• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas bipod

LRA's are definitely the best. They make an Atlas look like a cheap toy. Atlas's are great for AR's and smaller caliber bolt guns but the recoil of anything 30-06 or bigger destroys them over time. I have 2 Atlas's that are damn near trashed from recoil and at $275 a pop, it's a big letdown.

Atlas bipods are great. Are they "the best"? Well it depends on what your planning on doing with them. For shooting prone, or off a bench, they are. For hunting they are not tall enough in my opinion. For tactical matches I prefer something quicker to deploy.
If Kasey would come out with a 24 inch model I'd be all over that! It would be the Ultimate hunting bipod.
I have 2 BT 10 models and love them. Very stable, easy to load and are tough as nails. You will not regret getting one!

LRA's are definitely the best. They make an Atlas look like a cheap toy. Atlas's are great for AR's and smaller caliber bolt guns but the recoil of anything 30-06 or bigger destroys them over time. I have 2 Atlas's that are damn near trashed from recoil and at $275 a pop, it's a big letdown.

I'm sure Kasey would love to take a look at those. He stands behind his product and if there is a problem with your Atlas, I'm sure he'll make it right.

Have you talked to him about your issue?

I've used one on several 300 Win Mags with no issues and thousands of rounds fired.

I'm sure Kasey would love to take a look at those. He stands behind his product and if there is a problem with your Atlas, I'm sure he'll make it right.

Have you talked to him about your issue?

I don't know Kasey but by your post I am sure he is the one who makes them??

I am not someone who would hold the manufacturer responsible for my abuse and I don't think they were intended to be used on a rifle that weighs over 15 pounds and has had 3,500 rounds fired down the barrel.

I am pretty hard on my toys, the rifles I shoot on a regular basis usually average 1,000 to 1,200 rounds fired in them a month. One particular rifle that wore out an Atlas was delivered in November and it is shot out and needs to go back to the smith for a rebarrel. I do a lot more shooting than most people, what I do in 1 month is usually a lot more than an active shooter will do in a year.

The Atlas bipod is still functional, just really loose. The nut designed to tighten the swivel does not do much, I tighten it, 10 rounds later its loose again. I cant seem to keep the legs square to the rifle anymore... It's just all over the place and even though it still works, it is very frustrating to use because if the constant need to fiddle with it.

The other one I have is an early generation Atlas, again, still functional, just really sloppy.

I have a 338 Lapua that weighs 19 pounds and I would not even think about putting an Atlas on it. I have two LRA's and no matter what punishment I try to inflict on them, they are rock solid. (But they are also $450 each)

I'd like to see Atlas make a scaled up version of it's product for heavy rifles and sell it for the same price then I would be sworn to it. $450 is a hard pill to swallow for a LRA bipod. Even the $225 for the Atlas is tough on the wallet when they don't last under extreme conditions. The only reason I will beg, borrow, and steal to get a LRA is because the quality. Those things are a work of art and you only have to buy those once and you will have them for life, they are just that good.

The Atlas bipod is still functional, just really loose. The nut designed to tighten the swivel does not do much, I tighten it, 10 rounds later its loose again. I cant seem to keep the legs square to the rifle anymore... It's just all over the place and even though it still works, it is very frustrating to use because if the constant need to fiddle with it.

The other one I have is an early generation Atlas, again, still functional, just really sloppy.

You have to load the bipod and a lot of that goes away.

I am not someone who would hold the manufacturer responsible for my abuse and I don't think they were intended to be used on a rifle that weighs over 15 pounds and has had 3,500 rounds fired down the barrel.

I am pretty hard on my toys, the rifles I shoot on a regular basis usually average 1,000 to 1,200 rounds fired in them a month. One particular rifle that wore out an Atlas was delivered in November and it is shot out and needs to go back to the smith for a rebarrel. I do a lot more shooting than most people, what I do in 1 month is usually a lot more than an active shooter will do in a year.

