• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ATF letter on forced reset triggers

Congress has to expressly give consent to them for them to retroactively charge an end user with constructive intent.
How long do you think that will take to come to fruition if they seem permission? Seems I remember a spring bill passing lately that gave xxxx dollars to deputize local LE to support the Fed mission. Makes one wonder what the ultimate goal of that would be

Did I miss the part on how much they are going to reimburse the owners? Surely they would not comment theft.

:sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Romeo458 and mtrmn
I think that’s a stretch. I’ve sworn out search warrants before and I wouldn’t dare try to put some thin shit like that in an affidavit. But, that’s just me.
What about local PD/LE outsourced to the feds since that last bill just gave untold dollars for that kind of support. Wouldn’t they have access/possession to federal warrrants?

I told you lads in another thread.
They are coming for your guns and you had best find a way to hide them unless you'd prefer the shootout method.
Did you think it was for no reason that they can now source local PD's and force them (basically) to enforce literally anything the ATF deems as law ?

Oh wait, we can vote the Demmocrappers out....
Yea, that worked real well last time.
Do you seriously think they won't steal another election ?
You've already got one fucked up stupid bitch that is a shoe in to the Supreme Court.
Killary is getting itchy and will off 1 or two more....and then where are we ?

What about local PD/LE outsourced to the feds since that last bill just gave untold dollars for that kind of support. Wouldn’t they have access/possession to federal warrrants?
Local agencies sending officers to a federal task force is not a new thing. And, yes, once a task force officer is properly credentialed he or she can swear out federal warrants just as fed LE can.

"the subject FRTs do not require shooters to pull and subsequently release the trigger to fire a second shot"

Is anyone surprised that something that works that way is a machine gun according to the law?

I don't see this letter as controversial in any way.

Note, I'm not offering my opinion of the constitutionality of the NFA and GCA.

BTW the thread title is misleading. This letter doesn't refer to all FRTs.
The rare breed doesn't work like they're implying.

If you pin it to the rear, you'll stop the cycle of operations completely.

It literally has to fire, and be allowed to be forced forward by the bolt carrier to the forward and reset position before it can fire again.

That's why I sold the one I tried out. Unreliable. Too much pressure would result in a closed bolt with a live round and a dead (non reset) trigger which would force you to run the charging handle, dump a perfectly good live round, chamber another and reset the trigger before it would fire again.

The new version with the three position safety may work better, haven't tried that one.

But...ATF is full of shit. It's not one continuous pull. It's a bunch of fast pulls strung together, you literally can't just pull back and hold or you'll induce a stoppage.

Not that it's their job to interpret written law or issue new versions of how it'll be read based on the thesaurus in their office.

They even admit in this 'letter' that some of the triggers do force a reset and aren't machine guns but they don't specify which.

It's a scare tactic to keep FFLs from buying and distributing the triggers.

I absolutely agree that this pain is self inflicted. Not only do the products in question try to skirt the law, they are blatantly marketed as such attempts with mag dump videos showing the potential customer how well the objective of circumventing the law has been achieved.

The higher barrier of ownership for machineguns since 1986 is most likely the chief reason that we have not seen more crimes committed with them. Registration requirements and prices simply kept the riff-raff out. Now, the manufacturers of these asinine machinegun substitutes use the fact that the few registered machineguns owned by people passing higher muster were seldom used in crimes as a justification for every Dick, Harry, and gang banger running around with something that functions just the same for pennies on the dollar. What could possibly go wrong there?

And, thanks to the idiots (P80, etc.) who think that manufacturing a firearm should be easily achievable by any underage pimple-faced basement dweller, prohibited person, or general moron, we will in the near future have to have anything serialized and registered that we mill out of a solid billet, using specific knowledge, machinery, and hours of hard-earned skills.

My stance on the triggers, "solvent traps", etc. is the same as on Russia: "Stop poking the bear in the eye, if you know exactly how the bear has to respond"

PS: The above is not an endorsement of ATF's enforcement actions that made quite gruesome examples of selected violators to scare off potential followers. If they know that 200,000 Dick's and Harry's are in violation of the law, then they should get 200,000 warrants and 200,000 convictions within the generally accepted confines of these procedures instead of going rogue on some random individuals to make a point.
Absolutely, we shouldn’t push the bullshit gun laws on the books, we should beg on our knees and be thankful for the scraps from the table. Go get ‘‘em tiger.

