• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Atlas bipod, to lever or not to lever

c1steve

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
WA
If I am using an Atlas bipod on one rifle, would you choose the non-lever version or the lever version? This is going on an A5 McMillan. Thanks for your time.

Re: Atlas bipod, to lever or not to lever

I have both and prefer the lever over the non lever. Its a lot easier and worry free than messing with the screws. Just my .02.

Get the NC version and put it on a LaRue mount. Worth the extra money to have the flexibility in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You owe it to yourself to take a good look at this site before making your next throwlever-whatever decision.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/

Yes they make a mount that will work with the Atlas V8.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/105/ </div></div>Not only do they make a mount that will work with the Atlas, it is the standard mount on the v8 throw lever now. At least, as far as I know. They came with the last couple of Atlases I bought.

Okay, I just told Triad to send the lever version. Thanks all for the help.

Thanks Bob- I did not research it but thought the Atlas came with ARMS. Appreciate the clarification.

My ADM accessory mount tally is going up a bunch mid-week.

I thought I would only have one rifle once also.... $0.02

I got the one with the ADM mount from Steve @ Triad and love it!

I've got one of each and prefer the lever. Wish I would have got the lever on the first one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You owe it to yourself to take a good look at this site before making your next throwlever-whatever decision.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/

Yes they make a mount that will work with the Atlas V8.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/105/ </div></div>

I originally had an AI spigot and when I sold that rifle I bought a LaRue throw lever to put it on my AR10. I also own two ADM Recon scope mounts and as far as the lever system itself, I prefer the LaRue. Both lock up solid but the push button feature on the ADM is just a little more difficult to operate than the LaRue, IMO. Especially if you overtighten it. I tightened my first Recon mount one "click" too far and I had to use a screwdriver to pry the levers open. Went back a click and all was good.

That ADM lever mount is awesome

I own both versions and find that each has their place. The normal bolt on is actually lower profile and with the Atlas's greater length than a harris, will keep the rifle lower to the ground slightly. Good for competition when you need to be real low or for shooting off a bench that won't allow the legs to dig into dirt when proned.

The versatility of the ADM mount is very nice though and for those on a budget and needing to move the bipod from rifle to rifle, might make this option a no-brainer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for those on a budget and needing to move the bipod from rifle to rifle, might make this option a no-brainer. </div></div>

Lever...cause the rails are way cheaper than the bipods.

Have only had harris....gonna have to check out the atlas and I say put everything on a lever that you can put on a lever.

Well after much debate I went lever. I had a long talk with Kasey and decided to go lever. Now just have to wait for it to come in.

I waited what seemed like forever! It was right around the 10.5 week mark. Once I got it though, I was so amazed at the quality. It's worth the wait, without a doubt!

I just ordered a NC version and a LT171. I already have the LaRue/Harris BRMS combo and thought the clamp model might be more at home on the bolt gun and I could keep the Harris for AR use, but after some thought decided that I'd rather have just one superior bipod and the ability to easily remove it. QD emerged as a winner on every front for me.

I've got the Larue and the ADM - the ADM mechanism is easier and quicker to use compared to a Larue that is torqued up to get a tight fit. But both do the job.....