• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Athlon Cronus spotting scope

Travis224

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2010
Council Bluffs, Iowa
I haven't seen much of a comparison of this spotting scope vs other brands and was looking for a current opinion on how good these are. I'm mostly interested in this for the reticle and rail mount for a red dot. Thanks!

So I have a angle razor, my buddy has elite tac bushnell and I have looked through the athlon at 2 matches now and it seems good. I like my razor focus knobs, the elite tac size and field of view (not to mention reticle) but the athlon did it’s job well.

If I was buying another one I would consider the elite tac. Let it be know my buddy had a ton of issues with bushnell CS when he had to get a couple of legends fixed, it was bad.

Reactions: Travis224
If they are close in price I'd lean towards the razor it'll hold it's value better than the athlon. For 1500 I'd personally get a used non HD Swarovski. IMO plenty of Chinese knockoffs will get you close to or equal the performance of vortex for less money. I have a vanguard it's a great performer for it's price tag.
Edited to add that the resell of these lesser known optic company will not hold thier resell value.

Well, I just received the Cronus, it's got some weight to it, I really like the reticle, and at 150yds I can easily spot .22 holes in a dead tree I use for testing my wind calls for practice. So far I like it and I was able to get a clean enough picture I could see the screw heads in the posts of my neighbors (white) deck at 600 yards. For the price and reticle, I think it will suit me quite well. Only reason id see getting a higher msrp spotter is either for more magnification, or just a good price on a used model. Overall I'd say 8.5 out of 10.

Reactions: Steel head