"Our present Government can be best described as Monkeys Covered in Gasoline Playing with Matches"

Love the sig line!
If they'd just torch themselves Im all in. Unfortunately if they light it off we all may go. Theyre not playing with ordinary matches.

I bought a Franklin Armory Binary a while back directly from them. Just go this email...The pics at the bottom are funny.

mail

Burying or hiding something is the same as giving it up. It’s not about the item but rather the idea

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Local agencies sending officers to a federal task force is not a new thing. And, yes, once a task force officer is properly credentialed he or she can swear out federal warrants just as fed LE can.
Yep that's been going on for decades

I bought a Franklin Armory Binary a while back directly from them. Just go this email...The pics at the bottom are funny.

mail
This is exactly what gets you put on the next ATF letter. Sometimes it’s ok to fly under the radar rather than through it

Jimmy and his neighbors Billy sell drugs
Billy just got busted for selling drugs
Jimmy makes a video laughing at Billy
Jimmy notes he sells drugs under (XXX) name
Jimmy noted in video he has yet to be caught
One week later jimmy door is kicked in
Jimmy goes to jail for selling drugs
Jimmy can’t understand who ratted him out
Jimmy’s an idiot
Don’t be like Jimmy

Absolutely, we shouldn’t push the bullshit gun laws on the books, we should beg on our knees and be thankful for the scraps from the table. Go get ‘‘em tiger.
If you do not like the 25mph speed limit around your school, then the way to get that removed is to obtain majority consent from your fellow citizens for a higher limit, convey this to your local representatives, and have the rules (aka laws) changed.

Expecting law enforcement to look the other way when people break or blatantly circumvent the laws on a large scale is not the solution. We saw where that goes in Portland and we did not like it for one bit. So, apply the golden rule here and do not expect to get away with shenanigans that you would not tolerate on the receiving end. Similarly, you cannot and should not expect ATF to ignore the blatant undermining of laws that have been in the books for 36 years and survived 9 presidential elections (you can figure out the number of different administrations).

As I have said in my prior post, I do not endorse some of the methods they use to enforce these laws but ATF is not the address you send your request to change these laws to. That would be your congressional representatives. If those representatives do not give a hoot about your desire to own a machine gun for less than 10k without background check and registration, than that is not ATF's fault or is it?

I am fully aware that ATF leadership currently caters to the needs and demands of the DNC like the rest of the alphabet soup. Yes, that 4th, unelected branch of government is a serious problem for a functioning constitutional republic. But you are not going to reduce that problem by marketing stupid gimmicks, which gives them the opportunity to "legally" push their agenda even deeper.

Nobody had any problem with people bump firing until some morons decided to mass market bump stocks. After that got shot down under Trump, some imbeciles decided to double down by marketing lightning links as coat racks and were surprised when that got them uncomfortably close to club fed. Well, let's triple down with marketing "solvent traps" (hint hint). FRTs, etc. Don't those geniuses realize that they are just giving the grabbers in the regulating agency more opportunity and legitimacy to grab?

Let me give you another example. Congress tasked ATF with the regulation of commerce, transportation, and storage of explosives. That does not include the manufacturing of explosives for non-commercial use. Consequently, mixing an oxidizer and a metal powder to create an exploding target is perfectly legal as long as you do not transport, store, or sell the resulting explosive. You can also -as of today- synthesize every explosive on the ATF list legally under the same constraints. Make it, use it, be done with it and do not sell it or profit from it in any other way.

ATF is fully aware of this "loophole" but assumes correctly that those who have obtained the detailed knowledge and have figured out the technical details without losing their fingers, eyesight, or lives are unlikely to cause trouble large enough to necessitate a change in the laws. ATF is also aware of several forums where organic chemistry, including energetics, is discussed but does not see the need to act since the people in the know refuse to spoon feed the thrill seeking idiots or potential criminals.

Then comes a genius like FPS Russia and finds it prudent to blow shit up with massive amounts of Tannerite on a very popular and monetized(!) YouTube channel. Unsurprisingly, he gets hammered by ATF in a clear cut case of someone using explosives in commerce without the required license (which he could have easily and cheaply obtained).

That brilliant move not only cost him his privileges to own NFA items and other guns but with every additional knucklehead blowing shit up with Tannerite on YouTube we are getting closer to the manufacturing of explosives for immediate and non-commercial use becoming severely restricted.

