• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF fuckery time table

akmike47

Rumpleforeskin King of the Poors
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    The unelected law makers at it as usual.

Is this the push for making every part like handguards or barrels a "gun"?

Is this the push for making every part like handguards or barrels a "gun"?
    I think they wanted to make uppers firearms, maybe I saw something about BCGs at one point too.

Don't wanna watch a 20 minute video to hear what might happen.

Can anyone TLDR me on the current brace situation?

Reactions: Bender
    Don't wanna watch a 20 minute video to hear what might happen.

Can anyone TLDR me on the current brace situation?

ATF has a point system based on accessories attached to a weapon. Each one in combo with another adds points. If you go over a certain score, you a felon now.

EDIT: Examples below

"Legal"
    Njg4My5qcGc

Life in prison
    UjE1LUVWRVIuanBn

Last edited:
    So would this one that recently got stolen in a boating accident earn me enough points to win the jail time teddy bear?

10.5, 6" can, flashlight, aimpoint pro

Last edited:
    When there isn't a cost for pushing unconstitutional overreaching laws why wouldn't they
    try any shit they can think of?

R
    And when we the people with their bullshit 2nd amendment organizations don't push back against them to try and stop them, you bet they will keep going till we have to register our muskets.

God bless em and good luck 🤞

My experience with suing against corrupt laws/mandates whatever when they're supported by corrupt institutions has not been positive

Here I was hoping for a diagram dating back to 1934 that showed how we've eroded our rights away over the last 80yrs. I would do it myself but I would get too upset to continue much past 1984. The trendline is not a favorable one here

I thought something was up. Local gun trader site has had ar pistols going on firesale left and right for a few weeks people are tying to unload them for peanuts.

??

I have peanuts…
    Somehow I should have known that was going to get flipped around:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You on are on probation anyway for non-compliance on mandatory range days so no peanuts for you!

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: lash
    Somehow I should have known that was going to get flipped around:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You on are on probation anyway for non-compliance on mandatory range days so no peanuts for you!
    I don’t have a snappy reply for that. Since it’s true. I’ve never been good with compliance…😎

I don’t have a snappy reply for that. Since it’s true. I’ve never been good with compliance…😎
    We can work on it Mike. The first step is admitting you have a problem. First week of April is your redemption window. We have KYL madness to unleash!

Reactions: lash
    So would a guy with Alzheimer’s having access to nuclear launch codes be a red flag that could be reported, a lot, using the app described in the video above? How about a known crack head lying on federal paperwork to purchase a firearm? It seems to me that things like that should be reported, a lot.

So would a guy with Alzheimer’s having access to nuclear launch codes be a red flag that could be reported, a lot, using the app described in the video above? How about a known crack head lying on federal paperwork to purchase a firearm? It seems to me that things like that should be reported, a lot.

When I watched the video, I was hoping that he'd report Hunter Biden for lying on the 4473.

Reactions: TurboTrout
    Anyone who falls for the “ Amnesty ” self registration isn’t too bright

There are sooooo many braced guns, almost every big AR maker sells them with braces, big names like Springfield, sig, colt, etc, and never ending non searilized parts out there already, in addition to the recent SCOTUS ruling, I’m not worried about it

It’s like a little kid who says he’s doing going to not breath anymore until he gets candy, you just chuckle and watch the little brain try to hold its breath for under a minute, then go back to reading the paper

Post some cliff notes along with the videos. It would be helpful if everyone would do that. Sometimes I don’t think the people posting videos and articles without including a quote or a description even read/watch them themselves.
    If you have a 4473 NICS denial or delay... you will then have local LEOs notified to come and visit you.

Reactions: wade2big
    I’ve been delayed twice - with no explanation about why at all.
    AZ CCW cures that issue. No waiting for a NICS check.

Post some cliff notes along with the videos. It would be helpful if everyone would do that. Sometimes I don’t think the people posting videos and articles without including a quote or a description even read/watch them themselves.

Sometimes I do post the cliff notes. If I’m in a hurry I’ll just post the video.

If someone doesn’t have the time to watch the entire video, there’s a way to speed it up. Surprisingly, some videos are very understandable, even at 2X.

Look for the gear / cog for the settings. You may have to scroll down on the pop up menu to look for the playback speed. Playback can usually be set anywhere from 1.25X to 2X.

Hopefully that helps with the review when someone doesn’t have a lot of time.

Reactions: wade2big
    If there is a "great trap" it will be the complicated form and slow moving bureaucracy. People will fill out the form, mail or email it in, months later they will look at it and want corrections or deny it, by the time the guy fills it out correctly he now has an "illegal" brace etc.

If all 20-40 million braced-pistol owners do file for amnesty to get a Form-1, the bottleneck and delays will last clear into the 22nd century.

Reactions: BCP and KZP
    If there is a "great trap" it will be the complicated form and slow moving bureaucracy. People will fill out the form, mail or email it in, months later they will look at it and want corrections or deny it, by the time the guy fills it out correctly he now has an "illegal" brace etc.
    Just overwhelm the system with fake info? Did they even do this yet? Heard August but seen nothing else about it.

Just overwhelm the system with fake info? Did they even do this yet? Heard August but seen nothing else about it.

Got delayed until December. That's why they announced "amnesty" from what I recall.

Got delayed until December. That's why they announced "amnesty" from what I recall.

This the “amnesty” is more to do with suckering suckers than their incompetence at processing paperwork in any acceptable time format

Nothing has been formally announced to FFLs yet. Judging by what happened with the new receiver marking rule, we should get invited to a webinar a couple months before the rule is put into effect, and there will still be a ton of questions from licensees that go unanswered.

Reactions: SilentStalkr