• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Atlas V8 or PSR

IamJoHo

Shoot Better Nerd
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2019
    Columbus, Oh
    www.facebook.com
    Looking for a bipod for my Vudoo. Either the V8 or the PSR. Is the PSR worth the extra money? Which would you get.

This my first quality bipod thats not a cheap Harris knockoff.

Looking for a bipod for my Vudoo. Either the V8 or the PSR. Is the PSR worth the extra money? Which would you get.

This my first quality bipod thats not a cheap Harris knockoff.
    Yes the PSR is worth the extra money. The legs rotate on the V8, which sometimes allows the bipod to roll out on you.

I’ve had all of the Atlas bipods. The Cal is well worth saving for, over the PSR.

What is the biggest differences between the Cal and PSR?

I've looked on the site and they look a little different but besides the 45* vs 30* cant, how do they feel different?

I prefer the cal but if I had to choose Psr or v8 I would choose psr.

What is the biggest differences between the Cal and PSR?

I've looked on the site and they look a little different but besides the 45* vs 30* cant, how do they feel different?

The knob on the PSR tightens/loosens the pan and cant together. the pan is only useful for engaging moving targets within a few degrees, but tends to torque the bipod sideways under recoil. The CAL is always perpendicular to the bore, and can have the resistance set so that it can be torqued to level the rifle, without having to deal with the twist of the pan. Hope this is understandable.

Reactions: Gustav7
    Cyke works too. Left out because last I heard they were unobtanium for a while

Reactions: Blackice55
    Ended up finding a local "gently used" V8 with 419 arca mount and Hawk Hill feet. I do think their are better options but I think this will get me started until I can get a chance to try a bunch of others on the range. Then one day pass it off to another noob for a good price.