• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns ATF Seeks to Restrict Arm Braces

Unless I'm mistaken, you have to notify the ATF if you take an SBR out of state. You don't have to do that with a pistol. So it's not just a tax stamp issue.
Which is a pain in the ass, had a pig hunt in TX lined up, 6 months later I finally got ‘permission’ to take my SBR

Reactions: Longshot231
Maybe you’re just dense, so I’ll speak fucking slow so you can understand.

The MONEY isn’t the issue. The WAIT isn’t the issue, either. The fact that the fucking government knows that you have the SBR and can do whatever they fucking want to with that information IS THE ISSUE for a bunch of people. Get that? $200 doesn’t fucking matter, and neither does a month. Some people would rather Uncle Sugar NOT know that they have the rifle in the first place, much less have them in a registered database for later confiscation.

Maybe try thinking without your head up your ass before you get all sarcastic and “SMH”.

You reading and comprehension is abysmal.

But you compensate for it with profanity and insult.

I guess that plays well with other high schoolers. But not with me.

So have fun with that. I don;t waste my time trying to converse with it.

You come across as an immature puke who posted a bunch of pics and videos of shouldering your braces, and now is throwing a temper tantrum the ATF got tired of you poking them in the eye.

Congrats - YOU are the problem that caused the ATF to act. Tyrants gonna tyrant. But yer not smart enuf to anticiapte that.

Yer not evenintelligent enuf to understand ATF *****ALREADY******* knows abut your gun purchase from the NICS check. You apparently trust them to destroy the data from the background check.

Kids today. SMH.

Last edited:
I don’t think I read anywhere in that ATF letter the word occasional.

You'd haftas be braindead to not understand that NO WAY that the ATF is gonna give anyone a real work around to registered SBR's.

You'd hafta beleive in unicorns.

Last edited:
They basically did exactly that with the contents of the letter in plain English! Maybe your comprehension skills arent up to par bud. Not my fault the ATF are dipshits. No need to get all pissy cause you can’t read basic English. Regardless of their intent. Even if it did say occasionally. Like if the DMV said you can cassionally drive 100 mph. Who the fuck wouldn’t frequently. Go take a chill pill, your gonna give yourself an aneurism get real! Ha ha

They basically did exactly that with the contents of the letter in plain English! Maybe your comprehension skills arent up to par bud. Not my fault the ATF are dipshits. No need to get all pissy cause you can’t read basic English. Regardless of their intent. Even if it did say occasionally. Like if the DMV said you can cassionally drive 100 mph. Who the fuck wouldn’t frequently. Go take a chill pill, your gonna give yourself an aneurism get real! Ha ha

So you DO beleive in unicorns.... and didnt see this ATF action coming.... you'd hafta be a moron to not have seen it coming. Like ... a grade school droput. Maybe kindergarten.

The most intlligent word of your post is the "fuck" near the end. (And that ain't sayin' much.)

The rest is pure insipidness.

You posted tons of pics and videos shouldering your fake @$$ brace , didn't ya.... and now want to insut and curse at other peopl cuz you screwed your own pooch and runined things for everyone else.

You'd haftas be braindead to not undersatnd that NO WAY that the ATF is gonna give anyone a real work around to registered SBR's.

You'd hafta beleive in unicorns.

Respectfully, your arguments are not fact-based. You're reacting on emotion and projecting to create your own version of reality. You don't want to admit that the ATF letter doesn't use the word "occasional" because it destroys your argument. The facts are that the ATF weighed in on pistol braces and concluded that adding a forearm brace to a pistol doesn't make it an SBR, even if it's fired from the shoulder.

Nothing occasional about it. ATF recognizes that firing from the shoulder can happen, but it doesn't change a donkey into a duck.

We get it. You think gun owners should hide. You think we should stay off Youtube and stay out of the public eye and hide in fear because "they" may object and take something away.

I (and others) respectfully disagree. The more the public sees us, the better off we'll all be. If I'm using an "other firearm" in a 3 gun match I want people to comment when they watch it on Facebook. The more they see responsible gun owners doing responsible things, the better.

