• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ATF does not see my application pending, how long does it usually take?

FortyFive2Life

Private No Class
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Tennessee
I submitted my Form 4 in early April (around the 10th), and check was cashed on the 16th. This is for a trust.

I waited until this week (May 13th) to call and check the status, but the guy on the phone said no record of it in their system. He did say it usually takes 8 weeks or so to show up, which is longer than I thought. So I'm going to wait until end of the first week in June and check back.

How long does it normally take once the check has been cashed for it to show up in their system?

Took mine 8-10 weeks to be entered. That was last November for a form 1.

last one i had go pending took 5 weeks. Check cashed in February, went pending in March.

end of last August i was going from check cashed to pending in 7 days.

So pretty much all over the board, based on volume I guess :) So 8 weeks can be "normal". I was just worried when he said they had no record of it. I'll sit back and try to be patient!

I called yesterday and he also told me it would be about 8wks, give or take, before it would show up in the system as pending. My check was cashed on March 21st.

My check was cashed on 19MAR and they still aren't tracking it as pending when I called this week. Form 4 w/trust. I was told 8 weeks but it past 8 weeks now. Pending status has never taken this long with my other transfers.

You'd think with business being good, they'd hire some more folks...seems like there's plenty of money to go around at the gov level.

I was as surprised as you were about this - mine took seven weeks from cashed to pending.

You'd think with business being good, they'd hire some more folks...seems like there's plenty of money to go around at the gov level.

I'm suprised the Obama admin didn't blame sequester and cut back examiners to one.

Stuff from mid February has already been entered in as Pending, so you probably still have a few more weeks.

Noticed the same thing as you when I submitted a form4 in late Jan. Took about 8wks to reach pending status. Previously they were all cashed the same week and entered as pending within 2wks so I was a little freaked out.

I used to call 1 month after the check cashed to make sure it was pending. Now that's turned into 10 wks. Once it's in pending status I chill out and don't call again so I'm not interrupting anyone. Just me...

My last forms went pending -> approved in exactly 5 months. I hope that's still the case but I'm not overly confident.