• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 Riflescope, your choice of MIL or MOA, reduced to only $269.99

gr8fuldoug

Supporting Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2006
Old Bethpage NY
www.cameralandny.com
Camera_Land-728x90-12220.gif

5c4647d73d868775d61ec26b_logo300.png

5e14aeaa2f2e0114faea1d9a_athlon-logo.png

Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 Riflescope, your choice of MIL or MOA, reduced to only $269.99

For those of you that are just getting started in the PRS or are looking to start, take a close look at the Argos BTR family of scopes. These scopes have features normally only found on high-end scopes. It has a 4x magnification that makes it versatile in multiple shooting disciplines. It has our Advanced Fully-Multi Coated Optics that delivers a crystal clear bright image in in dark environments. The Argos BTR also has our exclusive XPL coating that protects your lenses from dirt, grease and harsh weather conditions. The 6061T6 aircraft grade aluminum tube will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it. WE just didn’t build the Argos BTR to just perform well optically we also built in features that make easy to adjust for any shot you have to take. These scopes have Side Parallax Adjustment to give you the ability to adjust to any ranged right at your fingertips. This along with the variety of first focal plane reticles give you easy elevation and windage adjustments.

FEATURES
First Focal Plane Reticle: First focal plane design allows you to fully utilize specially designed reticles that shrink or grow along with your target as you zoom in or out. These reticles offer quick target engagement at low power while offering precise holdover positions with finer details.

Illuminated Reticle: The illuminated reticle provides greater visibility during dusk and dawn and other low ambient light environment.

Etched Glass Reticle: Reticle etched on the glass that provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil

Fully Multicoated: Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses

6061 T6 Aluminum: The 6061T6 aircraft grade aluminum tube that has exceptional strength and superior mechanical integrity will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it.

Heat Treated One Piece Tube Construction: Heat treated one piece tube gives the scope extra strength over multi-piece tubes. A one piece tube also is better at keeping moisture out thus keeping your scope fog proof for the life of the product

Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the scope in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater

Fog proof: Fog proof to allow you to immediately engage your target when you take your rifle to cold ambient temperature from warm inside

Shockproof: Robust mechanical system with special designs on both control and erector system that give you the ultimate recoil resistance to withstand 1000G recoil for 1000 times.

Argon Purged: Argon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability.

We've got MANY other deals going on so please just give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss the Optic, Camera or Tripod you're looking for and we will hook you up.

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug1 :)

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com

1581086602272.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1500varmint
Sweet deal ! I ordered one for a budget rifle Ive been putting together.Really nice people to deal with! I will be mounting this on a savage 110 tactic 300 win mag dropped in a MPA chassis. IMO this scope has some very nice features for the cost! including a good warranty. Some of my retired shooting buddy's have had this scope since there beginning with no problems and they go to our range every couple days all year long. Thanks for the good deal Camera Land!

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
How much for the Argos BTR 10-50x54 Gen 1 or Gen2?

I meant 10-40x56, but see you have that on your website. I'll give you a ring.

Hey Doug - New around here but have been lurking for a bit and finally decided to test the waters of precision shooting. I am taking an "entry level" approach and just picked up a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 CM as my first bolt gun. I have only ever shot out to 100 yards with a 10/22 that was 1MOA capable. I came across a video by Athlon titled something along the lines of "1,000 yards for $1,000" and they had the Talos BTR 4-14x44 mounted on the same RAP I just purchased. They also had the Argos BTR 6-24x50 on a Savage 110 ringing steel out to 1,000 yards as well.

That being said, I am up in New Hampshire and will probably spend most of the time shooting at 300 yards (max at my local range) with occasional opportunities to go a bit longer. Is it worth spending the extra money on the Argos even at my novice level and shorter range? I am guessing this pricing was for the Gen 1 so there may be a deeper discussion around cost-benefit. I am not much of a hunter so I am only really concerned about bench shooting. I did some poking around on your site and it looks like the Warne Maxima Horizontal rings should work just fine for me as well. After taking the time to type this maybe I should just pick up the phone! 😄

Hey Doug - New around here but have been lurking for a bit and finally decided to test the waters of precision shooting. I am taking an "entry level" approach and just picked up a Ruger American Predator in 6.5 CM as my first bolt gun. I have only ever shot out to 100 yards with a 10/22 that was 1MOA capable. I came across a video by Athlon titled something along the lines of "1,000 yards for $1,000" and they had the Talos BTR 4-14x44 mounted on the same RAP I just purchased. They also had the Argos BTR 6-24x50 on a Savage 110 ringing steel out to 1,000 yards as well.

That being said, I am up in New Hampshire and will probably spend most of the time shooting at 300 yards (max at my local range) with occasional opportunities to go a bit longer. Is it worth spending the extra money on the Argos even at my novice level and shorter range? I am guessing this pricing was for the Gen 1 so there may be a deeper discussion around cost-benefit. I am not much of a hunter so I am only really concerned about bench shooting. I did some poking around on your site and it looks like the Warne Maxima Horizontal rings should work just fine for me as well. After taking the time to type this maybe I should just pick up the phone! 😄
lol, I am in till 6, please give me a call to discuss it, 516-217-1000

Just want to send a shout out to Doug at Camera Land. After posting here I called and spoke with him about the options I was looking at. Placed the order on the spot and it just showed up to my door less than 48 hours later. Can't beat that!

Doug do you anticipate seeing the Gen 1's available at some point again or are they all purged from inventories? Thanks

Sure am glad I called Doug that was about as easy and quick a process as it gets.....Gen 2 on the way to FL with a great deal. Thanks Doug