• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ATACR or NXS

Ik took mine out for the first time yesterday, at 25x power the scope can't focus at 100m, you have to turn down magnification.

You run out of parallax adjustment chasing the 25x focus at 100 yards?
Try to get it in focus by adjusting the diopter a little, not so much that the reticle goes out of focus, and see if you can find a "compromise" diopter setting.

I find with some scopes (Steiner 5-25, S&B 5-25 PMII) the reticle does not snap into focus at a particular diopter setting, there is a range of diopter position within which the reticle appears focused. If this is the case with your ATACR, you may find a diopter position where the reticle is in focus AND you can get a 100 yard target in focus at 25x. I call this fine tuning the diopter.

Yes i adjusted the focus so that the reticle is sharp.
I've adjusted parallax the complete range but can't get it sharp at 100m on 25x, can get it sharp at 20m on 5X.
Photograpic deph is also very narrow, you need to adjust parallax contantly with even minor changes in distance.
I don't have these issues with my S&B PM2.
once you adjusted focus (diopter) and didnt get it right then you will sure have that problem..do you wear glasses? Is your vision 20/20?

Lots of great choices. I spent quite a bit of time looking thru NF NXS and ATACR recently. The clarity on the glass on the ATACR won me over.