This provoked legislative or regulatory action would not only negatively affect the attention whores on YouTube but also a massive amount of legitimate explosive users who use binaries to avoid the increased costs and hassle associated with shipping and storing regulated explosives.

There are currently several companies manufacturing binary high explosives (equivalent to Dynamite) who could legally sell kits to every Dick and Harry. They could -similar to the "solvent trap" charade- pretend that the components would be useful for lighting a campfire in the absence of a regulated detonator. Fortunately, they are smarter and know what the irrevocable, negative consequences of this short term profiteering would be.

Let me close with another analogy. If you have figured out a way to drastically lower your taxes in an unintended but technically legal way, would you publish or sell this on the fucking internet, skyline yourself to the IRS for a nasty audit, and get that "loophole" closed? I hope you would be smarter than that.

Last edited:
How can a trigger be a thing that makes a gun shoot more than one shot by a single pull of itself? Maybe if it is motorized?

This line was meant for lightning links.

I absolutely agree that this pain is self inflicted. Not only do the products in question try to skirt the law, they are blatantly marketed as such attempts with mag dump videos showing the potential customer how well the objective of circumventing the law has been achieved.

The higher barrier of ownership for machineguns since 1986 is most likely the chief reason that we have not seen more crimes committed with them. Registration requirements and prices simply kept the riff-raff out. Now, the manufacturers of these asinine machinegun substitutes use the fact that the few registered machineguns owned by people passing higher muster were seldom used in crimes as a justification for every Dick, Harry, and gang banger running around with something that functions just the same for pennies on the dollar. What could possibly go wrong there?

And, thanks to the idiots (P80, etc.) who think that manufacturing a firearm should be easily achievable by any underage pimple-faced basement dweller, prohibited person, or general moron, we will in the near future have to have anything serialized and registered that we mill out of a solid billet, using specific knowledge, machinery, and hours of hard-earned skills.

My stance on the triggers, "solvent traps", etc. is the same as on Russia: "Stop poking the bear in the eye, if you know exactly how the bear has to respond"

PS: The above is not an endorsement of ATF's enforcement actions that made quite gruesome examples of selected violators to scare off potential followers. If they know that 200,000 Dick's and Harry's are in violation of the law, then they should get 200,000 warrants and 200,000 convictions within the generally accepted confines of these procedures instead of going rogue on some random individuals to make a point.
The funny thing is that you think they need a reason and that if these things didn't exist they would leave everyone alone. Not a chance.

If you do not like the 25mph speed limit around your school, then the way to get that removed is to obtain majority consent from your fellow citizens for a higher limit, convey this to your local representatives, and have the rules (aka laws) changed.

Expecting law enforcement to look the other way when people break or blatantly circumvent the laws on a large scale is not the solution. We saw where that goes in Portland and we did not like it for one bit. So, apply the golden rule here and do not expect to get away with shenanigans that you would not tolerate on the receiving end. Similarly, you cannot and should not expect ATF to ignore the blatant undermining of laws that have been in the books for 36 years and survived 9 presidential elections (you can figure out the number of different administrations).

As I have said in my prior post, I do not endorse some of the methods they use to enforce these laws but ATF is not the address you send your request to change these laws to. That would be your congressional representatives. If those representatives do not give a hoot about your desire to own a machine gun for less than 10k without background check and registration, than that is not ATF's fault or is it?

I am fully aware that ATF leadership currently caters to the needs and demands of the DNC like the rest of the alphabet soup. Yes, that 4th, unelected branch of government is a serious problem for a functioning constitutional republic. But you are not going to reduce that problem by marketing stupid gimmicks, which gives them the opportunity to "legally" push their agenda even deeper.

Nobody had any problem with people bump firing until some morons decided to mass market bump stocks. After that got shot down under Trump, some imbeciles decided to double down by marketing lightning links as coat racks and were surprised when that got them uncomfortably close to club fed. Well, let's triple down with marketing "solvent traps" (hint hint). FRTs, etc. Don't those geniuses realize that they are just giving the grabbers in the regulating agency more opportunity and legitimacy to grab?

Let me give you another example. Congress tasked ATF with the regulation of commerce, transportation, and storage of explosives. That does not include the manufacturing of explosives for non-commercial use. Consequently, mixing an oxidizer and a metal powder to create an exploding target is perfectly legal as long as you do not transport, store, or sell the resulting explosive. You can also -as of today- synthesize every explosive on the ATF list legally under the same constraints. Make it, use it, be done with it and do not sell it or profit from it in any other way.