I have a 338 Lapua that weighs 19 pounds and I would not even think about putting an Atlas on it. I have two LRA's and no matter what punishment I try to inflict on them, they are rock solid. (But they are also $450 each)

I'd like to see Atlas make a scaled up version of it's product for heavy rifles and sell it for the same price then I would be sworn to it. $450 is a hard pill to swallow for a LRA bipod. Even the $225 for the Atlas is tough on the wallet when they don't last under extreme conditions. The only reason I will beg, borrow, and steal to get a LRA is because the quality. Those things are a work of art and you only have to buy those once and you will have them for life, they are just that good.

I admittedly have no experience with the LRA, so it may well be the best thing out there. From my experience, which doesn't sound comparable to yours, the Atlas has been great. I've never used one on anything heavier than a mk13, but mine have held up to years of hard use with no problems. Kasey is the owner and he really does listen to feedback. I'm sure he would love to talk to you and see if there is room to improve his product based on your experience. He does have a model that is designed around the heavier guns that has been in the works for quite some time. It may be more suitable for your use. Give him a call, I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you.

Kasey Beltz: (316) 721-3222

I have a 338LM at over 20lbs and have running a QD Atlas for over 18 months with no issues. Have them on all my rifles with never a failure.

I have a 338LM at over 20lbs and have running a QD Atlas for over 18 months with no issues. Have them on all my rifles with never a failure.

I shoot a 338LM with an Atlas Bipod and have zero issues.

Im sure I could mount one on my Barrett M82 and it would be just fine... Till I started shooting it with the same frequency as my most popular rifles. Any bipod will work fine on a lightly used rifle but there is only so much abuse a product can take. THe Atlas is a good product, it is not indestructable.

I think we are probably getting off topic from the OP's original question, are they the best?

locked up

I don't know if it's just mine but my atlas bipod came pretty much locked up as in too tight to cant or pivot at all. I ended up stripping the knob off trying to loosen it and had to send it for repair. They sent it back with the knob repaired but the joint was as tight as ever. I managed to lube it and get some movement when manipulating it with both hands but still way to tight to get any adjustment from behind the gun. Has anyone else had such an issue. I'm thinking this can't be normal.

Thanks,

Im sure I could mount one on my Barrett M82 and it would be just fine... Till I started shooting it with the same frequency as my most popular rifles. Any bipod will work fine on a lightly used rifle but there is only so much abuse a product can take. THe Atlas is a good product, it is not indestructable.

I love mine but as you say they aren't indestructible. I have had mine since 2010 I think and using it with a 243 and 338 LM. The top of the bipod legs rounded out and would no longer stay in place. I call B&T and they said send it in. They didn't have any old parts left to replace it but they said they could upgrade it for $50 which I said yes to. RHunter, I would call them and worse comes to worse you get new parts for maybe $50.

Well I have this stunning FDE cerakote finish on one of mine so I'd rather not swap it. It works fine on my 20" AR, just cant handle any of the big guns anymore. The other is a 2010 ish model as well.. Its AR worthy.. so its not like they are totally useless.

Like I mentioned, I am not going to hold the manufacturer accountable for my abuse. He/they make a good product. Its just not sturdy enough for my shooting habits. It's amazing how much "quality" gun stuff does not last very long when you shoot 2-3 days a week.

The OP asked if they were the best, when I compare them to a LRA, I have to say the LRA is the best of the two simply because it can take a shit-ton of abuse and still be rock solid. I have seen one on a McMillan 50 and it took that 25 pounds and recoil no problem...

Personally I don't understand why Atlas does not make a heavy duty model considering there are so few in the space. Scale up the design they have now... I just don't get it.

Well - ATLAS 5-H BIPOD - V10 -Heavy Duty 19

Considering that post was made in 2011, and it's 2014 and still no V10... I don't have a lot of faith. 3 years to market? I call that abandonment.

Dead Nutz - Thank you for your consideration and I'm absolutely biased towards the Atlas so I'll not comment on is it the best... I will suggest you consider YOUR application, shooting on square range, in the field or both, is weight a concern or not, will you be competing with it and whats the budget? The Atlas was designed to meet or exceed the bipod requirement for the military's SCAR program, the V8 does that. Our new PSR Atlas seems to have met the requirements for the new Precision Sniper Rifle (PSR) our military is getting. Admiringly I have designed our bipods with our military in mind, they deserve the best America can make and while I'll not make that statement about our bipod, we are at least trying to make our offerings the best they can be and introducing novel concepts like the 45 degree leg positions.

