• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Athlon Optics....Hmmm...

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Kinda BS if it's true...

MK machining post.png

Not a big fan of the Chinese and their shady business practices, at all. We're in a trade war.

I've bought a bunch of good stuff from MKM. Tyler is one of us.

To see the Chi Coms steal his designs and fuck him is completely beyond the pale. I wouldn't buy a stolen Chi Com Atlas, and now I'll never spend another penny with Athlon after they steal Tyler's designs and fuck him out of the deal. Appearently they don't care about this market and the people in it who shoot, because this is total bullshit. I have zero stake, but I feel like I've been stolen from.

Plenty of other scopes out there (including Chi Com ones) so you don't have to give your money to traitorous fucking thieves.

giphy.gif

I have Athlon scopes that I bought right after they came to the market. Now I've made it a habit to quit buying Chinese manufactured goods when I have other options. Particularly since this Wuhan BS and now this. WTF?

We do cut off our nose to spite our face.

That’s just wrong. This industry is too small and information too easily spread online for screwing people over like that Athlon.

I didn’t even know about MKM until I clicked on this tread. Looks like they have some neat stuff I’m very likely to buy in the future, that turret magnifying ring looks interesting.

That’s just wrong. This industry is too small and information too easily spread online for screwing people over like that Athlon.

I didn’t even know about MKM until I clicked on this tread. Looks like they have some neat stuff I’m very likely to buy in the future, that turret magnifying ring looks interesting.
    Their turret magnifiers are the shitznitz for us older guys...

I have Athlon scopes that I bought right after they came to the market. Now I've made it a habit to quit buying Chinese manufactured goods when I have other options. Particularly since this Wuhan BS and now this. WTF?

We do cut off our nose to spite our face.
    You realize the KungFlu was designed by, developed by, funded by, and distributed by Fauci (an American), Bill & Melinda Gates, all the world governments (including our own) under the NWO's Agenda 2030 and the World Climate Organization psychos in an attempt to depopulate the earth to cut down on "climate change" by reducing our carbon footprint, right?

Look up all the Bill Gates videos on YouTube where he's talking about "innovating to zero" and "the next pandemic" and many many others! Some came out almost 15 years ago. They've been planning it a long time.

I know some will laugh and tell me I need to go make another tinfoil hat, but open your damn eyes, do some research for yourself, and see what is going on right in front of your face, that the government and the mainstream media are covering up for them. If most of you knew the sick and disgusting things our government and alphabet agencies do on a daily basis, you would be ready to revolt tonight. It will turn your stomach and give you nightmares. But I think everyone should do the research to realize that ALL the world's governments, billionaires, and elites are in on this...Not just China. They're ALL guilty.

I bet your "American-made" truck has more chinese parts in and on it, than it does truly American-made parts on it. The world's reliance on China is scary. You really can't avoid it. That's why I don't worry so much about that shit. I don't like it, but it's a sad fact of life these days.

Last edited:
    Too bad. I was satisfied with my Cronus. Oh well back to Leupold/Nightforce/S&B.

It has been brought to our attention that the throw levers we are receiving from a 3rd party manufacturer share a resemblance to a product offered by MK Machining. These throw levers were intended to be a free accessory for a majority of our riflescope lines starting January 2022. We are refusing any incoming shipments and scrapping any inventory currently on hand of this item. Please bear with us while this product goes through a redesign for 2022 and more details to follow for the official launch date. Thank you! Athlon Optics

It has been brought to our attention that the throw levers we are receiving from a 3rd party manufacturer share a resemblance to a product offered by MK Machining. These throw levers were intended to be a free accessory for a majority of our riflescope lines starting January 2022. We are refusing any incoming shipments and scrapping any inventory currently on hand of this item. Please bear with us while this product goes through a redesign for 2022 and more details to follow for the official launch date. Thank you! Athlon Optics
    Still shady shit, do much for the Cronus I was looking at. Definitely better companies that don’t pull shady shit and the insult or intelligence with the above statement.

Reactions: FuhQ
    Why do you all keep blaming the Chinese?Athlon is an American company that gets scopes made in China and Japan.

So you’re just finding out about this? You did not know that MKM makes the EXACT SAME throw lever? Athlon has never received an MKM one and knows nothing about this? Really? Look at the two pictures. They’re identical down to the tiniest details. They scanned it and 3D printed it. They didn’t even change the surface texture, nothing.

It’s $20!!! Your top end scopes are over $1,500! No one is going to notice $20, but I’m sure you could order a bunch and get them for $10. Yes, I’m sure it can be made with slave labor for $1 shipped, but you have to steal it, and it sounds like you didn’t even try to negotiate a deal.

Do you think the fix is to alter it a bit, maybe change the textures, so it doesn’t look EXACTLY like the MKM? There is a fix, but that ain’t it.

The fix is in. Just dont buy stuff from shady people.

