• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas bipod for bench only

Rempel was just an example of a good bipod designed for F-Class/benchrest/prone ie not a tactical bipod. They are more stable and normally allow you to micro-adjust the height and the cant.
other examples are available from:
Tier One
SEB
Sinclair
Dolphin
Thanks for info, wish i’d of talked to you before i bought atlas . I’d like to see one of those biguns someday but i’d have to re do my bench if i had one and i think the atlas will be ok after talking to customer service.

They are very wide (by design) so need a lot of space, but are much more stable than the Atlas models. Horses for courses.
This is what the Dolphin looks like :)
1579818867314.png

Attachments

• 1579818879388.png
    1579818879388.png
    4 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: Cuzz
I bought the bt65 lw 17 the only problem is that the cant lock doesn’t lock. As i move from one side of a target to the other, i like to lean the rifle to pick up a foot to relieve stress. When i lean the rifle i change cant because cant lock doesn’t really lock. The lever works, it will go from floppy to tight but not locked, Im afraid this is normal.

Why are you leaning a rifle to move horizontally? Cant you slide it left or right with shoulder as pivot point?

Mine is the same. It doesn't lock up like my Harris.

So to adjust Pre-tension, remove the pod-loc, there is a nylok nut, you can adjust PRE-TENSION with this nut then re-instal the Pod-loc which gives you a lever to ADD tension. You cannot "lock" a CAL bipod using a Pod-Loc, you can just add tension same with the Harris. The more you tighten the Pod-Loc the more tension. This is the way the CAL was designed to operate under more or less tension, but not to lock making it "normal" for the CAL. Another consideration is the users hand strength, is the end user able to apply enough torque to get desired tension.

Sincerely, if you are committed to bench shooting, why use a bipod at all? Why not use a machine rest? If you plan to go into the field and shoot off a bipod, then use gear and techniques that transfer to the field.

Reactions: Steel head