacr 5-25 Mil-C reticle subtensions from their website when 7-35 ATACR was not mentioned there. The reticle main lines are 0.033mils. If you look at their reticle database now, Mil-C has 0.04mils, but there is not written which Atacr is it for (4-16, 5-25, 7-35) ? I doubt it will be the same for all of them. You can compare it to Mil-XT reticle print on their website - there is a chart for each model (4-16 has 0.043mils, 5-25 and 7-35 have 0.033mils).

All I am talking about here are F1 models. SFP models are different.

I am curious, where is the truth now...

Last edited:
So with the mil XT not being an option, it sounds like I would not give up much with the mil C. I like the idea of the h59, but it seems like people with alot more experience than me have moved away from it.

So with the mil XT not being an option, it sounds like I would not give up much with the mil C. I like the idea of the h59, but it seems like people with alot more experience than me have moved away from it.
there's a reason they've moved away

MilC for sure

Following. Interested to know if in fact the lines are thinner on XT. I was worried the lines were too thick as I feel they can be on the milc.

main lines

.033 on the 5-25 and 7-25

Comme on...The whole story about Mil-C reticle thickness is a few different answers received directly from NF. They told me 0.033mils, but they have 7-35 AD on their website with 0.04mils. Or do you believe of all specs they advertised on their site?

Comme on...The whole story about Mil-C reticle thickness is a few different answers received directly from NF. They told me 0.033mils, but they have 7-35 AD on their website with 0.04mils. Or do you believe of all specs they advertised on their site?
idk you tell me. take them both apart and measure?

can you see .007mil?

if you do not care about 0.007mil, I do not understand your interest in this thread...

if you do not care about 0.007mil, I do not understand your interest in this thread...
well the thread is comparing MilC to H59 to T3.

not the maybe possibly .007 difference on the 7-35s between MilXT(which isnt an option for the OP) and MilC

H59 is .055 for reference

I talked to a customer rep last week and she told me it was 0.04 Mil for the Mil C. Ten minutes later she called back and said it was 0.033!
I asked that a engineer confirm which is correct, and she said the person who would confirm was at the Shot show. If they do call back next week, I’ll give an update.