I (and others) respectfully disagree. The more the public sees us, the better off we'll all be. If I'm using an "other firearm" in a 3 gun match I want people to comment when they watch it on Facebook. The more they see responsible gun owners doing responsible things, the better.

Answer me ONE question....just one....

Did you REALLY seriosuly think the ATF was giving everyone a permanent work around to avoid registering a short barrelled rifle? Something they could shoulder all the time just like a regular buttstock?

Really? Are you THAT clueless to who and what ATF is?

Answer me that. Or zip it.

@GetReal

I get that you are new here.

We collectively as Citizens, Free People, and gun owners, do not poke the ATF in the eye.

The ATF is a government funded bully organization founded out of fear that the free people may use the second amendment for it’s intended purpose.
Like any bully, they dont like losing their “control” and want to put a smack down on the folks they like to mess with.

Arguing a your point with men who are determined to live free is most likely an exercise in fruition.

Last edited:
Reactions: goatboy
@GetReal

I get that you are new here.

We collectively as Citizens, Free People, and gun owners, do not poke the ATF in the eye.

The ATF is a government funded bully organization founded out of fear that the free people may use the second amendment for it’s intended purpose.
Like any bully, they dont like losing their “control” and want to put a smack down on the folks they like to mess with.

Arguing a your point with men who are determined to live free is most likely an exercise in fruition.

You REALLY aren't reading my posts for comprehension. Seriously.

The ATF is an unCosntitutional, tyrannical organizatin that SHOULD NOT EXIST ALL.

But since it DOES...intelligent people should know not to poke the bear by posting pics and vids that the WHOLE INDUSTRY knows would force the ATF to do EXACTLY what its doing now. .

I may be new here, but your long tenure has NOT sharpened your reading and comprehension skills.

Slow down, back off, and read for comrehension, AND NOT to just argue.

Read HERE>>>> https://www.80lowerjig.com/blogs/80-lower-blog/can-you-shoulder-an-ar15-pistol-brace-in-2020/

FROM TE ARTICLE:

"In 2014, the ATF argued this was illegal. But in 2017, they reversed their opinion and now state "sporadic, incidental, or situational" shouldering of a pistol brace is legal.

profanity and insults....how ignorant people try to argue rather than just admit they were WRONG.

Reading comprehension.

That's the summary from the article author.

The quote in context from the ATF is referring to the PRIOR interpritation of their assessment by OTHERS. NOT the opinion of the ATF:

"To the extent the January 2015 letter implied or has been construed to hold that incidental, sporadic, or situational use of an arm brace (in its original approved configuration) from a firing position at or near the shoulder was sufficient to constitute 'redesign', such interpretations are incorrect and not consistent with ATF's interpretation of the statute or the manner in which it has historically been enforced."

Give up the need to "be right".

Don't be ashamed that you're a gun owner,.

Be proud of it and safely demonstrate it to the world.

You REALLY aren't reading my posts for comrehension. Seriously.

The ATF is an unCosntitutional, tyrannical organizatin that SHOULD NOT EXIST ALL.

But since it DOES...intelligent people should know not to poke the bear by posting pics and vids that the WHOLE INDUSTRY knows would force the ATF to do EXACTLY what its doing now. .

I may be new here, but your long tenure has NOT sharpened your reading and comprehension skills.

May I politely suggest that you proofread your stuff before you click "post reply"? For someone advocating "slow down and read for comprehension", there's an awful lot of spelling and grammar errors. Might even help with the alleged comprehension issue people are having.

Reactions: Blutroop
You REALLY aren't reading my posts for comprehension. Seriously.

download (3).jpeg

Hey sir.
I was reading at a graduate level as a junior high student and edit medical textbooks on occasion.
i do ok in comprehension.....

maybe it is time to poke the bear.

You ever think that some people may just believe differently than you even if they understand your rants about being right?

