• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas bipod

DeputyDawg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2010
NY
I have an atlas bipod. The legs do not cooperate with me. When I pull the sleeve down, it takes some forcing to get the sleeve back in place to lock the leg height. Quite a bit Of force is necessary. . Any ideas? Have not tried anything yet. Was thinking a graphite lube. It has been a problem since day one and I thought over time it would work it self out.

Re: Atlas bipod

Don't know. Mine is new and operates fairly slick. The sleeve snaps in at the detent spots on the legs good. Sometimes when at the top of the legs (fully collapsed) that little O ring keeps the sleeve from easily snaping closed. I removed all the oil off of mine and run it dry as it was a magnet for dirt, fine sand, and dust.

Been happening since I owned. But it is not getting better. I thought it would wear in.

Spray lube is your friend. I have started using Hornady one shot spray lube around the house and it seems to be working pretty well.

Graphite would be better as it won't attract dirt and compound the issue. If all else fails Kasey the main man behind the atlas is active on the fourm and would probably fix it.

One of mine had the same issue, which did not improve with use. One drop of oil for each collar did the trick and they're now smooth as glass. I just wiped off any extra and I haven't noticed any excess accumulation of dust/dirt. As mentioned, any type of spray lube should do just as well.

Deputy Dawg,

Sorry for the trouble, you can return it and we'll make it right.

You can also try this, hold the bipod base and one leg in one hand, extend the other leg a notch or two, now while holding the outer leg fixed, rotate the collar, 360 degrees several times. I suspect it will feel gritty. If it does then doing this rotation on both should resolve the problem. I suspect what we are dealing with is the issue of tolerance stack with the collar, ball hole, ball and anodize.

We should have caught it and made it right before shipping so I visit with our QC peeps.

Again, I apologize for the trouble and will gladly resolve the problem if you want top return it.

Kasey,

It's awesome that there is someone that contacted me from the company. That's never happened with any product I owned. Pretty cool and was not aware that I could find someone from atlas here. I will try your solution and if it continues will contact. It's amazes me that you found me, not vice versa. Thanks again guys. Trying it out in a few hours. Happy Hunting.

Charlie

PS Thanks out to everyone else that responded too.

This kind of support should be expected for a product as this price point; it is quite welcome nonetheless. And, more importantly from a business perspective, it is confidence-inspiring, so much so that I just ordered one.

Americans DO know how to do business.

Yup. This is more than anything why the atlas bipod is such a winner to me. That and I hate the springs on a harris twanging and catching everything.

Mr. Kasey, your PMs are full. I would like to ask you a question. Thanks for your time. PM me if you get a chance.

jake

WOW that is amazing customer service right there. That just made me sure I will buy another atlas bipod.

Dont see customer service like that every day.

I have 2 Atlas bipods...so far!

I love everything about the company and the product!!
grin.gif

keep up the great work, Kasey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike#9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have read the string are they really worth all that money </div></div>

I sold one this week for close to what I paid. I sold it because it was part of a system that would not work on any of my other guns. That said, that money will go to another one. A used item that retains almost all of it's value says something about it. Solid, had a kink in the system and it was resolved by the guy that runs atlas. As stated above, he found my problem and resolved not the other way around. Buy once, cry once. If you buy one new, and do not like it. I will buy it from you for your cost less shipping. I will pay shipping to me. Kasey earned a lifetime customer with me. Offer good only to the mike#9.

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWRichmond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This kind of support should be expected for a product as this price point; it is quite welcome nonetheless. And, more importantly from a business perspective, it is confidence-inspiring, so much so that I just ordered one.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Americans DO know how to do busine</span>ss.</span> </div></div>

This country defined the standards of customer service, production innovation and took the industrial revolution to heights that spawned a golden era of technological advancement. It went to hell when the management had to stop focusing on long-term investment and big vision and had to instead focus of cutting costs and bottomline leadership in order to please the pension funds and investment bankers and their arbitrary focus on quarterly profits.

When you have privately held companies run by people like Kasey (ambition, talent and integrity) you get first class across the board.

Deputy Dawg - wow! I'm glad the "fix" worked but, your offer to mike#9 is just incredible. I am humbled by that. Thank you.

Kasey,
It was a simple fix but that cost nothing but a few minutes of my time. The problem was sought out by you and corrected with the offer of a brandy new one. You product is good, maybe the best, your customer service is unmatched. You should not be humbled, but beaming with pride. The offer to mike9 is still available. It really is a safe bet though. He buys, he loves, he keeps. If not, I have another one. For me it's win win.

Thanks again,
Charlie

I recently purchased my first atlas bipod and I am very impressed with the quality. All the positive reviews on this site and Kasey's helpful posts pushed me into deciding to give one a try. I do not regret my decision.

Deputy Dawg,

Thank you.

Sincerely.

I struggle to put my feelings and thoughts into words that accurately express them. All I know is I am blessed, I'm simply not that good and never want to take any of it for granted.

Guys I really do appreciate your support and willingness to help folks it is what makes this a great site, IMHO the best on the www.

wyoman - please check our dealers page, several of our dealers are taking monthly allotments which has helped us maintain the current 6-10 week back log instead of bumping it to 10-14 weeks....

However, we did get notice this week of another contract being awarded for our bipod. We were able to absorb the one we are currently filling but this new one, so close to the current one, will tip us towards shutting civilian sales down for awhile.

SO, my advice is if anyone is thinking about getting one, best to place order sooner rather than later as to avoid a longer delay.

I also am impressed with this kind of customer service. I have two atlas bipods and feel they are worth every penny! Had a guy at the range offer to buy mine for what I paid PLUS his harris!
I directed him to your website on his iphone and he promptly ordered one.

Ahhhghh, fack! Just when I'm goin to order one next week, this happens. Hopefully next Friday somebody will still have one in stock.