• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF Charges American FRT Trigger Owner For Illegal Possession Of A Machine Gun

76f2b57876a4519939e5583655b107e3992ec2553e27ccfd51050c6c874b7f69_1.webp

Reactions: camocorvette
All of them would have been legal and no problem if he had just paid the government's required $200 tax on each one...
The government says it's illegal to have them or make them unless you pay the tax and have the tax stamp to prove it.

Oh but wait! They won't let you pay the tax...
So you are a criminal for having something that you didn't pay the taxes on because they refused to let you pay the taxes.

And that is how an end run around the constitution is done.
Get a court and the public to agree to "just some taxes" then make it illegal not to have paid the taxes, then refuse to let folks pay the taxes.

The good folks were all fine with that when it was used as an end run around the constitution to go after "those naughty drugs", but then they didn't quite like it when the government used it to come after their guns and accessories...

I'm sure the democrats have some similar plan to do an end run around the constitution to ban all the common semi-auto guns.
The FUDDs will be all fine with that because those icky black rifles, but of course the Demonrats won't stop there...

I of course blame all this on the stupid self righteous, idiotic fools and their false religious doctrine they so worshiped of wanting to ban alcohol because "alcohol bad", and they opened the door wide for the government to march right in and take over, Oh we need the FBI, but we promise only to go after folks that are transporting that bad alcohol stuff...

They have a plan to go after semi-autos, and are already in the process of implementing it.

The clarification of the term "readily converted" (to mean possible with 8 hrs in a machine shop with professional knowledge) in the new frame & receiver rule from ATF opened the door to banning semi-autos. From there it's just a short jump in logic to declaring them all to be no different than MGs, and so already subject to the NFA and FOPA. Or at least it did before this summer's Bruen and WV vs EPA decisions. In theory those cases lay the groundwork for, at the very least, declaring the MG ban in FOPA unconstitutional and curtailing ATF's rule making shenanigans, maybe more.

Did you write her back and explain your last statement?
Do you think it will do any good?

I will ask her the next time I see her, which oddly enough could be in a couple of weeks . . . when I have my US military gun collection on display at a political fund raiser.

There will be 44 weapons on display - might be a good opportunity to educate her (and others) on some important issues. Maybe I could just throw a towel on top of the ones that will not be on display "the next time"? That could be at least 11 of them.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Whatever his actual intentions were, and whatever the actual truth of what happened really is, the entire situation played right into the hands of the government and was the excuse for even more power and using the government against anyone who spoke ill of the government.
The narrative was quickly and easily changed to garner sympathy for the government.
That's easy to do when you control the media.

After the most recent federal imposed regulation on my 2nd amendment rights, I emailed my "Republican" senator to express my displeasure.

She responded that it should not be a problem unless I was a criminal (or words to that effect).

The problem is that the new regulations start me down the path on the way to becoming a criminal. A path that I was not on before.
But if you just remain a law abiding citizen you will be fine... here's a copy of our latest restrictions for you to submit to.

Do you think it will do any good?

I will ask her the next time I see her, which oddly enough could be in a couple of weeks . . . when I have my US military gun collection on display at a political fund raiser.

There will be 44 weapons on display - might be a good opportunity to educate her (and others) on some important issues. Maybe I could just throw a towel on top of the ones that will not be on display "the next time"? That could be at least 11 of them.
Update:

I just had it confirmed. She is supposed to be at the fund raiser. (Actually I was told she will be there, but I know how sometimes those folks don't do what they say they will do.)

I bought enough red "lace" fabric to completely cover the ones that might not be on display "the next time". I informed my contact of my plan. I will uncover them every once in awhile and then recover them. That should generate some discussion on why sometimes they are covered and sometimes they are not. My contact thought that was a very good idea.

They most certainly will be covered when my "elected official" is viewing the collection.

Yes, I will take photos.

Those days are long gone. Just bend over and take it. Ask Bender he knows.
my grandmother in France was part of the resistence. Her war stories were incredible and funny, she'd never let me carry a rifle when we walked in the mountains in south of France. She told me it was too dangerous and that she knew what she was doing. I never argued but it was funny but then again, she shot and killed nazis so I wasn't going to argue.

These are good men serving their country. They sacrifice so much for so little in return. Sing along with me if you know the words in support of LEO of all levels across the country that keep us safe. “I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free..........

Supposedly, Big Daddy Unlimited is saying that FRT triggers are full auto and since their WOT trigger is the same thing one could guess that they will be handing over their list to the AFT to try and beat the FRT trigger lawsuit.

Takes forever to get the point.

TLDW, atf bought triggers on gunbroker, visited seller after getting their address, pressured sellers to give up other buyers
They most likely had an FFL that was threatened....

From the looks of the charges, he had worse things than a couple of FRTs. Looks like an illegally converted MP5 clone, 38 3d printed glock full auto switches, a couple of unregistered suppressors, and what could be several unregistered SBRs.

WV vs EPA won't protect him from any of those charges, even if it does get the FRTs dropped.
All gun laws are unconstitutional