ATF is fully aware of this "loophole" but assumes correctly that those who have obtained the detailed knowledge and have figured out the technical details without losing their fingers, eyesight, or lives are unlikely to cause trouble large enough to necessitate a change in the laws. ATF is also aware of several forums where organic chemistry, including energetics, is discussed but does not see the need to act since the people in the know refuse to spoon feed the thrill seeking idiots or potential criminals.

Then comes a genius like FPS Russia and finds it prudent to blow shit up with massive amounts of Tannerite on a very popular and monetized(!) YouTube channel. Unsurprisingly, he gets hammered by ATF in a clear cut case of someone using explosives in commerce without the required license (which he could have easily and cheaply obtained).

That brilliant move not only cost him his privileges to own NFA items and other guns but with every additional knucklehead blowing shit up with Tannerite on YouTube we are getting closer to the manufacturing of explosives for immediate and non-commercial use becoming severely restricted.

This provoked legislative or regulatory action would not only negatively affect the attention whores on YouTube but also a massive amount of legitimate explosive users who use binaries to avoid the increased costs and hassle associated with shipping and storing regulated explosives.

There are currently several companies manufacturing binary high explosives (equivalent to Dynamite) who could legally sell kits to every Dick and Harry. They could -similar to the "solvent trap" charade- pretend that the components would be useful for lighting a campfire in the absence of a regulated detonator. Fortunately, they are smarter and know what the irrevocable, negative consequences of this short term profiteering would be.

Let me close with another analogy. If you have figured out a way to drastically lower your taxes in an unintended but technically legal way, would you publish or sell this on the fucking internet, skyline yourself to the IRS for a nasty audit, and get that "loophole" closed? I hope you would be smarter than that.
And in syaing all of that still no law has been broken by the letter of the law.

AFT is just mad as hell that people seem to be able to take the law as written and still do what they do because they use their brains.

It's strange you also seem to think others are ruining it for others instead of blaming the real culprit that is government overreach..

Reactions: Fig
Its a bull interpretation from the ATFs part so it will work to their favor.
Remember guys you give the government an inch and it will f&*^ you until there is nothing left.

This isn’t “School House Rock” that ship has long sailed. By the way, they just gave the Taliban hundreds of thousands of weapons that the real terrorists, us, aren’t allowed. The simple fact is that I find it hilarious that these companies use good old American ingenuity to stick it in the face of the pieces of shit at the ATF and every other alphabet soup agency.

It will be far easier to use our military against citizens if the military and FEMA become one and the same organization....
Which would probably simply mean they expand Homeland Security to encompass all.
The Constitution doesn't mean a thing if you decide that all the people with guns and tanks and planes are now part of "Law Enforcement".

May be closer than we think.

View attachment 7835311

Well there are a bunch of folks on here that are all blowhards about thinking the draft is the best thing ever and anyone that wouldn't willingly hand their child over to the government as a slave is an evil person.

Well they may be about to find out what it's like to get their wish, when the Xiden regime decides to draft the children of the "undesirables" and go send them to die as cannon fodder to protect Hunter Biden's cushy paycheck.

I guess if that happens we'll see how much all those worshipers of the government that think the draft is the best thing ever like it being rubbed in their faces.

this $hit has to stop
It won't, because we keep backing down

So what's the difference between a FRT and binary trigger?
A lot, untill the ATF decides it's a Tuesday
Did I miss the part on how much they are going to reimburse the owners? Surely they would not comment theft.

:sneaky:
See that would be the legitimate way to do it in accordance with the enumerated protections within the 5th amendment, but if they gave a damn about that we wouldn't be able to hear this conversation over the belted and third hole automatic fire in the background

Well if they work as advertised then no one should be able to take it from you.........

Well if they work as advertised then no one should be able to take it from you.........
Except that the ATF will do what they did with the retailers. Your options are to voluntarily surrender or have it confiscated and you can fight it in court.

Good news is the guys making these aren't going to roll over like the bump stock guys. I remember my dad and grandpa griping 15 years ago about something (EPA related I think) and it boiled down to "they are a bunch of unelected bureaucrats that we can't do anything about." I didn't understand what those words meant back then but here we are...
Lies. They’ve already rolled.
Guy local to me had three agents show up this morning demanding he surendur the three RBs he bought by mail. He was at work and his wife called him.