LOTS of companies are shady AF when it comes down to a few more dollars to be made per item, as they see the long game of financial growth.

What these pricks forgot, is the shooting community, while there is the percent who are oblivious, are largely a very PRO-AMERICAN and PATRIOTS and would rather spend a few extra $ to support a business making things stateside.

This guy is just like a politician. It was fine until he was caught. He knew it, knew he was screwing Tyler and MKM, and didnt give a damn.

I'm not saying Tyler doesn't have a beef here, but there are only so many ways to make a throw lever.
    Some are aluminum, some polymer, some are 3-D printed.
    They ALL look very similar.

Reactions: Randall D
    You know you’ve made it when China copies your product.
    Don’t worry we’ll be at war with China very soon and you won’t see anything coming from china.

• Love
    Reactions: Tokay444 and FuhQ
    I'm not saying Tyler doesn't have a beef here, but there are only so many ways to make a throw lever.
    Yep, it's a ring with a post sticking out of it. How much different can they get? Who made the first throw lever? That person is the one that get to complain.

Reactions: Randall D
    I said the MKM finger shelf for their grip looked a lot like MPA's. Tyler's response was the same.

Keep in mind, though I'm now not likely to by an Athlon product (sure, they are a US-based company which makes it more shameful), three things are evident:
    1) scope throw levers are not "new"
    2) I believe MKM sells Athlon scopes
    3) MKM apparently sent a lever over to them.

Then the question becomes, did MKM send the throw to Athlon with a non-compete, proprietary design form or not? If so, then Athlon is likely 100% in the wrong here. Otherwise, this should be a lesson. NEVER send a part to a company for "pre-use" or what-have-you and not have a contract written out (sad we have to operate like that, but I'm sure we've all been burned 1x-2x).

Reactions: T-dog
    Burris XTR3's. You wont be disappointed. Colorado is still in America. Plus they're real nice. Ho yea fuck chinese products.
    IF and when they get illumination they'll be on my consider list. Perhaps a less busy tree too. Colorado is, well, technically still in America; but flaming out fast....or is that smoking out fast?

Reactions: HPIguy
    You realize the KungFlu was designed by, developed by, funded by, and distributed by Fauci (an American), Bill & Melinda Gates, all the world governments (including our own) under the NWO's Agenda 2030 and the World Climate Organization psychos in an attempt to depopulate the earth to cut down on "climate change" by reducing our carbon footprint, right?

Look up all the Bill Gates videos on YouTube where he's talking about "innovating to zero" and "the next pandemic" and many many others! Some came out almost 15 years ago. They've been planning it a long time.

I know some will laugh and tell me I need to go make another tinfoil hat, but open your damn eyes, do some research for yourself, and see what is going on right in front of your face, that the government and the mainstream media are covering up for them. If most of you knew the sick and disgusting things our government and alphabet agencies do on a daily basis, you would be ready to revolt tonight. It will turn your stomach and give you nightmares. But I think everyone should do the research to realize that ALL the world's governments, billionaires, and elites are in on this...Not just China. They're ALL guilty.

I bet your "American-made" truck has more chinese parts in and on it, than it does truly American-made parts on it. The world's reliance on China is scary. You really can't avoid it. That's why I don't worry so much about that shit. I don't like it, but it's a sad fact of life these days.
    The more people there are, the more difficult to control. Get rid of the old, weak and the opposition and you have a compliant slave population to support the elite. For those who think this is incorrect. Just wait, you will see that it is true.

Reactions: FuhQ
    The more people there are, the more difficult to control. Get rid of the old, weak and the opposition and you have a compliant slave population to support the elite. For those who think this is incorrect. Just wait, you will see that it is true.
    There’s a party in 2030 and half the world’s population isn’t invited.
    Theres more viruses coming.

If your budget is pinched, look at European, Taiwanese, or South Korean. At least all those despise the Chinese and I don't mind buying their products, if I can't afford American.

I mean, getting knocked off is kind of in the nature of 3D printing. For example sometimes you design a scope cap and sell it pretty successfully for years, and then some guy comes along and squares off some edges and sells it for $25 cheaper as his own design.

20211029_092536.jpg

Screenshot_20211029-092446_Chrome.jpg

Does this mean we don't get a chicom knockoff item free with our chicom scope?

• Haha
    Reactions: Fig and FuhQ
    I mean, getting knocked off is kind of in the nature of 3D printing. For example sometimes you design a scope cap and sell it pretty successfully for years, and then some guy comes along and squares off some edges and sells it for $25 cheaper as his own design.

View attachment 7730821

View attachment 7730822
    Holy fuck this is awesome! I like it when people cut the shit and deal with facts!
    If we’re gonna be real, let’s be fuckin real!

Last edited:

Exactly, funny how people quickly forget the past on here as it's a race to the bottom for the cheapest option. Kettle = Pot.