RHunter, I would love to see you "trashed" Atlas bipods! Please tell me what I can do to make that happen.

Regarding a "scaled-up" version of our current Atlas, that's done. The new PSR is a stronger bipod for heavier rifles yet is small. light and compact. There is a thread here- http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...08-new-atlas-bipod-way-updated-psr-model.html

Also, have faith! The 5-H has not been abandoned! We had a pototype at SHOT, google it for youtube stuff but here's a SH link to a thread and picture as well - http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ipment/91754-atlas-5-h-bipod-info-thread.html And here is another with more details - http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...9276-atlas-5-h-bipod-v10-heavy-duty-19-a.html

Fact is, we've been busy.

Thank you to one and all supporters of our products, we do not take your patronage lightly nor do we take it for granted and mberry223, thank you for your service and support.

Also, have faith! The 5-H has not been abandoned! We had a pototype at SHOT, google it for youtube stuff but here's a SH link to a thread and picture as well

Kasey, Having read a lot of your posts in the links you cited, I get the impression you are primarily focused on delivering product to the military, and if I were in your position I would as well. Obviously that is where the money is.

Unfortunately it also seems like your "heavier duty" models are also only going to be sold to the military for the foreseeable future?

Look, please don't take this the wrong way because I am the last person on the planet that would begrudge someone from making money off the government, I guess what I find to be a little off-putting about the HD product is you announced it over 3 years ago and still have no real plans on selling it to the public...

The PSR looks good, but unfortunately missed that offer... So that looks like something that will not be offered again anytime soon because of your contractual obligations???

I hope you can appreciate the frustration end users have waiting for a product that was announced 3 years ago and will ultimately not be available unless you have excess manufacturing capacity that is producing product not destined for the US military. There is no question in my mind you are a great guy and run a great company... Just frustrated with the "have a look at what we are doing" and never being able to get one more than I was when I simply thought you had no plans TO make a HD model.

I certainly do not want to appear as a Long Range Accuracy fanboy, he has his own production issues since he is a smaller operation but anytime I needed a bipod, I called him up and mailed him a check and I had the thing inside 2 weeks despite his orders from all the premium rifle builders. LRA takes care of the little guy, builds an amazing bipod, and never really gets anyone's expectations up over a new product, he simply makes it and says look at what I am doing NOW.

So after you fill that group buy from January, what options will people have that want one of your new bipods? Will any of your new designs be offered to the civilian market or are you strictly going to be a military contractor for awhile?

Take a look at the LRA Bipod. Sold both Atlas Bipods to get these bad boys and I am not going back.

Long Range Accuracy Ultra Light Scout Bipod for sale!

LRA for .50BMG or .408CT or other super magnums like that, or if you're a benchrest shooter or if you just like big heavy bipods like the LRA and don't mind dragging them around. LRA is great, peerless, there is no better out there --for the .50BMG and the like. I have one on my DTA HTI. A Harris wiggles under it like it's made of rubber. Atlas even told me to get the LRA, that the Atlas wouldn't stand up to the .50BMG.

But that it would stand up to .338LM and below, and that they have one in the works that will handle the .50BMG as well as a new one altogether (that uses legs like the LRA I think). I appreciated their honesty, that they didn't have an appropriate bipod yet but would have one in the future (which is likely about now).

I have a 6.5G AR that'll be getting some upgrades, and one of them will be an Atlas bipod. I plan on building a bolt gun, either a DTA SRS-A1 or on a Badger action, in .300RUM or .264WinMag, and I plan on using an Atlas. So use the LRA if the Atlas can't hold it, otherwise use the Atlas, and use the Atlas if the Harris can't hold it, otherwise use the Harris. That's my opinion anyway.

RHunter -

Sorry for your frustrations as that is not our desire.

For clarity, we make more money selling to the civilian market than we do to the military, a different business model but no less a fact. And we will be satisfying the SH buyers from the first production run and yes the balance of that run is sold. And yes we are producing more PSR's at a level beyond EXPECTED obligation so as to satisfy any civilian interests. However, as I do not know those numbers, I'll not say for sure we'll have them available by any given date. I will say we will be getting our current dealers PSR inventory BEFORE we sell them direct. (You might wonder why would we do that when we could make more money selling them direct, well its because we owe that to our dealers that have been loyal to us.)

