• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas V8.1 stock update

Re: Atlas V8.1 stock update

Thanks for this option!

I have a few items I am ready to order through you guys!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw they were in stock when I checked a few weeks back. I put an order in expecting it to go straight to backorder, instead I had one in my hands within a few days.

A+ Triad

They are showing out of stock on the website and won't let me order them. They didn't sell out that quick did they?

God I hope not. I clicked on that link less than 90 secs after the post. And it still said out of stock.

That was fast! They must have sold out. It was showing Out Of Stock when I checked it earlier.

Sorry, my fault. I forgot to add page two of the invoice to the inventory. There should be many Atlas there now.

So same day shipping
smile.gif

just ordered mine today and already have a tracking number. cant say that happened when I tried to order one at Botach... thanks Steve - great doing business with you....

Received mine from Steve today. Looks great. Can't wait to get the rail and mounting kit to get it on the rifle.

Got it today Thanks!

The new V8.1 is so much better then the old V7 I've got.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it today Thanks!

The new V8.1 is so much better then the old V7 I've got. </div></div>
I am new to these, what is the difference that makes the 8.1 better? Thanks..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Manzgear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just ordered mine today and already have a tracking number. cant say that happened when I tried to order one at Botach... thanks Steve - great doing business with you.... </div></div>

Same here, I already have a use for the one I'm in line for from Botach, but I already have one on my LMT thanks to Triad.

Just what I've noticed off the bat. Push buttons instead of having to pull the leg out to move/lock the legs in different degree positions.

Having a knurled disc sort of to also extend the legs to longer positions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eagle1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it today Thanks!

The new V8.1 is so much better then the old V7 I've got. </div></div>
I am new to these, what is the difference that makes the 8.1 better? Thanks.. </div></div>

There are many threads on them, let's not derail this one for a comparison. Search for "ATLAS V8" and I bet you will have enough reading for hours.

I just received my first and was a sceptic until opening the box.
These things are solid. I just need a rifle to mount it on.

received my stuff as well today- thanks Steve! love the sticker, thats going right on my truck!

Slightly off topic, but what's the difference between the V8 and V8.1?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9mmkungfu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slightly off topic, but what's the difference between the V8 and V8.1?</div></div> i dont think anything, but i could be mistaken

Alright, I just got mine in the mail and since my rifle is not ready yet, I have some questions since I cannot put it on the rifle and play with it.

1) Why do the instructions say to put the non marked end toward the muzzle?

2) What is the large knob on the bottom in the middle for and the arrow pointing in one direction on the enscribed side?

I know these may seem like dumb a** questions but this is my first Atlas and I want to know how to use it when the rifle arrives. Thanks.

Thanks for your business (no matter where you got it).

1) Why do the instructions say to put the non marked end toward the muzzle?

We suggest the engraving be pointed towards the operator so the arrow which shows the direction to turn the knob to add tension to the Pan and Cant can be referenced.

2) What is the large knob on the bottom in the middle for and the arrow pointing in one direction on the enscribed side?

The Tension Knob is used to increase/decrease the tension of the Pan/Cant.

Thanks again!

After looking through the accu-shot website and looking through the instructions of the BT-10NC, does anybody know what the torque specs of the two fasteners on the BT-19 should be?

Thanks in advance.

Using a regular screw driver I just crank til it woun't turn any more. I am not killing it. I am switching it between 2 guns both with HS Precision stocks using Seekings rail mounts. It has not moved. By the way--this is a great piece of engineering and gives me almost the same 600 yd groups as my high dollar mechanical rest.

Back around to the OP.

The NoClamp versions are out of stock. If you need one, fill out the product notification tab in the product description.

Still have Clamp on and Throw Lever versions in stock.

Now back to the miscellaneous ramblings...

Mine just rolled in...waiting seriously sucks but man is this thing a work of art! Now if UPS can just get my build here by Friday maybe, just maybe I can go break in the new stick.

Nice work Kasey!

The NoClamp and Throw Lever versions are out of stock.

If you need one, fill out the product notification tab in the product description.

Still have Clamp on version in stock.

Now back to the miscellaneous ramblings...

Can you tell me the diff between the 3 diff models?

Not sure which one I'm supposed to look at. No Clamp, Clamp and throw lever?

Shot you an email a few days ago and got no reply. Just wondering if my order has gone out? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huskyfever03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shot you an email a few days ago and got no reply. Just wondering if my order has gone out? Thanks </div></div>

Send it again with your name and or order number.