"To the extent the January 2015 letter implied or has been construed to hold that incidental, sporadic, or situational use of an arm brace (in its original approved configuration) from a firing position at or near the shoulder was sufficient to constitute 'redesign', such interpretations are incorrect and not consistent with ATF's interpretation of the statute or the manner in which it has historically been enforced."

The article PROVES that the ATF has been all over the map on the shoudering issue, and HAS in fact issued opinion(s) that (1) all shouldering is illegal (2) anything more than occasional shouldering is illegal.

And now YET AGAIN they are looking to make all shouldering illegal / outright ban braces.

ATF is a buncha tyrants. They do what they want. Smart ppl knew not to poke the bear.

The simple fact is if you were one of the ones posting pics of shoudlering your brace just like a stock, this entire mess is ******YOUR*******fault.

You need to admit your were wrong. Or just simply be quiet. I don't have the need to BE right. I ******AM**** right.

Last edited:
Yeah... THIS one is gun owners fault.... posting hundreds of thousands of pics of arm braces, pics and videos of them being shouldered ALL the time just like a full stock, poking the bear called ATF, KNOWING what ATF is, then acting all shocked and wounded ATF would do this. You KNEW they are power hungry tyrants, and you played right into their tyranny. They almost had no choice but to do this, else it would invalidate the entire SBR regs. Those regs are unConstitutional for sure, but they are the LAW on the books and ATF *will* enforce them.

Same with posting vids of bump stocks that effetively made a semi into FA.

Enjoy your fun.... BUT SHUT UP ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't post in on the WORLD WIDE web. smh

The gun community needs to get smarter. Not JUST whine about tyanny, but anticipate its next move, and don't make yourself its target.

This one is a "look in the mirror" moment.
But that isn’t going to get likes on the gram lol

Your a pretty arrogant ass basically, I have and never would have posted a pic or video of doing such. They fucked up when they issued the letter is my point and opened themselves up for this kind situation. I am plenty educated. I don’t give two shits how smart you THINK you are, you have the need to hammer your useless and non fact based opinion into our dense brains keep at it, And Unicorn meat is delicious, I love it! You have no argument to stand on. You can STFU, and not tell me I cant voice my opinion. Get a life get real! Your opinion doesn’t hold water in court, the ATF letter does. I see you can OCASIONALLY be a huge dick if you don’t get your way! Go pound sand!

Your a pretty arrogant ass basically, I have and never would have posted a pic or video of doing such. They fucked up when they issued the letter is my point and opened themselves up for this kind situation. I am plenty educated. I don’t give two shits how smart you THINK you are, you have the need to hammer your useless and non fact based opinion into our dense brains keep at it, And Unicorn meat is delicious, I love it! You have no argument to stand on. You can STFU, and not tell me I cant voice my opinion. Get a life get real! Your opinion doesn’t hold water in court, the ATF letter does. I see you can OCASIONALLY be a huge dick if you don’t get your way! Go pound sand!

Nice rant / screed. You reason & debate like a liberal. :)

Bottom line:

1. The ATF is a buncha tyrants and thugs and the entire organization is unconstitutional

2. As I've proven, it was well known in the industry regular shouldering of a brace was problematic from several diferent ATF rulings. NO WAY were they gonna give a tax stamp / registration work around by means of a brace

3. Anyone who posted pics regularly shouldering their braces is the CAUSE of this tyrannical action by ATF. You messed with the bull, and got the horn. For EVERYONE, thanx ALOT. Screwed it for everyone.

4. Theres no real joy for me in pointing fingers.... OTHER THAN hopefully those ppl will be smarter next time.

Last edited:
ANOTHER article indicating anything more than occasional shodering of a brace has ALWAYS been illegal....

Yeah sure, there’s no logic in my position, they flat out screwed the pooch in their wording and now are rebuffing what they had originally said. Of course I seen this coming, who couldn’t have! You would have to be blind not too, just as they will try every avenue to abolish all firearms rights over the next years or decades! They will come for almost all of our arms just as the next logical step is to come after ammo instead of firearms as there is no constitution guarantee of the right to own ammo! I am a factual based individual, I don’t give two shits about your feelings if the facts don’t back it up. I am sure your probably one of the people who believes the earth is flat as well.