I'll not try to explain the way I do business, but I'll respectfully suggest that if your were a parrot on my shoulder for the last 3 years you would have a better understanding of the dynamics that have influenced my decisions and its not money.

I'm not sure what bipod you are calling the "HD"? Is it the the PSR (that is a Heavy Duty V8)? Or are you talking about the 5-H?

On availability - please see above for the PSR. On the 5-H, we are going to make the needed changes and get some prototypes made and sent out for T&E and then go into production WHEN WE HAVE AVAILABLE MACHINE TIME. As noted in a thread here we are looking at a late fall time-frame due to lack of available machine time.

Last, SH is the only place you'll find me posting anything of the "have a look at what we are doing" nature. SH has been and continues to be the only forum I visit on a regular basis due to its level of content and membership. In fact, there has been at least one American Hero posted to this thread in a very unassuming way. I like that. SH is where I found out SOTIC was teaching our monopod in their classes years ago. SH is where we released the first generation Atlas as a token of our appreciation for all the input and support. SH is the ONLY place B&T will offer a group buy and that is only in a introduction. So my posting a look-see here is historical and has purpose not intended to be frustrating to the viewers but rather to share what one person, that became one company is doing for this community.

So what about my question?

"RHunter, I would love to see you "trashed" Atlas bipods! Please tell me what I can do to make that happen."

So what about my question?

"RHunter, I would love to see you "trashed" Atlas bipods! Please tell me what I can do to make that happen."

As I mentioned before, they are still functional, just really flimsy. Work great for the 2 AR's I have them on so I am not looking for a replacement. One has been custom cerakoted so I definitely don't want it replaced. In fact, I actually prefer the fact they are flimsy now because they pan/tilt better on a light rifle than a new one does.

The older model has the legs that did not have the push-button multiple position knuckle, it has the 3 position legs that had to be pulled to be moved. The pan-tilt has become extremely loose on both. Even with the nut on the bottom tight, both still pan/tilt with almost a breath. Not a big deal on an AR but on a 19# 338 Lapua it becomes a balancing act. I am confident it was recoil that just worked both of them loose. The Gen 1 model (for lack of actual part number) is just wore out, plain and simple. That thing has seen the pulse of at least 8,000 shots. Legs are damn near shot... it's just seen better days.

In my honest opinion your V8 really is best suited for a 308 or below or a rifle less than 15 pounds. Or one with recoil less than a 30-06. IF and only IF you are someone that shoots excessively. I almost want to say they are good to a specific round count on "X" rifle if that makes any sense. The constant rocking back and forth from a recoil pulse seems to be what wears them out. I definitely would not recommend them for a large magnum rifle like a 338 Lapua.

Maybe I am just an odd bird that shoots too much or maybe I am just one of those odd people that pushes the product to its limit because of how much I shoot. I am not criticizing so I hope you don't take it that way, just sharing my opinion/experience on the product.

If you have a problem with machine time... ever consider leasing more machines? :)

Last edited:
I fired off of a few atlas this weekend. I personally feel that these bipods are superior, but not by very much. However they will not make the shooter better which is the most important, but we are talking bipods.

I
As I mentioned before, they are still functional, just really flimsy. Work great for the 2 AR's I have them on so I am not looking for a replacement. One has been custom cerakoted so I definitely don't want it replaced. In fact, I actually prefer the fact they are flimsy now because they pan/tilt better on a light rifle than a new one does.

The older model has the legs that did not have the push-button multiple position knuckle, it has the 3 position legs that had to be pulled to be moved. The pan-tilt has become extremely loose on both. Even with the nut on the bottom tight, both still pan/tilt with almost a breath. Not a big deal on an AR but on a 19# 338 Lapua it becomes a balancing act. I am confident it was recoil that just worked both of them loose. The Gen 1 model (for lack of actual part number) is just wore out, plain and simple. That thing has seen the pulse of at least 8,000 shots. Legs are damn near shot... it's just seen better days.

