• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Athlon scope problems

BBB's function and job is to assist victims in mediation towards a positive resolution when companies that ripped you off doesn't give a flying fuck after they took your hard earned money and screwed you from behind.

If they agree to an amicable resolution that satisfies the pissed off customers, they did their job, if not, they give the companies an F rating just like how Bushnell currently has for screwing over so many customers mostly over not honoring their written warranty promises.

Athlon Optics has an A+ rating even with one complaint specifically about an Ares ETR.

If you're one to accept getting bent over and screwed royally after spending so much money then it's up to you to just eat it and remain silent and don't post anything on the BBB but there are people out there who like to or rather remain silent and laugh at all the idiots getting screwed over by the same company when they could have warned them all but chose not to.

Athlon endlessly sending me shitty scopes when they promise me they will check them before they send them out is not something I want to experience even further by getting the BBB involved. I sold the NIB scopes and will never buy Athlon again. I will also try to make sure no one else does.

I have chosen how I want to handle it. Fuck off.

If you got fucked over by Athlon WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GO TO THE BBB BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ONLINE AND FILE A FORMER COMPLAINT SO NO ONE ELSE GETS BUTT FUCKED OVER AS YOU DID AT LEAST WARN EVERYONE TO AVOID THE ARES ETR LINE AT ALL COST.

You can buy your rating with the BBB, it's a worthless rating.

Athlon in Kansas City should be doing the quality control. Scopes don't drop ship from China.
I had some NIB Athlon Cronus binos that had mis-aligned barrels, noticed something was screwy the instance I looked throught them.

If someone from Athlon did QC on them, they were either drunk or look like crazy eyes from Mr Deeds.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
I just put a battery in my Vortex Strike Eagle and couldn't be happier. I don't understand the scope picture being solid red. On the Vortex Strike Eagle just the center of the reticle is red, and it will work well in low light conditions. Haven't put a battery in my Athlon, maybe I better.

Athlon endlessly sending me shitty scopes when they promise me they will check them before they send them out is not something I want to experience even further by getting the BBB involved. I sold the NIB scopes and will never buy Athlon again. I will also try to make sure no one else does.

I have chosen how I want to handle it. Fuck off.
Please go ahead and use the ignore/block member function on me right now so you never have to see any future posts of mine. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
Please go ahead and use the ignore/block member function on me right now so you never have to see any future posts of mine. Thank you.

Or you could do everyone a favor and use the “log out” function and never log back in. Nobody needs to hear your piss poor advice on shitty Chinese optics, complaints to BBB that do nothing, and suggestions to use retailers to test and return gear. You’re a liability to society.

If you got fucked over by Athlon WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GO TO THE BBB BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ONLINE AND FILE A FORMER COMPLAINT SO NO ONE ELSE GETS BUTT FUCKED OVER AS YOU DID AT LEAST WARN EVERYONE TO AVOID THE ARES ETR LINE AT ALL COST.

I really wanted to post a bunch of honest complaints to the BBB after Athlon refused to upgrade me after I expressed my total dissatisfaction regarding two of their shitty Argos BTR 6-24x50 scopes to their warranty customer service people maybe I still should just to warn everyone to avoid their Argos BTR due to their shitty glass.

It's for a forever documentation for the entire world to read so nobody else gets screwed over for the same thing.

Blanket statement regarding Athlon and their entire line of Chinese optics isn't beneficial nor called for because you haven't personally tried them all yourself.

I personally own 7 Athlon scopes and another 2 more Midas Tac 6-24x50's just bought yesterday from a very nice seller for $700 for 2 in like new/as new with boxes etc including extras such as flip up lens covers and bubble levels and even a sunshade thrown in for another scope I have. Aside from the 2 shitty Argos (which are actually supposed to be shitty anyway as per Athlon customer service) I have zero complaints regarding QC and reliability and I've even used the shitty Argos on heavy recoiling guns and they don't seem to want to break. A buddy of mine wants to sell me his Athlon Argos ARE YOU SHITTING ME??? But for really dirt cheap because he thinks it's pretty shitty too.

SO JUST AVOID THE ARGOS 6-24X50 AND ARES ETR 3-18X50 AND 1-10X.
I'd say just avoid all overpriced Chinese Athlon Ares ETRs regardless if they're on sale because they're still a huge ripoff when they go on sale. Remember they are STILL MADE IN CHINA.

I can personally vouch for the Midas Tac 6-24x50 when paying $450 new or $350 used including extras and the Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 for $565.49 brand new haven't had any issues with any of mine. Perfect repeatable reliable tracking with fantastic glass and very hard to believe THESE SPECIFIC SCOPES were made in China. My only nit pick is they don't even include lens covers or a sunshade and must be purchased separately for additional cost.

In any case buy Chinese made scopes including these Athlons ONLY WHEN they have ridiculously cheap sale prices or buy them used when you find really good deals and only from trusted respectable sellers. I think it's totally insane to spend more than $600 on ANY scope made in CHINA. They probably cost around $100 give or take to manufacture in CHINA with all the slave labor and inhumane working conditions going on over there that's why you see bad batches here and there.
As a general rule, its not worth it to pay attention to anyone who yells the name of a country as an intended insult, nor is it worth it to give credence to one who doesnt know what things cost, yet tries to quote said costs based on imaginary "knowledge".

Last edited:
Damn you sure do get touchy when someone doesn’t respond to your chinesium ramblings for a few months.

Why would he waste his time filing a meaningless complaint to the BBB? Do you think the “JuSt As GoOd” crowd like yourself that’s brainwashed in fanboyism would give a single fuck? No they wouldn’t.
FACTS. Athalon goofs are like olight fanboys lmao

Wow- I just found this thread. AFTER I just bought an ARES ETR 3-18. Luckily, mine does not have these issues and seems crystal clear.
Coincidentally, I was looking for warranty / cs feedback as I am having to send back a Cronus BTR (gen1) since it has poor focus/resolution past 50 yards. It can't resolve anywhere near as sharp as this new Ares ETR or my Gen1 PST. Not too broken up about it though as this is a 2nd hand Cronus and I can use the Ares ETR in the mean time.