• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon Ares G2 15-45x65

TN Shooter

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2018
Tennessee
Looking for input from anyone who has this spotter and how it compares to something like the Vortex Viper HD.

You should also check out the new maven spotter when comparing to ares.

I have a Viper HD 15-45 HD that will be sent back to where my wife purchased it. The Vortex hype is hype. Disappointed in this scope but I also didn’t have any input when she bought it for me because it was an anniversary gift. Had I known I wouldn’t have let her even entertain the idea of Vortex. Cameraland is getting a call Friday morning to discuss either a Kowa or an Athlon. @gr8fuldoug is going to get my money.

I've got the ARES w/Angled Eyepiece and really like it. Of course, my side-by-side comparison has been an old Bushnell 25X spotting scope that I've had for 30+ years. I'll be at my my favorite LR Range this weekend and in the presence of other top name optics to make a good comparison.
I have the 24X Mil Reticle Eyepiece on back order and with it can really make an eval.

Doug just took my order for the angled version with mil eyepiece. I've been in the market for my first spotter for a few months, but couldn't find the right one until this Ares. Lightweight, compact, AND has a mil reticle for a 65mm scope! I think they may be the only ones (aside from the old Bushnell or MK4), and it sounds like their price and quality make this the only option.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug