• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 issues

Rimshot45

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2020
Hi all. Just joined. Stumbled on SH when I was researching scopes and rifles for long(ish) distance shooting. Good stuff! Bought a CZ 527 MTR in .223 and the above scope. After firing each round the scope loses focus and needs to have the parallax re-adjusted. Anyone else experience this?
Thanks in advance.

I have not experienced this myself but have heard of it occurring.

Send it to Athlon, they will make it right for you.

I have had my Argos BTR Gen2 for about a month on a 22 rimfire - no change in focus on mine, but I'm not really pounding it with a 22 either.

Reactions: Cjt1983
Hi all. Just joined. Stumbled on SH when I was researching scopes and rifles for long(ish) distance shooting. Good stuff! Bought a CZ 527 MTR in .223 and the above scope. After firing each round the scope loses focus and needs to have the parallax re-adjusted. Anyone else experience this?
Thanks in advance.

If a 223 is causing the scope to loose focus something is very wrong, call Athlon they will take care of it.

This has me curious as I am debating one of the argos for my .308 since it is FFP and a pretty nice price point. Is this a common problem?