And what exactly constitutes ocassionally in your mind, that’s a hard one to prosecute in court. Once a month, once a year, never???? They need to define it one way or the other! Not leave ambiguous references as to what they want!

And what exactly constitutes ocassionally in your mind, that’s a hard one to prosecute in court. Once a month, once a year, never???? They need to define it one way or the other! Not leave ambiguous references as to what they want!

On that we agree. Whatever is in my mind is irelevant. ATF wuld need to define it. They never have, to my knowledge. WHICH is typical of tyrants .... make laws, poorly define them, then prosecute them with $10,000 / 10 year punishments.

But AGAIN.... the smart money always was ...if yer gonna shoulder your brace alot / at all ..... DON'T POST #&@*$ PICS / VIDS ON THE INTERNET.

Reactions: Voyager1
ThatS the biggest dis-advantage besides not being listed in a government database. The ATF however like ANY GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRACY SEES MILLIONS OF DOLLARS NOT GOING Into THEIR COFFERS. I think they could care less about whether it’s an SBR or a pistol!
Why did the US government arrest Al Capone? Because he was an illegal bootlegger? WRONG...
WORSE! HE WAS A TAX CHEAT!
JMHO
Unless I'm mistaken, you have to notify the ATF if you take an SBR out of state. You don't have to do that with a pistol. So it's not just a tax stamp issue.

Reactions: GetReal
On that we agree. Whatever is in my mind is irelevant. ATF wuld need to define it. They never have, to my knowledge. WHICH is typical of tyrants .... make laws, poorly define them, then prosecute them with $10,000 / 10 year punishments.

But AGAIN.... the smart money always was ...if yer gonna shoulder your brace alot / at all ..... DON'T POST #&@*$ PICS / VIDS ON THE INTERNET.

So, What year did you go through FLETC? How long have you been with BATFE?

Yeah and they made a plea deal with Capone, then used his plea testimony and turned around and prosecuted him anyways, because they are corrupt as hell. They do what they want regardless of the word of law or previous rulings. So who would ever want them to know what you have. They WILL use it to their absolute advantage eventually to deny us of our rights that our forefathers bestowed upon us. I’m no conspiracy theorist, just a realist!

Last edited:
Problem is even with something well defined there are those who chose to ignore it. I've heard briefs from police in the greater DC area that blowing a .12BCA at a sobriety checkpoint isn't enough for an arrest because there will be bigger arrests to fill their nightly quota still coming down the road. Or doing 15MPH over the speed limit in a residential area isn't enough for the traffic cop to put his coffee down because some asshole is going to be doing twice that sooner or later. To many self entitled jerks who think the laws don't apply to them is making things harder to live here.

And in the gun world there are people trying their hardest to get around NFA laws. Bump fire stocks, braces as stocks, solvent traps, ect. All are nudge & wink ways to get the NFA goody without getting a stamp. Add in the booming market of 80% lowers for ARs and Glocks, and the anti-Gun crowd will have a field day selling fear to the general population. And they will use any single event to paint all legal gun owners in a bad light to hurts us all.

I don’t even see what you are trying to prove get real? Are you saying the 2012 and 2015 rulings somehow negate the 2017 last and so far final decision? It makes no sense, yet you hurl insults calling me a moron, grade school dropout and kindergarten dropout, yet can’t understand a basic timeline of the whole argument you make. Say I argue like a liberal, talk crap saying I probably post dumb ass videos. My argument is fact based. The links you post flat out prove my point. Situational, occasional, whatever whatever. It is NOT ILLEGAL as per their 2017 ruling. Have fun with the KY jelly at your work retreat, ha.

ppl ... no need to come out the closet and post all about your anal homosex fettishes.

We'd rather not know about it.

Keep your sex life out of the discussion.

Last edited:
Awww did you get your feelings hurt! Maybe you shoulda kept your mouth shut and kept the insults to yourself if you can’t handle the truth.