Do any of you guys know if these can be locked so they will not cant or turn? I have tightened the knob as tight as I can get it and when the rifle sits on the bipod, if I put pressue on it in a certain direction, it will cant or bend. Any way I can get it to lock in an upright position without the canting or turning???

I wish it was designed with a cant and turn lock...

Eagle1* The tension knob adds tension, does not "lock" it up. Can you tell any difference between both stop points on the knob, meaning does it get any tighter when you tighten the knob vs looser when you loosen? Also is it a V7 or V8? Also has it been painted or any lube added to the ball? Feel free to email your # or call us Monday.

Stay tuned LRCampos for the V10, designed for bigger bore stuff where weight is not such a issue. Different set of parameters, different product!

I've taken an oath not to disclose the V9, I had hoped we'd have it to demo by now but no joy. I'm out StanwoodSpartan, have a good weekend!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eagle1* The tension knob adds tension, does not "lock" it up. Can you tell any difference between both stop points on the knob, meaning does it get any tighter when you tighten the knob vs looser when you loosen? Also is it a V7 or V8? Also has it been painted or any lube added to the ball? Feel free to email your # or call us Monday.

Stay tuned LRCampos for the V10, designed for bigger bore stuff where weight is not such a issue. Different set of parameters, different product! </div></div>

Kasey, I just sent an email to you from the email in your profile and do not know if it will end up on your desk top. I asked for a contact # and ext for you at accu-shot. LMK, Thanks Scot..

Also, this is a brand new 8.1 bipod that I bought from one of your distributors. No paint, I actually just got my gun last week and I finally got to install it on the gun.

Man this is as bad as buying computer stuff. "Last" piece I need is a bipod...Was ready to put my Atlas order in and now we're talkin a new version 9!? One of the main reasons for deciding on Atlas is that even w/ my short time on here I can tell Kasey takes seriously customers thoughts and suggestion and uses them to continue improving his product but did you have to bring up version nine just as I was about to order!?
wink.gif

Anyone have any input on whether to order 8.1 or wait for 9??

Eagle1* got it and info sent!

I want to make clear that the Tension knob will not lock the pan/cant. This knob adds tension and typically enough tension that when installed on the rifle and in use, will hold solid. One will always be able to hold the rifle and using the legs as leverage move them.

misparkz Thanks for your interest in the Atlas and sorry to mention the V9 which is a departure from the world of bipods so no need to wait.
I appreciate your observations on our business model, the Atlas will continue to improve, based on feedback and time in field evolutions. We owe it to our customers.

misparkz,

Kasey's gear is all great stuff. However, if you don't have the absolute latest version of everything, particularly front/rear pods, your shooting <span style="font-style: italic">will</span> suffer!

Or so I tell myself to justify the continuing retail therapy (LOL). There is also the added benefits of supporting Hide vendors and scoffing at those not fortunate enough to have the latest kit, "my friend, the Atlas V27 is old school...if you're not running the V31.4, you're simply a dinosaur!"

The worst thing is V.xyz won't help my shooting anymore than version 8 will. But yeah I kinda have the problem of liking the latest and greatest. The good thing here is I'm comfortable buying the latest and greatest because everyone puts them through far more rigorous paces than I will.
But yeah I hear ya.... Kasey has got to eat today (me buying v8.1) and then I'm sure he'll be hungry again tomorrow so I'll still have to think about the new toys he comes out with cause I'd hate for him to go hungry!
I need to quit watching these boards and researching so much. If I didn't know better was available I'd be happy with what I could get at local gun store. After the bi-pod it's time for me to take that oft given piece of advice around here and buy ammo instead of addons and work on my shooting!!

"I'd hate for him to go hungry!"

Trust me, I could afford to miss a few meals!
smile.gif

I actually feel bad now that that wasn't priority #1 on my list. I guess I may just have to purchase another Atlas so I can feel better about myself!

I'm with you parkz... started reading the Atlas threads and before you know it, I'm trying to convince myself that "I need that bipod!" Now I'm trying to tell myself that " my Harris bipod does the job." Being apart of this site is like having another kid... expensive.

gstaylorg, lol your priorities are questionable!
smile.gif

Jammer61, your Harris is a good solid bipod and will serve you well. If you are happy with it's function and performance, spend the money on baby's or boolets.