• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Atlas Cal vs S Cal

akmike47

Rumpleforeskin King of the Poors
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    I've searched but haven't really found the answers I'm looking for only comparisons.

I have a 22-26 pound rifle depending on how it's set up and I want a good Bipod. Will the Cal handle the weight or is it worth going up to the S Cal? I know the S Cal is quite a bit wider folded which can make some props difficult to use.

I'm mostly bench shooting but may try some PRS if my body will let me at some point.

If I'm being honest I really want a Ckye, but I'd have to stumble upon a stupid deal to be able to afford that.

I'm more "settling" for lack of a better word on Atlas, I know it's a great product but the Ckye seems hard to beat in the long run.

Super Cal is a bit large for prs. The regular is a better all around bipod if prs is in the mix.

The ckye pod excels at field matches. It’s not a huge game changer for regular prs.

I personally prefer the Tbac for prs as it’s faster than most of them and has less slack than the ckyepod.

Reactions: akmike47
    I was surprised how seldom we deployed the bipod in my first (and only...so far) match. My Harris was adequate for what I needed it for—-2 prone stages; the fortune cookie did the rest of the stages. A better bipod would have been better, but not enough to improve my score considerably. Don’t get me wrong; I hope to get a TBAC or Atlas Cal soon enough. But I learned that’s not a top priority for my next $300.

I was surprised how seldom we deployed the bipod in my first (and only...so far) match. My Harris was adequate for what I needed it for—-2 prone stages; the fortune cookie did the rest of the stages. A better bipod would have been better, but not enough to improve my score considerably. Don’t get me wrong; I hope to get a TBAC or Atlas Cal soon enough. But I learned that’s not a top priority for my next $300.
    I shoot prone/bench mostly. My Harris tried to collapse a few times adjusting for a shot so I want something that locks in. I'm not real keen on smacking my Brux barrel against the concrete bench corner lol.

Last edited:
    Super Cal is a bit large for prs. The regular is a better all around bipod if prs is in the mix.

The ckye pod excels at field matches. It’s not a huge game changer for regular prs.

I personally prefer the Tbac for prs as it’s faster than most of them and has less slack than the ckyepod.
    So if I shot 80-90% prone/bench shooting with possibly some scattered PRS would the normal Cal opinion be the same?

With the taller pod I could always run the legs at 45 to drop it a bit, but I could always raise the cal a little more.

The weight of my rifle won't beat a normal Cal to death will it?

My CAL supports a 20 lb rifle just fine & I agree with @Dthomas3523, it's the better all-around bipod. With that being said, prone & off the bench, the SCAL is pretty sweet. If I could only have one, it'd be the CAL... Fortunately that's not a dilemma I'm faced with, haha!