• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon laser range finders.

TNSleeper99

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2019
Question for the group, I have a Midas 1 mile range finder. It is very accurate as far as I can tell. Mine is soooo sensitive to movement it’s almost unusable! Has anyone else experienced this. I have to be on a tripod to range anything at any distance, I was shooting prone yesterday and used my top turret to stabilize and it took me about 25-30 attempts to range a berm at 900 yards. It’s not like I was lazing a small target. I know there is a lot of Athlon haters out there, but I don’t have Terrapin money. Has anyone else tried the Athlon range finders with success?

Following, was thinking of buying this unit as I am a member of the Poorz club.
I have a lot of Athlon products and this is the first one that has let me down. I know there will be a lot of “you get what you pay for” responses. But I have scopes from the Argos to the Cronus and they all offer best value in price range in my opinion.

Reactions: longshot2000
i don't have an athlon , but my sig bdx3000's have to be fairly stable the farther out i range. I usually have to stablize my hand/arm against something

We have sold dozens and dozens of that unit with great feedback. Please give me a call, 516-217-1000, and I'll connect you with my rep at Athlon to take care of this for you. Whether you bought it through us or not, please call. Sounds like there's an issue with that 1 unit.
Thanks for the offer. I can send it in to them, their customer service is second to none. I was just more asking if this is what is to be expected for the price point, as I don’t have much experience with range finders, and every other Athlon product that I’ve owned has far exceeded expectations for the money.

Thanks for the offer. I can send it in to them, their customer service is second to none. I was just more asking if this is what is to be expected for the price point, as I don’t have much experience with range finders, and every other Athlon product that I’ve owned has far exceeded expectations for the money.
It's a quality unit. You might have just gotten one with an issue that they will instantly address for you, no worries

I have been very impressed with athlon scopes. Good cake to cost ratio. Well kept secret. Pri ably Viper PST quality fir less money.

I have not been impressed with range finding. Fir me, Sig impresses the living shit out of me, followed by Keupold, with Sig having a wide lead.

I have been very impressed with athlon scopes. Good cake to cost ratio. Well kept secret. Pri ably Viper PST quality fir less money.

I have not been impressed with range finding. Fir me, Sig impresses the living shit out of me, followed by Keupold, with Sig having a wide lead.
I love my Athlon scopes and my Cronus Bino’s, have them ranging all the way from Argos to the Gen2 Cronus BTR. They are amazing for the price. I have a bunch of their cheap red dots and they have been great as well. I will absolutely continue to recommend their scopes, but I’m still on the fence on this 1-mile range finder. I should have plenty of time to ring it out over the next week while attending a long range training course. I turned all the functions off except line of sight distance, it seems to do well at short distances provided the target is centered in the aiming point. Maybe I’m just not steady enough, maybe my unit has an issue. Time will tell.