In my honest opinion your V8 really is best suited for a 308 or below or a rifle less than 15 pounds. Or one with recoil less than a 30-06. IF and only IF you are someone that shoots excessively. I almost want to say they are good to a specific round count on "X" rifle if that makes any sense. The constant rocking back and forth from a recoil pulse seems to be what wears them out. I definitely would not recommend them for a large magnum rifle like a 338 Lapua.

Maybe I am just an odd bird that shoots too much or maybe I am just one of those odd people that pushes the product to its limit because of how much I shoot. I am not criticizing so I hope you don't take it that way, just sharing my opinion/experience on the product.

If you have a problem with machine time... ever consider leasing more machines? :)
So your going to come on here and bitch about them being "trashed". Then when your told basically that your going to be taken care of, you still keep bitching. I'm pretty sure we got a major case of " Bull shizzle" going on here.
Kasey makes great products and stands behind them. I am definitely a customer for life.

250 words and you didn't answer the man's question. What is that about?

RHunter I don't run Atlas bipods as they don't fit my needs but to say they won't hold up to recoil more than a 30-06 or rifles over 15 pounds I will have to throw the BS flag. They are very well made and most all of the match rifles out there weigh close to if not more than 15 pounds. If you have a bipod that is bad I am sure Kasey will stand by his product. Why don't you make a short video showing the bipod with the issues and show those issues. Would be the easiest way to show everyone the problems you speak of.

Huntercarver, I apologize for your experience which is not right on a couple of levels. Will you call me next week so we can talk about it before I ask you return it again.
316-721-3222

RHunter, first me looking at your trashed bipods does not mean I'll do anything more if directed not to.
Second, the V7 has been improved upon multiple times and we continue to offer the V7 to current V8 for 50.00. Replacing the base and inner legs as well as upgrades internally.
Third, leasing machines is not in my business model, running debt free is. So far it's working maybe not as timely as possible but considering all things, it is working.
Fourth, a tidbit or glimpse into our world, recently B&T was challenged to make 7 significant changes to the V8 for a project. We did them and shipped quantities in under 20 days. This took time away from other projects X's 3 or 4.
Last nothing here is personal, it's business. Your saying there's a problem with our product you own. I offered to LOOK at them, as I believe it's mutually beneficial. I'm not sure what you have to loose by doing so as I'll refund your S&H too.

Last nothing here is personal, it's business. Your saying there's a problem with our product you own. I offered to LOOK at them, as I believe it's mutually beneficial. I'm not sure what you have to loose by doing so as I'll refund your S&H too.

Only a fool would pass up this offer.

Here come the thread rats....

So your going to come on here and bitch about them being "trashed". Then when your told basically that your going to be taken care of, you still keep bitching.

Obviously you cant read or understand context so rather than make a comment about your ignorance I will simply leave it alone.

But this wold be a good clue as to what I was saying, it is isn't bitching.

I am not criticizing so I hope you don't take it that way, just sharing my opinion/experience on the product.

And about me bitching about them being trashed, what does this say?

I have 2 Atlas's that are damn near trashed from recoil

Did I say they were trashed?

It really annoys the fuck out of me when people like you put words in my mouth and then bitch at me for shit I did not even say. I don't know if I should ignore you or call you a dumb fuck. Ah hell with it, you are a Dumb Fuck!

--

250 words and you didn't answer the man's question. What is that about?

Maybe this wold be a good clue as to the answer to his question???

Work great for the 2 AR's I have them on so I am not looking for a replacement.

--

I don't run Atlas bipods as they don't fit my needs but to say they won't hold up to recoil more than a 30-06 or rifles over 15 pounds I will have to throw the BS flag.

Her we go again....... What part of this don't you understand?

In my honest opinion your V8 really is best suited for a 308 or below or a rifle less than 15 pounds. Or one with recoil less than a 30-06. IF and only IF you are someone that shoots excessively.

Think of a car, if you are an old woman that drives that car 5,000 miles a year, you will have that car for 20 years. If you are a salesman and live on the road, that car will be trashed in 2 years. Does that make any sense to you? Same thing with the Atlas, if you shoot once a month and fire 200 rounds the bipod will last you 10X longer than it would for a person that shoots 2000 rounds a month...

What causes wear? MOVEMENT and the friction from it.

