• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ATF to deny trust applications? When?

jdknotts1

Sergeant
Minuteman
I'm in the market for a can. Actually out of the market as I will be purchasing it in the next few days.

But, I keep reading threads mentioning the ATF will soon not accept applications via trust. Has this happened yet? If not, when is this change suspected to happen?

Makes me curious that if I go through the effort for the trust and submit the app, and 3 months down the line they do away with the trust exception, I have a feeling our current administration would love nothing more than to cancel my app.

Thoughts?

If anything is changed the earliest it will go into effect would be June from what I have seen. Get your form in now if you can.

where have you heard this?

do you have links?

Check out this post:

icon4.png
Final Action on ATF 41P Not Expected Until June 2014

it is my understanding from reading posts for the last few weeks that you can still do a trust, but the ATF wants the CLEO sign off, finger prints, photos for everyone listed on the trust. and everytime you make a new purchase, you have to do do that everytime.

You don't need anything extra unless 41p passes. I still don't know why everyone is acting like it is for sure going to pass either. I would not be surprised if it doesn't blow over.

They have to read a lot of comments on why this should not be instated. Lot of good lawyers are lining up to challenge the change, if it even happens.

Last edited:
So if my trust is being made now, and I have it within a week, and my suppressor gets from the manufacturer to my local class 3 dealer by March 1, and I send my form 4 in at that point...what will happen to my application based on this 41p ruling

So if my trust is being made now, and I have it within a week, and my suppressor gets from the manufacturer to my local class 3 dealer by March 1, and I send my form 4 in at that point...what will happen to my application based on this 41p ruling

The ATF will come to your house, kick in your door, take your suppressor, rape your dog, and make you start all over again... under the new rules.

The ATF will come to your house, kick in your door, take your suppressor, rape your dog, and make you start all over again... under the new rules.

Well thanks for that. I'm only asking because why should I pay $500 fucking dollars tomorrow for a trust that won't get me shit come June

Please tell me how 6 months from now the ATF is gonna kick your application back to you when today you filed it legally ? No where in any writing does it say they will retroactively enforce this...

Try using common sense.

Well thanks for that. I'm only asking because why should I pay $500 fucking dollars tomorrow for a trust that won't get me shit come June

You shouldn't pay 500 for a trust that's absurd. You can get nfa specific trusts done for 2-300 from plenty of other places.

Please tell me how 6 months from now the ATF is gonna kick your application back to you when today you filed it legally ? No where in any writing does it say they will retroactively enforce this...

Try using common sense.

Because if it isn't processed by the time they implement changes, they could kick it back. Sound possible? At this day and age. . . It does to me.

Then chicken little, don't spend the money on a trust... if you are that paranoid, and believe along with the backlog the ATF is gonna selectively pull your application out. refrain.

It's pretty simple, if you don't trust the system, don't operate within it.

Not to mention eforms are going through in a little over 90 days so if youre that worried then get off your butt and get your trust done then submit on whatever NFA items you want. It will be cleared before the date that this could possibly go into effect.

Keep in mind that the entire NFA community has their livelihoods at stake so if this does go through, a lawsuit will be filed immediately and the rule will be void until a ruling is made in the courts. Which as Im sure you all know, nothing is fast that has to go through the courts and I doubt this case would stop short of the SCOTUS due to the states rights argument that can be made about this affecting state trust laws, regardless of the firearms aspect of it.