So, situational shouldering is ok? Like, the only situation where the brace touches my shoulder is when I aim and fire my pistol. So, I’m good, right?

Reactions: Tactical trashcan
Y’all getting worked up over a letter from a politician that doesn’t have any facts to back it up.

Except for Gaetz mentioning it without any further explanation, there has literally been zero information even hinting at an ATF clarification.

Take this to bear pit if you insist on arguing it any further without some sort of factual basis for the emotional arguments.

So, situational shouldering is ok? Like, the only situation where the brace touches my shoulder is when I aim and fire my pistol. So, I’m good, right?

Per the available info, we have no reliable definition for what the 2015 or 2017 rulings mean as far as "occasional"

Best guess is it will mean whatever the ATF needs it to mean.

Per the available info, we have no reliable definition for what the 2015 or 2017 rulings mean as far as "occasional"

Best guess is it will mean whatever the ATF needs it to mean.

Yes we do. There have already been cases as far back as 2018 where juries have found defendants not guilty of violating NFA via using a pistol brace.

Not to mention, even if by some chance they did reverse their interpretation, the minute it went to court:

“ladies and gentlemen of the jury, while it may appear in these pics and videos my client has the pistol brace in his shoulder, there was in fact a small gap.”

Ain’t nobody going to jail over a pistol brace. At worse it would be an additional charge to someone doing much more serious shit.

People arguing over spilled milk.

Reactions: kindabitey
Not to mention, even if by some chance they did reverse their interpretation, the minute it went to court:

“ladies and gentlemen of the jury, while it may appear in these pics and videos my client has the pistol brace in his shoulder, there was in fact a small gap.”

Ain’t nobody going to jail over a pistol brace. At worse it would be an additional charge to someone doing much more serious shit.

People arguing over spilled milk.

Leaving my fate in the hands of a jury from a populace that thinks Taylor Swift is an awesome singer and musician is not a good plan.

:)

Leaving my fate in the hands of a jury from a populace that thinks Taylor Swift is an awesome singer and musician is not a good plan.

:)

About as good a plan as attempting to have the last word when you’ve been confronted with facts that make your two pages of bullshit moot.

I was contemplating contributing to this thread, but Yikes ! Decided to watch from the grandstands instead. Pass the popcorn please.

Reactions: IrishWind
NO!!!

All of that stuff should never be restricted in the first place!!!

You kids sound like you dont even understand the words “shall not be infringed”.

Cant even.

gotta go pull a lever and make ammo to relax.

Go ahead and take that non-registered full auto SBR with homemade can out. And when the ATF puts you on trial, let us know how that argument works.

This discussion reminds me of most of ATF "opinion papers" and rulings; 922r, a bumpstock is a machine gun, AR15 lowers are a "firearm", a "shockwave" isn't a shotgun/AOW or an SBS, a "silencer" is a firearm, the list goes on. The ATF is rampant with confusion, opinions and is designed to be just that. Prosecute when WE want and keep the citizens in their place where they belong, they are the overlords over the 2a. Don't forget fellas the 2a was one vote away with Heller of being in the dustbin of history. Elections have consequences one only needs to look at 2020 and even worse SCOTUS...........
United we stand divided we fall!!

This discussion reminds me of most of ATF "opinion papers" and rulings; 922r, a bumpstock is a machine gun, AR15 lowers are a "firearm", a "shockwave" isn't a shotgun/AOW or an SBS, a "silencer" is a firearm, the list goes on. The ATF is rampant with confusion, opinions and is designed to be just that. Prosecute when WE want and keep the citizens in their place where they belong, they are the overlords over the 2a. Don't forget fellas the 2a was one vote away with Heller of being in the dustbin of history. Elections have consequences one only needs to look at 2020 and even worse SCOTUS...........
United we stand divided we fall!!

Exacly. And as we fight and vote and work to oppose ATF's tyranny.... don't provide them the pics and vids shouldering (edit) braces, re: which they have been "rampant with confusion."

Last edited: