• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF Final Rule

1Sam167

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2022
Tennessee
I was wanting to post this incase it helps anyone. I know some of you may or may not already have a pistol braced firearm, and that anyone who follows the new rule is an idiot - but for someone with multiple firearms that could be taken away if I was pronounced a felon, and kids to feed, I try to obey the current rules (as wild as that can be from day to day.)

A lawyer advises that by atleast trying to play along, it could help out in a court case against you if that was to happen since anyone can apparently be a felon overnight. Because they know the majority of the people that have a braced firearm I’m sure. Therefor, the statement of falling into a trap if you file the form 1 is void in my personal opinion. We probably all have enough parts laying around to give us “constructive intent” regardless.

This is just my opinion though and not the first time I’ve been called a fool. And, I’m sure everyone else’s ideas on the matter are more valuable and accurate than myself. Anyways, here’s the info I have that may help someone since all we have is a permission slip of a form 1;

IMG_2526.jpeg

IMG_2527.jpeg

This is exactly why I didn’t jump on the whole “free sbr” train. I had a couple form 4’s going through the pipeline during this time but im submitting form 1’s on 2 lowers I plan to sbr over the next few months. The whole system is a sham.

Basically it’s a free way to get you to register your firearm

Your free form info will go in a file. But when you get your form 1 for $200 you’ll still have to provide everything again.

If you sent them the info the first time you may as well just do it again. You’re already on file anyways. Unless of course you can’t have a sbr where you live

The simple reality is there really isn’t any such thing as a coherent ATF rule. They change rules without notifying anyone, then arrest people for not knowing, or just redefine their definition mid trial. Your fate rests in which county and judge you draw, conservative judge and county the case will more than likely get tossed quickly, liberal judge and county you are a guest of the state for 10 years. I promise if you call various ATF offices today 10 times you will get a minimum of 3 different answers.

considering the injunction for a member class that's ambiguous i suspect they wont bother with touching braces at all until the dust has fully settled. especially after the slap they just got regarding bump stocks, and them being put under a microscope for other rules theyve attempted to shovel out.

Reactions: Charmingmander
I don't think ATF gives a rats ass about $200 it's about control, compliance and registration. Plus if the brace rule is found to be unconstitutional why in the hell would they just let you pay and they email you an approval?? They want you to start over like the OP's contact said or put the brace on and carry on. It's the slow walk and hassle the red tape overseers enjoy. Prints, pics, in duplicate AGAIN please citizen............

I don't think ATF gives a rats ass about $200 it's about control, compliance and registration. Plus if the brace rule is found to be unconstitutional why in the hell would they just let you pay and they email you an approval?? They want you to start over like the OP's contact said or put the brace on and carry on. It's the slow walk and hassle the red tape overseers enjoy. Prints, pics, in duplicate AGAIN please citizen............
Just as SWAG from your comment, but I'm assuming you have never owned any NFA items... 😂

well you know the saying about "assuming".........:cool:
If they don’t care about $200 and you’re already in the beast system…Why not SBR it? Personally, I don’t like the braces, but I do like the brace option, because it still has to be treated like a handgun by authorities, which means you can CC it loaded in a vehicle, and cross state lines without permission. 👍🏼

If they don’t care about $200 and you’re already in the beast system…Why not SBR it? Personally, I don’t like the braces, but I do like the brace option, because it still has to be treated like a handgun by authorities, which means you can CC it loaded in a vehicle, and cross state lines without permission. 👍🏼
The crossing lines/ability to have it loaded in a vehicle under a ccw and owning it in states that you can’t own SBR’s are generally why most people don’t SBR if they don’t have to

It’s also a lot less hassle should it get stolen or you decide to sell it

Personally I hate braces. They have very short LOP and aren’t very comfortable for me. Plus SBR’s just look cool 😎

Then you don’t have to worry about vertical grips or wether you can touch your shoulder from week to week. I swapped all mine over years ago

In Michigan our SBR, under a certain length, fall under our ccw as well. So we can still carry loaded in a vehicle

They collect $92 million in tax stamp money in 2022. They may not care about the money since the governments will give them an unlimited but with that amount of money rolling in just by approving a 2 page forum and profiting $200 for 10 minutes of work each time it really makes you wonder whos' pocketing it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ and lash
Yes, it seems like a lot to normal people who work for a living but the issue is more about control and power. Trillions as in thousands of billions are wasted by our own government funding the minions who control us, and supply the other globalists and shitbirds who are ruining America.

Just look at the border crisis allowing millions of invaders to suck off the teets of us taxpayers while the Americans suffer from it directly!!! Billions to the most corrupt country on the planet perhaps, Ukraine, and 6 billion to our enemy Iran. WTF over??
Do braces suck? of course but that's really not the point at least to me, but alas I'm preaching to the choir...........

Yes, it seems like a lot to normal people who work for a living but the issue is more about control and power. Trillions as in thousands of billions are wasted by our own government funding the minions who control us, and supply the other globalists and shitbirds who are ruining America.

Just look at the border crisis allowing millions of invaders to suck off the teets of us taxpayers while the Americans suffer from it directly!!! Billions to the most corrupt country on the planet perhaps, Ukraine, and 6 billion to our enemy Iran. WTF over??
Do braces suck? of course but that's really not the point at least to me, but alas I'm preaching to the choir...........
Sending money to Israel is just as big of a waste as Ukraine and Palestine. They're all crooked. And they all do literally NOTHING positive for our country. The only reason our politicians suck-off Israel every chance they get is because Epstein's island was a Mossad op that got dirt on everyone on earth that's in power, and they use the evidence as blackmail to help slingshot their country and people over everyone else. It's the same reason the client list wasn't released to the public...Because they're all on it.

Reactions: mewillis