---

Sorry for the rant Kasey,

Leasing machinery is not taking on debt, it is the same as renting. Financing the cost of purchasing new equipment is taking on debt. There is a BIG difference between the two on the balance sheet. Leasing does not kill your cash flow, it limits your financial risk, and it allows you to maximize your profit potential. It's just plain smart business. If you have the space and the electricity to add capacity and you have the demand for the product you produce, leasing is a very very smart option because the profit potential over the cost of lease and labor is a net plus each month you operate. It gives you more money you can re-invest in the business or realize as profit.

Here is an example for you, Amazon is opening a huge new distribution center in Tampa Florida, the building, and it is one hell of a huge building, is being built and will be owned by a private company and leased back to Amazon. With all the cash Amazon has, why would they lease a building? Because it does not tie up their resources and gives them a lifetime tax write off rather than a tax liability. The net cost to Amazon is actually less than actually owing the building and depreciating its value over time as you would with any fixed asset. Money that would otherwise be tied up in plant and equipment can be used for further business development. It is how you turn a small business into a big one.

How many V10's would you have sold since 2011? Shitloads. How much money would you have made if you had the equipment to make them on? Shitloads. How many new products could you have introduced to the market? A lot more than you have now. I apologize if you think my advice is out of place but you have a good product, you really should be capitalizing on that design and stop leaving money on the table. There are a lot of really good manufacturing and business consultants out there that can help you grow your business with minimal financial risk. The demand alone will pay the bills. You really should take a couple grand and talk to one as well as a good tax accountant/lawyer. They will show you ways to grow your business with very little financial risk to the company.

If you had produced the V10 I probably would not own the LRA's I have. That's 2 V10's, add me to the other 1000 shooters out there that have 2 LRA's and that is 2,000 V10's. At $350 each, that is $700,000 in cash flow you probably lost to operate "debt free" in the last 3 years.

It's just food for thought.

PM Me your address and I will send the bipods to you so you can have a look at them. I'll pay for the upgrade for the V7.

That can apply to anything but again what do you consider shooting excessively? Match shooters with heavy rifles shoot a lot and they use Atlas without problems. I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't run one but I do have enough knowledge of shooting to see your BS. You can write it anyway you want but it's still the same.

At least you have the sense to send them to Kasey to get looked at. I am interested to see what he says when they come in.

Nope, just someone with a good BS sensor.

To the OP (if you're still checking this thread), I've ran Harris, GG&G, and now an Atlas. I've had great luck out of Harris bipods for many years without a single problem. If the Harris fits your needs and budget you can't go wrong. With that said, once you start adding on things like a Pod-Lock and picatinny rail adaptor the cost savings reduces very quickly. The GG&G I owned wasn't the HD model so I can't speak of it. Mine was the standard XDS bipod and to be honest I didn't care for it. For the money I thought the Harris was more stable and actually felt more robust. My current bipod is the newest version of the Atlas. I recently traded into a DTA rifle and wanted to try what most consider the best practical/tactical bipod on the market and I'm very glad I did. The feature set of the Atlas is top notch and I really like the way you can load the bipod with a little pressure on the legs. It was a little stretch on my budget but I've been happy with it since day one!

Don't patronize yourself because I hate to break it to ya, it isn't working very well.

Don't worry with what you have said it seems to be well calibrated from my personal knowledge of the product at hand.

ss.jpg

Been on this site 13 years. Seen plenty of stupid come and go. Don't need to see anymore or any of your home pictures ;) Seems like I am not the only one thinking your 15 pound/30-06 recoil limits are BS, including the guy who makes it, so believe what you want. Maybe all that excessive amount of shooting rattled more than your bipod loose.

Dont get cranky Rob because your mother is sending me pictures of you. If you don't like it, you should move out of the house.

LOL

Where ya at? I'll loan you one if you're close-by (I'm in MD).

I'd wait for the upcoming PSR (http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...08-new-atlas-bipod-way-updated-psr-model.html) if you're wanting an Atlas.

I've also become a huge fan of the LRA bipods. I just got an Ultra Light Scout to replace an Atlas on a McMillan-stocked .17 HMR.

