• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Atlas bipod on AICS

mdbiddy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2011
Canada
How are people mounting their Atlas Bipods their AICS, are you using the the BT10-NC on to the BT-19 spigot, using the BT10-LW17 with a different mount or may be BT10-LW17 with a BT-19 & BT-20 rail combo?
Been looking at the Atlas extension legs to, any comments on them?

Cheers

Re: Atlas bipod on AICS

I've got BT-19, BT-20 with BT-10 Atlas. Really solid and useable setup.
I have the leg extensions but have never needed to use them.

I originally had the BT-19 with BT-10NC bipod which worked well too. The collars do rub on the skins when folded to the rear.

The spigot is the way to go as far as I am concerned.

Hope this helps.

My BT10-NC19 is a solid set up. The spigot into the AICS is what sold me on it.

Why did you change to the BT-19, BT-20, BT10 set up? and which BT10 are you using now???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you change to the BT-19, BT-20, BT10 set up? and which BT10 are you using now??? </div></div>

I had 2 AICS rifles with BT19/BT10NC (Bipod bolted directly to spigot), and 2 other rifles with BT10(2 screw clamp) on BT28 AFAR Rails.

I added the BT20 rails to the 2 BT19 spigots, moved the 2 BT10 Atlas bipods over to those rifles, and then added ADM-170S QR clamps to the BT10NC Atlas bipods (making them BT10-LW17) and moved them to the 2 rifles with the AFAR Rails.

This let me have QR bipods on the 2 AFAR railed rifles without having to buy and sell bipods.

So the AICS Spigot rifles have BT20 Rails on the spigot with the BT10 (2 screw clamp) bipods on them.

Hope this makes sense.

Spigot lowers your axis of rotation distance from the barrel bore and it also looks better in my opinion. I have two AICS guns and it is very easy to switch the Atlas to whichever gun I'm shooting.

I use the BT10/LW17 mounted to a Badger IMUNS lower rail. A solid mounting option and still easy to move to other rifles with lower rails.

Thanks for all your info, gave me peace of mind, I was pretty sure of what the set up would be like but thats never as good as hands on experience.