• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas BT10 and/or UTG Recon A style bipods ??

rimfireninja

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2021
Georgia
Any advice to offer on this "style" bipod will be appreciated. Looking to upgrade a bit from the usual cheapo swivel stud and/or QD pic rail attachment Harris imitation bipods so common on Amazon (CV Life, Caldwell etc.) Specifically, the subject style is the multi-position style that locks the legs at multiple angles (45, 90, 135 degrees). Intention is to set legs at forward 45 degree position, such that the weight of rifle itself takes up whatever little slop there is (and there is always some slop). Thinking that may provide a significant amount of the bipod "preloading" all by itself, quite possibly as much as is needed for rimfires anyway. Seems reasonable, but have never heard much of any discussion of the pros and cons. I most often use a Protektor brand leather rabbit ear bag at the rear, always striving for straight back recoil; rifle typically rebounds from shoulder (very slightly) after each shot, to be pulled straight back into shoulder for next shot. Not fond of the springy slop in the imitation Harris types. In the habit of pulling on the bipod legs with off hand after each shot, to insure back to "hard stop" postion (towards shooter) prior to "preloading" for subsequent shot, because of that springy slop. Might could be I an just "doing it wrong". At any rate, currently playing with UTG Recon-A style and have an Atlas B10 ordered, to be mounted on bolt action rimfires (CZ, Tikka, Anschutz sporters, not true heavy bench rifles). Already do have a UTG Recon Flex M-LOK bipod on my Tikka T1X-KRG Bravo 17 hmr, but haven't as yet played with it much, though I do like the feel of it.

Get an atlas cal

Use it at 90 degrees. 45 degrees is very limited in purpose for most shooting
thanks, but my purpose is specific and deliberately limited, it's for casual day sloppy shooter local 100 yard range, off the bench rimfire fun, and I like to keep the rifle as low as can on the bench.. hence, the legs forward at 45 degrees is NOT an issue for my purpose, been there, done that, re: Tikka T1X-Bravo hummer with UTG Recon Flex M-LOK bipod (similar style)

Get an atlas cal

Use it at 90 degrees. 45 degrees is very limited in purpose for most shooting
yeah, I did look at the Atlas *cal* series also, thanks, but decided to try their BT10 1st .. if I like it, it probably won't be my last .. same reason, I guess, why I own two T1Xs, two CZ 457s, two Zephyrs, two Annie 64 sporters, four Savages, four Brownings, etc .. (all rimfires, go figure) .. not an airsoft anywhere in the mix, LOL

Just saying most amazon atlas bipod are likely fake. Especially from sketch sellers like that link you posted

Just saying most amazon atlas bipod are likely fake. Especially from sketch sellers like that link you posted
Just saying, yes, I know that, retired guy, and I order stuff off amazon >200 times a year, and have not been stung as yet .. and know what to do if/when it happens .. some Atlas fakes have been sold on Amazon before, for a fact, but all *recent* reviews on this seem legit, as does price. I know where the Atlas website is also. I even order rifles on-line, though not from Amazon, and have not as yet received a fake Steyr Zephyr II or fake CZ457 or fake Tikka T1X or fake Anschutz .. we will find out soon enough if Louis Devoy ever stops rerouting this order all over America. It has passed through my own hometown USPS twice now and is currently wandering around South Carolina (again)

I second the Atlas Cal suggestion, I bought mine direct from BT (Atlas), along with the Area 419 mount, got it in about three days.

I had a "run around" with USPS a month or two ago. Ordered something from Brownell's, it went from Iowa to NJ, to MD, back to Iowa, back to the local post office in MD, back to Iowa, and finally (after two weeks) back to the local post office here in MD and got it delivered. The USPS is a hot mess...

Reactions: rimfireninja
I second the Atlas Cal suggestion, I bought mine direct from BT (Atlas), along with the Area 419 mount, got it in about three days.

I had a "run around" with USPS a month or two ago. Ordered something from Brownell's, it went from Iowa to NJ, to MD, back to Iowa, back to the local post office in MD, back to Iowa, and finally (after two weeks) back to the local post office here in MD and got it delivered. The USPS is a hot mess...
sure is, lately (a hot mess)
Thursday, April 22

12:15 PM

Package has left the carrier facility.

Jacksonville Fl Network Distribution Center, US

10:41 AM

Package arrived at a carrier facility.

Jacksonville, FL

9:47 AM

Jacksonville, FL

9:42 AM

Jacksonville, FL

9:36 AM

Jacksonville, FL

7:50 AM

Thomasville, GA

4:59 AM

Charleston, SC

4:54 AM

Charleston, SC

3:43 AM

Package transferred to another carrier for delivery.

Thomasville, GA US

Wednesday, April 21

11:41 PM

Package departed an Amazon facility

Jacksonville, FLORIDA US

2:25 PM

Charleston, SC

1:25 PM

Charleston Sc Processing Center, US

9:20 AM