• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Atlas PSR

Splat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2012
Louisiana
Anyone know how much longer before they are at the retailers? I've been patiently waiting to put one on my new AT. Are they hands over fists better than the BT10? Just wondering if I should wait or go ahead and get the BT10 now. I currently have a Harris NON-swivel and I need one that swivels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of the 10's showing up in the ads so folks are getting ready. I predict brisk sales.

Why is the PSR even an option, at extra price to boot? It fixes a major flaw in the original design where the legs rotate making it nearly impossible to shoot from a hard surface. It's not like they are cheap to begin with.

Hi guys, thank you for the interest and as mentioned we have started shipping PSR's to our dealers, some asked for and got more than others on initial orders, so ask around.

6Dasher- so in my world of manufacturing any machine time costs money. Adding a groove to the outside of a cylinder, drilling and tapping a hole in another cylinder that mates with first then buying and installing a setscrew costs machine time, add the cost for setscrew and you have a increase in cost for that one feature (just a FYI, the PSR has 7 feature changes from the V8).

As far as the leg rotation being a flaw, maybe that's why we've not sold many of the V8's....

Never been cheap, don't plan on being cheap. Solid value for money spent is where we live.

Why is the PSR even an option, at extra price to boot? It fixes a major flaw in the original design where the legs rotate making it nearly impossible to shoot from a hard surface. It's not like they are cheap to begin with.

I never had a problem that could not be solved by switching feet or by making sure I was properly loading the bipod.

Just placed an order with Triad for the new PSR NC version for my AW. In all honesty, I sold all my V7 and V8 because of the leg rotation, Kasey, I am so glad you made this an option. I kept a spigot just for such an occasion. Cant wait to try the PSR

There's this attitude on here that if you're critical then you must be a sob that just went out onto the range for the first time and doesn't know what he's doing. Kind of ashame, as this leaves no room to improve products or the level of shooting.
[MENTION=62261]diverdon[/MENTION]: I have more cups and plaques here than I have bullets, I think I know how to shoot from a bipod thank you. We shoot off of flat smooth surfaces almost every match, so change feet to what?

[MENTION=1217]Kasey[/MENTION]: I really think you could have sold many more if the legs would not have rotated from the start, and I'm not the only one pointing out this issue with the V8 (even the military had this as a demand, which kind of validates my point that it is seen as a problem despite your sales of the V8).

If I can get something that will improve my score in matches, I'm all for it. I've tried the Atlas during training, and I can not get behind it properly without it running away. Maybe it's the end-all for PRS comps (and cudos to you if they are), but for static precision we don't see many during matches here. If I were to shoot what I did during the test runs with the V8, I would drop from 1st/2nd to 15th at matches, it significantly decreases precision and accuracy in the game I play. The rotating legs are 80% of that, the fact that it's too high upright and too low and bouncy at 45° is the other issue. YMMV, but that is my take on it during experience in comps.

I'm glad you worked out the rotating legs on the PSR, I think many shooters will see their shooting improve, so credit where credit is due. But there's still a $120 bipod under my $7K rifle which has to say something. Value for money you said, I'm just not experiencing it. To quote Mulder... "I want to believe".

I hope you keep improving your products, everyone will benefit. A lower, stabler version with smaller steps in the legs and maybe a 60° notch might find a following here is all I'm saying. The moment you can make a better tripod than the one I have, I'm all over it for a bunch of them, even at $300.

Read this as you want, but it's only intent is to get better products and better scores.

PS: Finish and quality on the atlas are top notch, hands down. I think that may be said as well.

Last edited:
6Dasher,
First, it's not a matter of being a sob it's a matter of presentation. You in not so many words said our product is flawed and expensive and the correction should not cost any additional.
You did not say "it doesn't work for me" you made a claim as if it couldn't work for anyone and to that I disagree.
You have clarified your experience when shooting off the Atlas, but I ask, with all due respect, am I to give your experience more weight than the guy that claims to have shot his best group using one? A proper challenge right?
I've always been willing to listen to opinions and suggestions about our products, their evolution demonstrates this.
I have also said a ton of times that our products might not be best for some shooting styles.
I have also recommended the Harris bipod to people that don't need the features of the Atlas. (which was not designed for static, square range work, but rather the opposite!) I respect your opinion, and appreciate your willingness to share. No harm, no foul and shoot well.

I actually prefer the leg rotation -- Especially if a cleat is giving me issues.

Maybe it's just me but, I never saw the rotation as being a flaw...I can see where traditional users could think it was but, per tactical shooters now, I think that's an interesting "feature".

A buddy of mine has a PSR and it's nice but, honestly, I'll stick to my 4 BT10's :D