Where do you shoot in MD? I will be in Cecil County for a few week beginning of May and would like to go to a range and try out some bipods an my new MD-kosher SCAR17. I am still a die-hard pack shooter but the trend on this site is wearing me down.

Dont get cranky Rob because your mother is sending me pictures of you. If you don't like it, you should move out of the house.

LOL
And I'm the dumb fuck. ........ Your true 3rd grade personality comes out. We all can weed out the bull shit. And your posts reek of it.

Been on this site 13 years. Seen plenty of stupid come and go. Don't need to see anymore or any of your home pictures ;) Seems like I am not the only one thinking your 15 pound/30-06 recoil limits are BS, including the guy who makes it, so believe what you want. Maybe all that excessive amount of shooting rattled more than your bipod loose.

Guess you must have missed my post, but I have had an atlas since 2010 I believe and I have shot about 1000 rounds total of 243 and 338 LM and my atlas went tits up too. I sent it back to Kasey and since they didn't have any old parts, charged me $50 to upgrade to I assume the newer and better model.

Guess you must have missed my post, but I have had an atlas since 2010 I believe and I have shot about 1000 rounds total of 243 and 338 LM and my atlas went tits up too. I sent it back to Kasey and since they didn't have any old parts, charged me $50 to upgrade to I assume the newer and better model.

So a couple isolated incidents of failure mean they won't ever work the with blanket statement of parameters that was mentioned? You better not buy any scope as they all have had failures on many different rifles. Anything made by man can break and that's not what I had issue with. It was the parameters.

So a couple isolated incidents of failure mean they won't ever work the with blanket statement of parameters that was mentioned?

First of all, for someone who DOESN'T own one you sure seem to be a fucking expert on them. We have had what, 10 or so people relate their experience in this thread and 2 out of the 10 had some wear issue? Well that's 20%, hardly a couple of isolated issues.

Second, Those of us who have had problems with them (In our shooting parameters) and share our opinions are doing exactly that, sharing our opinions. If you don't like them, share your own, but don't question our statements as being BS. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DON'T OWN ONE!

I never said they should not be recommended for anything less that what Kasey recommends them for, I simply said IN MY OPINION they should not be recommended for use within a certain parameter where someone will subject them to extreme abuse. Other guys said they use them on bigger rifles with no issues, I have no problem with them, that is their opinion, you chime in not knowing SHIT about what I do with them, how I shoot, and what caused the wear I mentioned. I never said I destroyed them, I never said I trashed them, Kasey is the one who implied I TRASHED them. I said they were still functional. I said I damn near trashed them with excessive wear on the pan/tilt hinge. It has become too loose to use on a heavy gun. It is implied with that statement that the bipod no longer offers me the stability I expect and it effects the placement of my shots. That IS the point of a bipod isnt it? to offer the shooter stability?

In my situation it was the constant rocking back and forth from heavy recoil guns that caused the excessive pan/tilt wear in the Atlas. In order to avoid wearing out the Atlas I said it should not be used on heavy recoil guns if, and only if, you will be using it excessively.

Now seriously, is that really bad advice? If you shoot a heavy recoil gun excessively don't YOU think the LRA is a better choice? I do, it certainly solved my problems.

You better not buy any scope as they all have had failures on many different rifles. Anything made by man can break and that's not what I had issue with. It was the parameters.

Lets put this into perspective, if I buy a product and it simply wears out from my particular use or fails from it, I should buy another one because other people have not had problems with them?

How ignorant is that?

Don't you think maybe most people would look for another product that perhaps may last longer or not fail that fits their particular shooting habits? In my case it was LRA bipods. I subject them to the same abuse as the Atlas and they are rock solid but according to you, I am full of shit, I shouldn't buy the LRA because everyone else does not have any problems with the Atlas under my parameters therefore neither should I.

If I buy a Nightforce and it does not live up to MY expectations and I end up buying a S&B and someone asks me which I think is the best and I tell them why suddenly I am wrong because YOU don't like the parameters of my reason? How about you explain to us why most match shooters don't use Nightforce scopes and primarily use S&B's so I can tell you why your parameters are Bullshit.

You got some really twisted wires in your head brother. You need to come down from your match God perch because the lack of air up there is obviously an issue for you.