They are going door to door for forced reset triggers, and the have the lists from the MFGs of everyone who has bought direct.

So much for your ATF booster faggotry. This is a dry run.

Guy local to me had three agents show up this morning demanding he surendur the three he bought by mail. He was at work and his wife called him.
It could be USPS, FedEx, or UPS (however the seller shipped them) that gave them buyers information. It'd likely be easier to obtain the information from the shipping company rather than the manufacturer/seller of the product.

I hope they hold these in escrow because lawsuits may scrap all these regulations after recent SC rulings.

I remember when I was a kid, used to pay bums to buy us booze... hint hint...
Next ur guns boys look how easily you give it all up. All internet talk and then u give it up like a 5 dollar whore. Shit is funny though. No one stands up and that is why the country is long gone. Accept you new masters it will be easier in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: kmckinnon
Guy local to me had three agents show up this morning demanding he surendur the three RBs he bought by mail. He was at work and his wife called him.

They are going door to door for forced reset triggers, and the have the lists from the MFGs of everyone who has bought direct.

It could be USPS, FedEx, or UPS (however the seller shipped them) that gave them buyers information. It'd likely be easier to obtain the information from the shipping company rather than the manufacturer/seller of the product.

That they were looking for the exact number of triggers the guy bought says they got the list from the company.

They could also get the customer list from their credit card payment processor if they ever used credit cards or online payments.

The ATF has a pretty good stick to threaten the company with to turn the lists over and in most similar cases to this they usually got "cooperation" from the company because it was that or they hit them full up with trying to send them to prison for a long time.

Wonder why the county sheriff isn’t arresting ATF agents that have no Legal authority considering the federal gov’t is unconstitutional ever since the marxist takeover off the executive branch. I actually don’t wonder. I know. We ain’t them. They ain’t us.

Wonder why the county sheriff isn’t arresting ATF agents that have no Legal authority considering the federal gov’t is unconstitutional ever since the marxist takeover off the executive branch. I actually don’t wonder. I know. We ain’t them. They ain’t us.
You must be smoking that shit. Game over homie. Read the writing on the wall

I like to think that I had a company like this I wouldn't keep records of purchaser's.
I know that would be problematic but it make it easy not to compromise my customers.

• Haha
Reactions: XCHITOWNCOPPER
I like to think that I had a company like this I wouldn't keep records of purchaser's.
I know that would be problematic but it make it easy not to compromise my customers.
It's about money dummy. They got it now they out. Just like everything In life. A fool and his money is easily parted

• Sad
Reactions: Eli17L

Did they settle the case then? I haven’t been following very closely. Sad to hear they must have given up the list (or it was part of discovery)

I've got a few of those books. Wild that you needed a stamp just to buy sugar......
Cool that farmers usually got extra as well. Take care of the ones bringing it to the table. Times would probably be different nowadays sadly

Here in Missouri we have specific laws barring our local law enforcement from working with/assisting rogue federal agencies who violate the constitutional rights of citizens, like the ATF. Unfortunately, that does not stop them from violating our rights on their own...

Here in Missouri we have specific laws barring our local law enforcement from working with/assisting rogue federal agencies who violate the constitutional rights of citizens, like the ATF. Unfortunately, that does not stop them from violating our rights on their own...
Thats almost a small step in the right direction, yet not a step. If the police won’t protect the rights of the people then why have them unless that’s not actually their use. Hint, it isn’t. I would wager my life savings that if one of these fed boys violated your right to life, liberty, and your pursuit of happiness and you reject their tries, your sheriff and his boys will be looking for you just the same.

Maybe I was too harsh that they gave up all their customers. They may have had all their info seized when the ATF raided them. Certainly there is nada on the RB website except that they're all "out of stock".

The AFT letter declaring them "machine guns" is false on it's face. It does not meet the wording of the statute or the "spirit", as what they're claiming is physically impossible, and easily disprovable. That they can openly declare lies truth, play with language to make people federal felons, and even people in the shooting community defend them is absurd.

I think the main takeaway here is the the AFT doesn't care about reality, or your rights, or anything besides their woke, anti-gun ideology, and they will stomp, murder, and violate your rights without a second thought. This is one of the most lawless, reckless, and out of control government agencies. Possibly even worse than the FBI or CIA. This is another agency that Trump needs to burn to the ground when he wins next cycle.

Reactions: rlsmith1